Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Peyton Manning win his second Super Bowl ring this season?
Yes 8 25.00%
No 25 78.13%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 02:09 PM

812 posts, read 736,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Broncos defense was the problem last year, and they got A LOT better this off-season.
The defense didn't put up 8 points in the Super Bowl. Don't see him winning another, last year was the best shot he is going to get. A lot of chips fell into place for him, it doesn't always work that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2014, 02:58 PM

6,223 posts, read 3,407,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kool hand luke View Post
You are so witty!
After watching the Falcons last year, maybe the answer for Atlanta is switch teams...couldn't hurt to try.

Old 09-03-2014, 03:28 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,998,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Taco64 View Post
The defense didn't put up 8 points in the Super Bowl. Don't see him winning another, last year was the best shot he is going to get. A lot of chips fell into place for him, it doesn't always work that way.
Like what?

Old 09-04-2014, 09:57 AM

939 posts, read 795,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
After watching the Falcons last year, maybe the answer for Atlanta is switch teams...couldn't hurt to try.
I agree- the falcons stunk last year. They were the anti-Seahawks- the least physical and most wimpy team in the league. I'll predict 7-9 this season for them- tougher, but no pass rush or defense.

Old 09-04-2014, 01:18 PM

5,182 posts, read 5,248,805 times
You guys know of course that Welker's out for six games.

Old 09-04-2014, 01:24 PM

Old news...Broncos have know this for a couple months and was just waiting for the League to make it official.

I think the 49ers will suffer more from their lost of McDonald and Smith a lot more.

Old 09-04-2014, 03:02 PM

4,666 posts, read 3,861,133 times
I can't read. I thought it said - Will Peyton Manning win ANOTHER super bowl ring. I change my vote to no. Teams don't go to back to back bowls in this era. I could see him getting another ring in the 2015 season though.

Old 09-05-2014, 09:21 AM

18,009 posts, read 27,453,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
The Denver Broncos have been AFC favorites and Super Bowl favorites since Peyton Manning arrived in Denver after being let go from the Indianapolis Colts. Since then, in 2012, the Broncos have lost in the AFC divisional game against the Baltimore Ravens, and last February 2014, they lost to the Seattle Seahawks in the Super Bowl XLVIII 43-8, a humiliating loss. Will Peyton Manning win his second Super Bowl ring this year, or will he have to wait one more year?

The OP should grow some nuts and take an actual stand in all of these polls he creates.

When you get two options, pick one. You can't play both sides of the fence on something like this.

But I understand where you're coming from. Honesty and accountability takes guts. You have to have balls to put yourself out there. So much easier to hedge your bets.

I say the Broncos win the Superbowl this year with Manning or never... if they don't do it right now. I say they will because they are hungry enough, talented enough, coached well enough, and play the NFC West this season so they have the opportunity to show if this new defense can get it done or not.

I'm wondering just how many polls you have where you've played both sides of the fence. My guess is that you just like to stir the pot, which is fine with me. Many are like that.

Old 09-05-2014, 09:31 AM

1,580 posts, read 1,461,305 times
I'm a huge Peyton Manning fan, but I don't think that he will win another Super Bowl ring. The Broncos will have a great season and might even make a deep run in the playoffs, but I don't see anyone knocking off the Seahawks in the next couple of years. They're still young and so talented. I think Manning only has a couple of years left in the tank. I also think the Colts are going to win the AFC Championship this year. At any rate, even with just 1 Super Bowl win, he has had a stellar career and one more ring than most players get.

Old 09-05-2014, 11:43 AM

I agree that Peyton Manning is a great quarterback and a class act to boot. When the Seahawk beat the Broncos last year in the Superbowl Manning went from Seattle player to player and congratulated them. I love my Seahawks but respect class when I see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football