Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which QB is Better?
Brett Favre 14 45.16%
Aaron Rodgers 17 54.84%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 09:58 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,015,449 times

Advertisements

Rodgers is a better technical QB than Favre in terms of accuracy and such. Favre was more of a gun slinger and a risk taker (more along the lines of a Jim Kelly style of QB).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
To me Brett Favre is one step above Ryan Fitzpatrick. Fitz is kind of a poor man's Brett Favre. A lot of good but pretty much an equal amount of bad that generally seems to pop up at the wrong times.
What an insult to Favre!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2014, 04:07 PM

513 posts, read 696,037 times
Wow, at the Favre hate in here. One step above Fitzpatrick? That is one giant step my friend. I do feel he is slightly overrated because of his multiple mvps. You can’t deny he was a great qb though, “decent” qbs do not win 3 MVPs. Just does not happen. I do think Rodgers is better though, and has a legitimate shot of being in the all time discussion if he keeps his current pace.
It is also not fair to compare passing stats over their first x amount of seasons. Rodgers started to play after all the rule changes that made qb’s like Rivers and Romo have better ratings than all time great players like Marino, Montana, and Elway.

Old 04-07-2014, 04:21 PM

335 posts, read 409,992 times
I'll cut to the chase and say Farve based primarily on his career stats . Aaron Rogers is outstanding and a who woulda thunk replacement! Both are great . Oddly my favorite OB's remain Lynn Dickey and Bart Starr.

Old 04-08-2014, 03:46 PM

224 posts, read 273,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inattentive View Post
I'll cut to the chase and say Farve based primarily on his career stats . Aaron Rogers is outstanding and a who woulda thunk replacement! Both are great . Oddly my favorite OB's remain Lynn Dickey and Bart Starr.
What, no love for David Whitehurst, Scott Hunter, or Don Majkowski?

Seriously, I would take Rodgers over Favre in a heartbeat. Yes, Favre was a great QB, but Rodgers is steadier as a playcaller and passer. He also does not seem to try to win games all by himself.

Old 04-09-2014, 06:14 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,618,297 times
Let me clarify my Fitzpatrick comment. Like most I agree that Favre is way over rated. Sure he holds the TD record, but doesn't he hold the INT record as well, like by a lot? He is a gunslinger. Nothing wrong with that. Fitzpatrick is a gunslinger as well. But Fitz's problem is that he doesn't have an actual "gun". That is the "step above" that Favre has. But really, they both do some good and some bad.

Old 04-10-2014, 05:53 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,562,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
Rodgers is a better technical QB than Favre in terms of accuracy and such. Favre was more of a gun slinger and a risk taker (more along the lines of a Jim Kelly style of QB).

What an insult to Favre!

gun slinger: euphemism by some NFL fans to overlook a poor QB who threw way too many bad passes and interceptions, including many at the most critical of all times, that if other big name QB's would have thrown would make them appear way worse than they really were.

Old 04-10-2014, 08:33 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,618,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
gun slinger: euphemism by some NFL fans to overlook a poor QB who threw way too many bad passes and interceptions, including many at the most critical of all times, that if other big name QB's would have thrown would make them appear way worse than they really were.
Exactly.

People don't realize that Fitz has that same gunslinger mentality. That is why I compared the two. Problem is Fitz has a weak arm while Favre has always had one of the stronger arms in the entire league.

Old 04-10-2014, 11:02 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Favre

Old 04-16-2014, 06:27 PM

14,325 posts, read 14,623,274 times
Hey, Ghengis, speaking of QBs, what are the Vikes doing this year???

Old 04-16-2014, 07:17 PM

462 posts, read 427,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Let me clarify my Fitzpatrick comment. Like most I agree that Favre is way over rated. Sure he holds the TD record, but doesn't he hold the INT record as well, like by a lot? He is a gunslinger. Nothing wrong with that. Fitzpatrick is a gunslinger as well. But Fitz's problem is that he doesn't have an actual "gun". That is the "step above" that Favre has. But really, they both do some good and some bad.
And you made your point blurrier, not clearer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football