Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 11:40 PM

71 posts, read 44,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Rodgers is still on the outs until he can get his team to the playoffs. No playoffs=no shot unless you are having an unbelievable year which of course he is not. They are currently in the 9th seed.

Stafford had a bad game but he did make the plays when it counted to get the win today. Very good team record and nice overall stats. Yes, he's clearly in the conversation. Also have to revisit Matt Ryan if the Falcons can win out and he continues to put up big numbers. But with five losses already I'm not sure he can afford another loss. But his stats are as good as anyone so he's definitely in the conversation.
Agree on all points except Rodgers leads the NFL in TD passes, something he has never done in a full season.

I like to think of the MVP as the leader of a playoff team that would fall the furthest without him. With so many of these type of guys fighting for a playoff spot it will probably come down to week 17.

Old 12-11-2016, 11:58 PM

1,281 posts, read 776,550 times
Green Bay is not going to the playoffs so Rodgers is not in the running

Old 12-12-2016, 12:00 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,617,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlyriser18 View Post
Agree on all points except Rodgers leads the NFL in TD passes, something he has never done in a full season.
That's nice but unless he throws for six TDs in each of his next three games I don't think he'll have a realistic shot assuming his team misses the playoffs.

Old 12-12-2016, 12:02 AM

71 posts, read 44,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
Green Bay is not going to the playoffs so Rodgers is not in the running
It will be close but they could easily win out. Detroit also has 3 tough games including GB in week 17. Could be a playoff game a week early.

Old 12-12-2016, 05:24 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,230,340 times
Quote:
I would say Rodgers and Stafford are now firmly in the MVP race.
I agree, both Stafford and Rodgers have played themselves into the race.

Carr, Prescott and Wilson all played themselves out of the race and I also think Ryan's game against the Chiefs with pick 6 and pick 2 to give the game away will also hurt him

Rodgers has been the hottest QB in the NFL for the past 6-7 weeks with Stafford close behind

Pack is hot and should win next 2 games with final against Lions likely for a playoff spot

Brady has to go up against 2 stellar defenses tonight and next week without Gronk, if he puts up big numbers for wins he will continue to lead the race even with the 4 games lost to start the season.

I think he will likely struggle the next 2 games which will make the race for MVP very interesting

Old 12-12-2016, 07:02 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,617,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Carr, Prescott and Wilson all played themselves out of the race and I also think Ryan's game against the Chiefs with pick 6 and pick 2 to give the game away will also hurt him

Rodgers has been the hottest QB in the NFL for the past 6-7 weeks with Stafford close behind

Pack is hot and should win next 2 games with final against Lions likely for a playoff spot
Now, Wilson, that's a guy who was never even in the race to begin with.

I think Carr is still in it and can still retake a lead if he finishes well. Dak was riding a lot on the best record in the league and the winning streak so he definitely took a big hit.

I still say Ryan has a shot because the stats are the best in the league, tied with Brady basically.

Rodgers, no point in discussing until his team is in a playoff position.

Old 12-12-2016, 08:12 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
So in the Cowboys' two losses this season, Dak has averaged 41 pass attempts per game. His season average is 30.

In both losses this season, when Dak has had to throw the ball more than usual and not rely on his running game like he usually does, he has been HORRIFIC.

Dak Prescott's stats from their 2 losses in 2016:

42 of 80 (52% completion)
392 total yards (196 passing yards per game)
1 TD
2 INT

In both games where Dak Prescott was asked to throw more than he usually is (40 pass attempts per game in 2 losses, 30 pass attempts per game in 11 wins), he has lost.

So when Dak was asked to throw the ball 40 times a game like some true "gunslinger" QBs do EVERY WEEK, Prescott is 0-2.

Has Dak Prescott been very good this season? hell yes he has. But he is not MVP material.

Old 12-12-2016, 04:49 PM

Quote:
I have seen Brady fall out of the discussion in the media and rightfully so. When your team goes 3-1 without you, then you are not valuable IMO. With the way Garoppolo was playing before getting hurt, they probably would have earned a first round bye if Brady was out all year. He will need 15 TD's in the last 3 games to get back into it IMO.
Don't know what sites you are looking at but Brady is still very much in the race with some handicapping sites having him still in the lead.

He doesn't need 15 TD's to win he just needs to avoid having the same kind of melt downs the other front runners like Carr and Ryan have had of late..

I still don't think he wins it and not because the team went 3-1 without him, anyone who actually watches the games knows how much better the Pats have played since Brady's return

Not winning has more to do with voter antipathy and looking for the "next big thing" which is why I think someone new gets it this year whether its Stafford, Ryan, Elliot or even Carr if he plays himself back into the discussion..

Old 12-12-2016, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Now, Wilson, that's a guy who was never even in the race to begin with.

I think Carr is still in it and can still retake a lead if he finishes well. Dak was riding a lot on the best record in the league and the winning streak so he definitely took a big hit.

I still say Ryan has a shot because the stats are the best in the league, tied with Brady basically.

Rodgers, no point in discussing until his team is in a playoff position.
Wilson WAS very much in the race more so than your boy Dak....

As recently as 3 weeks ago some handicapping sites had Wilson at number 2 in the race and before the 5 INT performance yesterday he was still ranked ahead of Dak on most handicapping sites.

Rodgers is as worthwhile as discussing as Dak was to start this thread since Dak was never really in the conversation to begin with and has now completely played himself out of any chance at contention....

I don't really think that the Cowboys will pull Dak in favor of Romo unless he really shats all over himself in the next game or two but the fact that Jerry Jones felt it necessary to make public comment that the Cowboys WEREN'T going to pull Dak put his "candidacy" in perspective...

A guy who has to have a public vote of confidence from the owner should never be in conversation for MVP, another reason why a rookie QB should almost never be in consideration.....

Old 12-12-2016, 04:57 PM

1,281 posts, read 776,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Wilson WAS very much in the race more so than your boy Dak....

As recently as 3 weeks ago some handicapping sites had Wilson at number 2 in the race and before the 5 INT performance yesterday he was still ranked ahead of Dak on most handicapping sites.

Rodgers is as worthwhile as discussing as Dak was to start this thread since Dak was never really in the conversation to begin with and has now completely played himself out of any chance at contention....

I don't really think that the Cowboys will pull Dak in favor of Romo unless he really shats all over himself in the next game or two but the fact that Jerry Jones felt it necessary to make public comment that the Cowboys WEREN'T going to pull Dak put his "candidacy" in perspective...

A guy who has to have a public vote of confidence from the owner should never be in conversation for MVP, another reason why a rookie QB should almost never be in consideration.....
But why are people acting like Romo is Tom Brady?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football