Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which QB is Better?
Brett Favre 14 45.16%
Aaron Rodgers 17 54.84%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 03:42 PM

211 posts, read 115,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
It can be a bad thing. I am only 19 the only event I can remember Favre playing, besides the Viking-Packer rivalry in 2010, is Favre's interception against the Giants in the Championship Game which costed the Packers to play in the Super Bowl.
So you are going to break down a HOF QBs career. Discount his records and his multiple MVP awards and everything else to one pass in one game ....there was a 5 yr span that no other QB in the NFL was close to what Favre was doing. By your own admission, you don't remember that time. Don't get me wrong, I think Rodgers will be a HOF QB, but right now, today, Rodgers doesn't surpass Favre. I think a better argument is who is a better Packer QB, Favre vs Starr

Last edited by Southeast Hillbilly; 02-04-2016 at 04:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2016, 03:47 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,393,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southeast Hillbilly View Post
So you are going to break down a HOF QBs career. Discount his records and his multiple MVP awards and everything else to one pass in one game ....there was a 5 yr span that no other QB in the NFL was close to what Favre was doing. By your own admission, you don't remember that time. Don't get me wrong, I think Rodgers will be a HOF QB, but right now, today, Rodgers doesn't surpass Favre. I think a better argument is who is a better Packer QB, Favre vs Starr
I hope so because Rodgers is the best right now. The reason why Rodgers won't surpass Favre is because he holds on the ball for too long. I do remember Favre but I was only in sixth grade when Favre left the Packers. I was too young to remember anything else before the Packers even drafted Aaron Rodgers.

Old 02-05-2016, 06:23 AM

14,322 posts, read 14,620,586 times
I like Rodgers but big picture you have to give credit where credit is due and Favre was a great QB, no doubt. As I've said on here many times and Joe Montana said it recently, very hard to compare QBs from different eras.

Using stats for all QBs in comparison, just like using rings, does not cut it for me. I think Rodgers will be remembered for his mental ability to read defenses, his accuracy, which he is obsessive about to a fault and of course, his great arm.

Old 02-05-2016, 07:49 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Brett Favre strikes me as being an honorable, God-Fearing Man, Aaron Rodgers...wouldn't buy a used Bentley from him, especially with low mileage on the odometer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=pgS_xob1x4A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWzL...yer_detailpage

Old 02-05-2016, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I like Rodgers but big picture you have to give credit where credit is due and Favre was a great QB, no doubt. As I've said on here many times and Joe Montana said it recently, very hard to compare QBs from different eras.

Using stats for all QBs in comparison, just like using rings, does not cut it for me. I think Rodgers will be remembered for his mental ability to read defenses, his accuracy, which he is obsessive about to a fault and of course, his great arm.
Agree....especially with the rule changes, you cannot compare "stats". Look at the QB numbers from the 70s, they were lucky to be around 50% completion %. That was mainly due to the rules that let defenders hit receivers at any time on the field as long as the ball was not in the air. A 55% completion percentage then was great. Today a 55% completion percentage will get you out of the league

Old 02-05-2016, 11:14 AM

2,417 posts, read 3,562,426 times
Quote:
So being tough and playing 250+ straight games is a bad thing? shot in the dark here, you are to young to remember seeing Favre play, aren't you
he was tough because of the illegal Vicodin, he said it himself, he wouldn't have had the streak without using to get through the seasons (ironically when he was playing his best in the mid 90's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Favre has more regular season MVP awards. Three -- 1995, 96, 97.
Rodgers has two regular season MVP awards so far -- 2011, 2014. He also has a super bowl MVP award.

funny how Desmond Howard was the SB31 MVP and not Favre, and then next year they were one of the biggest favorites in SB history against Denver and flopped big time

he didn't just throw picks but games deciding picks, how many in NFC Championship games (in 2 different uniforms)

Old 02-05-2016, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
he was tough because of the illegal Vicodin, he said it himself, he wouldn't have had the streak without using to get through the seasons (ironically when he was playing his best in the mid 90's)

funny how Desmond Howard was the SB31 MVP and not Favre, and then next year they were one of the biggest favorites in SB history against Denver and flopped big time

he didn't just throw picks but games deciding picks, how many in NFC Championship games (in 2 different uniforms)
In SB 32, Favre was 25-42 for 256 yards and 3 TDs, 1 Int....if you even watched that game, GB had 2 big fumbles that they lost....unless you are biased, Favres stat line was hardly a flop one of the fumbles was Favre who was sacked on the play....Terrel Davis gashed the GB defense for 157 yds rushing and 3 TDs....GB losing that SB was on the GB defense, not their offense

Old 02-05-2016, 12:12 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,304,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UconnHuskies630 View Post
Brett Favre after his first 87 starts: 1861-for-3031 (61.4%), 21137 yards, 167 TD, 90 INT, 88.3 QB Rating
Aaron Rodgers after his first 87 starts: 1945-for-2955 (65.8%), 24197 yards, 188 TD, 52 INT, 104.9 QB Rating

Brett Favre's playoff numbers up to that point: 194-for-317 (61.2%), 2430 yards, 18 TD, 7 INT, 94.7 QB Rating
Aaron Rodgers' playoff numbers up to that point: 210-for-318 (66.0%), 2489 yards, 19 TD, 5 INT, 103.1 QB Rating

Both players' teams were 58-29 after those 87 games and both players had a Super Bowl ring under their belts.

Any more questions?
Nope, sums it up perfectly. Farve had great moments, but also some huge mistakes, while Rogers is consistently very good to great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Brett Favre strikes me as being an honorable, God-Fearing Man, Aaron Rodgers...wouldn't buy a used Bentley from him, especially with low mileage on the odometer.
WTF does that mean and how is it even relevant? God-fearing is completely different from being a good/moral person. As far as I know, Rogers has never done anything as silly, embarrassing, tasteless as sending an unwanted dick-pic to someone like Farve.

Rogers seems like a good, moral person; he's just outspoken in his faith. And even as a Seahawks fan, when the Packers beat us on 09/20, I absolutely love what he said -sarcastically- afterwards: "I think God was a Packers fan tonight." He was also right after last seasons NFC championship game in saying, "I don't think God cares a whole lot about the outcome. He cares about the people involved, but I don't think he's a big football fan." Why would god -if it exists- care about something like football? To think your team won because of god is delusional and arrogant.

Old 02-05-2016, 12:31 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,562,426 times
Quote:
In SB 32, Favre was 25-42 for 256 yards and 3 TDs, 1 Int....if you even watched that game, GB had 2 big fumbles that they lost....unless you are biased, Favres stat line was hardly a flop one of the fumbles was Favre who was sacked on the play....Terrel Davis gashed the GB defense for 157 yds rushing and 3 TDs....GB losing that SB was on the GB defense, not their offense
typical Brett Favre fan,

fumbles
fumbles
fumbles
fumbles
fumbles

but INTERCEPTIONS aren't turnovers and don't influence the game.....

they were only 14 point favorites in that game.

none of Favres Turnovers, ah , I mean interceptions were "big" or "game changing"

Old 02-05-2016, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
typical Brett Favre fan,

fumbles
fumbles
fumbles
fumbles
fumbles

but INTERCEPTIONS aren't turnovers and don't influence the game.....

they were only 14 point favorites in that game.

none of Favres Turnovers, ah , I mean interceptions were "big" or "game changing"
In the same game, Elway was 12-22 123 yds and 1 pick....I guess in your mind he had a better game than Favre? The game was not lost due to Favres pick....the game was lost because Denver rushed for 180 yds and 4 rushing TDs....GBs defense got blown off the line of scrimmage the entire day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football