Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 07:58 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,618,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyCrockett View Post
Oakland is not getting in, particularly over Buffalo, who they still trail by two in the loss column and lost to as well.
I agree. That would acquire two things to happen. Oakland goes on a serious run. And Bills completely collapse. I know one out of two is possible. But two out of two is asking a lot.

Old 11-05-2017, 01:17 PM

9,763 posts, read 7,475,048 times
I doubt they can trade for anyone since the deadline passed, but not sure how trades can work in football after the deadline.

I heard they signed TJ Yates & Matt McGloin......but compared to Tom Savage that's like asking which way would you rather die: rat poison, cyanide, or drowning in quicksand. Each of those 3 choices suck, and each of those Houston QB choices suck. They are in trouble either way, and with how awful they look so far against the Colts, in much worse shape then even I thought.

Old 11-05-2017, 03:20 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
wow, Bucs looked like a steaming pile of **** .....Koetter is going to make the decision to fire him and his staff an easy one.

Old 11-05-2017, 05:24 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
as i said folks, dont count the cowboys out just yet, they just beat the chiefs 28-17.

Old 11-06-2017, 09:53 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Jacksonville (5 - 3) has by far the easiest schedule remaining with games against foes who have a .360 winning pct, including away games against the winless Browns and 49ers. Seattle (home) and Tennessee (away) are their only games against teams above .500, at this point.

NFL Playoff Picture

Old 11-06-2017, 11:07 AM

939 posts, read 506,119 times
Anyone remember Denver throttling Dallas 42-17 just a month-and-a-half ago??? It sounds odd with almost half a season left, and lord knows NFL teams inexplicably show different stripes from one portion of the season to the next, if not game-to-game, but barring a major injury, I see the playoff picture pretty clear cut this year.

Division winners very likely will be New England, Pittsburgh, KC, Philly, Minnesota, and New Orleans. Only two leave a lot of doubt, though you would probably have to lean Jacksonville over Tennessee and the Rams over Seattle. Seattle did win at LA, but I see Seattle still only 50-50 to even make it as a wildcard. It will be either they or Carolina, to go along with Dallas. The AFC looks weak in comparison- I'm not particularly enamored with the way New England, Pittsburgh, and KC have played to this point, but one will surely represent the conference in the S.B. Buffalo and Tennessee should be the wildcards. Nobody behind them has the clout nor the advantageous schedule to make up multiple games in the standings in the AFC. The Ravens seem incapable, the Jets are competitive, but dug themselves into too much of a hole due to the three game losing streak- all games they easily could have won. The Raiders have a very difficult schedule, and the Dolphins are the biggest joke and farce of a 4-4 team imaginable.

Old 11-06-2017, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Anyone remember Denver throttling Dallas 42-17 just a month-and-a-half ago??? It sounds odd with almost half a season left, and lord knows NFL teams inexplicably show different stripes from one portion of the season to the next, if not game-to-game, but barring a major injury, I see the playoff picture pretty clear cut this year.

Division winners very likely will be New England, Pittsburgh, KC, Philly, Minnesota, and New Orleans. Only two leave a lot of doubt, though you would probably have to lean Jacksonville over Tennessee and the Rams over Seattle. Seattle did win at LA, but I see Seattle still only 50-50 to even make it as a wildcard. It will be either they or Carolina, to go along with Dallas. The AFC looks weak in comparison- I'm not particularly enamored with the way New England, Pittsburgh, and KC have played to this point, but one will surely represent the conference in the S.B. Buffalo and Tennessee should be the wildcards. Nobody behind them has the clout nor the advantageous schedule to make up multiple games in the standings in the AFC. The Ravens seem incapable, the Jets are competitive, but dug themselves into too much of a hole due to the three game losing streak- all games they easily could have won. The Raiders have a very difficult schedule, and the Dolphins are the biggest joke and farce of a 4-4 team imaginable.
yes i certainly remember that game. but it was an early game in the season, and the cowboys had a lot of issues they had to overcome both on the field and off. they were unorganized, and undisciplined. i think if that game were played today, the outcome would be much different.

dallas is getting their act together, and it is showing with their performance on the field. a few weeks ago the falcons would have beaten the cowboys handily, this week i am not so sure of that. the big thing is that the defense is finally starting to play up to their potential. the falcons still might win sunday, but they will know they were in a game.

Old 11-06-2017, 02:49 PM

6,229 posts, read 3,411,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
as i said folks, dont count the cowboys out just yet, they just beat the chiefs 28-17.
Dallas maybe a different team if Elliott is declared out for six games.

Old 11-06-2017, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Dallas maybe a different team if Elliott is declared out for six games.
the run game will suffer a bit, but dont forget who is backing up elliot, we start with albert morris, rod smith, and mcfaden. three very good running backs that could start on most any team in the NFL. so i am not concerned about the running game. in fact it might make the running game easier because teams likely wont be loading the box to stop elliot, which will make things easier on morris.

and remember the carry morris had in the KC game, where morris dragged a number of KC players for eleven yards before he was brought down. now that isnt indicative of how morris will play every down, but it does show that he is a very capable running back.

as i said, dont count the cowboys out just yet.

Old 11-06-2017, 05:19 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,230,340 times
Quote:

How does the AFC look "weak" in comparison to the NFC???

Outside of Philly you think there is a dominant team in the NFC??

Arguably the 2 best teams in the NFC right now Philly and New Orleans have both lost to AFC teams this season..

The Rams??? Out of their 6 wins only 2 came against teams with a winning record...

All the teams have warts.....the most complete team is Philly....

I would bet on the Final Four being New England Pittsburgh Philly and New Orleans/Seattle

In the end it usually comes down to the best QB standing which means Brady, Wilson, Brees and Roth in that order for me....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football