Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 08:01 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
Again, you missed my point. My point is, he is inexperienced on his own merit. Im not throwing to an inexperienced route runner (very green) in that spot no matter who is on him--rookie, vet, or alien.

And, by the way, he has only played in 26 games. Barely over a first year player himself.
but remember that being on the practice squad, he has to run pass routes all the time regardless. and he has to do it running other teams pass routes s well as his own teams pass routes. granted they are not in game conditions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2015, 11:57 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,304,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredatwork View Post
When the score was 24-14, Seattle had the chance to put a dagger to the Patriots but Kearse could not pull down a long lob from Wilson. Had Kearse made that catch, it would have been 1&10 at the 15 of the Patriots. When Kearse could not made that catch, I knew it would come back and haunt Seattle...
Agreed, and not just in that instance, but at least once (maybe twice, I can't remember)in the 4th quarter the Seahawks had 3rd and short at about mid-field, and they throw an incomplete pass. One one occasion it was 3rd and 2, and they called a pass play that was incomplete.

While the Pats contained Lynch pretty well in the 1st half, in the second half he was pretty much running all over the Pats' D. He averaged about 5.5 yards per carry for the game, so in the second half it was probably it was probably at least 7 yards/carry. While the final call was a bad decision, much of the Seahawks play calling in the 4th quarter seemed highly suspect: They were usually too conservative, but also didn't use Lynch when they need short yardage a couple times.

The Seahawks lost the SB in much the same way the Packers lost the NFC championship game. Both teams seemed to have control going into the 4th, but made a few crucial mistakes that provided opportunities for the other team. The Seahawks should have won the SB much like the Packers should have won the NFC championship.

I hate to say this, but ultimately the Seahawks lost because Belichick out-coached Carroll. The Seahawks probably had better on-field talent (at least before the injuries), but the Pats had better coaching.

Old 02-10-2015, 09:38 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I think Wilson is being given a pass because 4 out of 5 times he won't throw the pick on that play. Also, the playcall to throw a slant and not a lob to Matthews or a PA rollout was just dazzlingly dumb.
definitely should have called a dippsy-doodle, or at the very least a razzle-dazzle in that situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football