Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 07:28 AM

2,286 posts, read 2,008,854 times

Advertisements

Seahawks win 24-13
Colts win 27-21
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2015, 11:10 AM

16 posts, read 12,000 times
i can't see either of these games being close…I think Brady will carve up the Indy Defense and when they correct to stop the pass, they will run. Belicheck throws some of his exotic schemes at Luck and he throws 2 mistakes…Pats win big, 38-17

The only people celebrating more than Packer fans were Seattle fans. I thought Dallas presented much bigger matchup issues for Seattle….GB a totally different team on the road than at home (9-0 vs 4-4) and Rodgers was healthy in week one and couldn't do anything against Seattle….Dallas gashed the GB defense on the ground, expect much more from Seattle (Romo doesn't run, Wilson does). Seattle has to love the fact that Matthews is on the inside, opens up the ends for his pistol formations….GB will not run on Seattle, so now all the load is on Rodgers with one leg vs the best secondary in football. That is not a pretty picture, could get ugly fast….Seattle wins 34-13

On the plus side, Pats/Sea would be a great SB buildup….Brady vs the Seattle defense and how NE's defense contains Wilson….should be fun

Last edited by Elder Wand; 01-12-2015 at 11:36 AM..

Old 01-12-2015, 11:28 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,940,305 times
Although I would love to see the Colts win, I think Mr. Luck's luck might have run out this year. I hope I'm wrong. I'm very worried about Mr. Rodgers' calf injury. I really don't think the Packers have a chance in Seattle without him being 100%.

Seahawks
Patriots

Old 01-12-2015, 11:29 AM

6,246 posts, read 3,417,222 times
New England wins on their home field.
Luck and the Colts are hot right now and should cause some damage against a suspect Pats secondary as Revis is over rated and Browner is penalty prone...but Brady offensive punch will out score the Colts in a high scoring game.

Seattle will win at home.
Green Bay seems to be a one dimensional team as their running game was almost a non factor against the Cowboys which will play right into Seattle run defense's hands. Rodgers inability to limp out side of the pocket will help the Seahawks secondary. Like Dallas took advantage of a weak Green Bay secondary so will Wilson. Close game thru three quarter with Seattle pulling away late.

Old 01-12-2015, 11:43 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,627,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
New England wins on their home field.
Luck and the Colts are hot right now and should cause some damage against a suspect Pats secondary as Revis is over rated and Browner is penalty prone...but Brady offensive punch will out score the Colts in a high scoring game.

Seattle will win at home.
Green Bay seems to be a one dimensional team as their running game was almost a non factor against the Cowboys which will play right into Seattle run defense's hands. Rodgers inability to limp out side of the pocket will help the Seahawks secondary. Like Dallas took advantage of a weak Green Bay secondary so will Wilson. Close game thru three quarter with Seattle pulling away late.
...did anybody actually watch this game?

Lacy ran for over 100 yards (again) with a 5.3 average per carry lol.

Old 01-12-2015, 11:49 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,200,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
Colts win 27-21
I'm a Pats fan and traveled to Indy for the game back in Nov. Although I don't expect the Pats to rush for 200+ yards again, they soundly thumped the Colts in their building at Lucas Oil Stadium.

I think the Colts victory yesterday was more about the uninspired play from the Denver Broncos. I don't think the Patriots will collapse like Denver did.

Patriots 38 - Colts 20

Old 01-12-2015, 12:02 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,666,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
Now that we have round left (excluding the Pro Bowl) before the Super Bowl. So here's my predictions
Colts @ Patriots
Packers @ Seahawks
I'm going with a Seattle vs New England Super Bowl. Aaron Rodgers is not 100% healthy going up against a tenacious #1 rank defense on the road and in a very loud stadium. Seattle is a much better defense than what Dallas had. Would love to see the colts get in, but I don't think they will get by the Patriots.

Old 01-12-2015, 12:06 PM

14,328 posts, read 14,629,286 times
Seattle is good, I get it, but Lacy was more than a non-factor with 100 yards and with half the snaps. They took him out because his asthma was bothering him. I think he was in for 35 or so and they ran 68.

Old 01-12-2015, 12:19 PM

16 posts, read 12,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Cabbie View Post
...did anybody actually watch this game?

Lacy ran for over 100 yards (again) with a 5.3 average per carry lol.
Only 19 times and almost nothing in the 2nd half until they were trying to kill the clock at the end....McCarthy seemed to make a concerted effort to hand the ball to Rodgers starting the 2nd half, turning them into a one dimensional team on Rodgers shoulders (not saying it was the wrong decision, they won)....Seattles run defense is a whole lot better than Dallas' run defense and Sherman is in Rodgers head....Rodgers was healthy week one, if GB cant run and Rodgers cant scramble, this could get ugly quick on Sunday

Old 01-12-2015, 12:34 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,627,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elder Wand View Post
Only 19 times and almost nothing in the 2nd half until they were trying to kill the clock at the end....McCarthy seemed to make a concerted effort to hand the ball to Rodgers starting the 2nd half, turning them into a one dimensional team on Rodgers shoulders (not saying it was the wrong decision, they won)....Seattles run defense is a whole lot better than Dallas' run defense and Sherman is in Rodgers head....Rodgers was healthy week one, if GB cant run and Rodgers cant scramble, this could get ugly quick on Sunday
What does the amount of carries Lacy had have to do with the success he had running the football... I dont get it.

MASON CROSBY IS AN INEFFECTIVE FIELD GOAL KICKER WHEN HE ISN'T GIVEN OPPORTUNITIES TO KICK... lol.. Ummm yeah.

Anytime you average 5.3 yards a carry, you are having phenomenal success running the football.

I also like how nobody is mentioning the fact that our center had his first career start in Seattle in week one. Since then, he has proven himself to be ridiculously good at run blocking along with Sitton and Lang.

Rodgers certainly looked good this week when he went 10/10 on his last ten throws... With over 300 yards passing and 3 tds... But I guess that means nothing too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football