Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 08:18 PM

2,286 posts, read 2,007,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyCrockett View Post
So I'm suppose to be a disbeliever in the Eagles's success this season because of what happened to the NHL Flyers or MLB Phillies in the past?
How about the Eagles choking in the playoffs over and over again? Being the first home team to lose the Saints in a playoff game in 2013, losing at home to the Packers in 2010, getting killed in Dallas in 2009, having the huge comeback in Arizona in 2008 only to p1ss away the lead with 3 minutes left. The data doesn't lie, and I have no reason to be confident they can get to the SB, certainly not with a 2nd year QB. We know who they are.

Old 11-19-2017, 09:24 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,618,297 times
Chargers over time loss last week to the Jags was killer. Had they won that game they would be right there neck and neck with the Ravens at 5-5.

Ravens are going to get the sixth seed by default. They are a hard team to gauge. They have an above average defense but that offense is downright terrible at times. But luck seems to be on their side too this year by drawing an easy schedule especially with Green Bay without Rodgers. They should easily finish 8-8 at worst, probably 9-7. Not sure any other teams behind them will finish better than 7-9.

Old 11-19-2017, 10:04 PM

Luck has been on their side ... other than injuries to Flacco, Woodhead, Maclin, Wallace, West, Perriman, and Yanda. 3 shutouts in 60% of a season is no joke. Flacco may start trying in about a month. Having Woodhead back can't hurt.

Old 11-19-2017, 10:10 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
I suspect we'll see an NFC South team in the SB again. Perhaps New Orleans this time around. I have a very hard time trusting any Philadelphia sports team. They always choke when they get to the playoffs. Heck, the Sixers dropped 47 on the Warriors in Q1 last night and still lost. Predicting Philadelphia to get to the SB is like predicting the Nationals to win a playoff series.

They've got a couple of nice wins under their belt, but nothing to convince me they can make a SB run. Let's have this conversation after they face Dallas twice and Seattle.
i think this is the eagles year to go to the super bowl, and perhaps win it. that team in on fire right now in all aspects of the game, except perhaps the kicking game. we shall see though.

Old 11-19-2017, 10:50 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,618,297 times
Quote:
Luck has been on their side ... other than injuries to Flacco, Woodhead, Maclin, Wallace, West, Perriman, and Yanda. 3 shutouts in 60% of a season is no joke. Flacco may start trying in about a month. Having Woodhead back can't hurt.
Sounds like your typical NFL team. Should I start listing the injuries my Bills have had?

Or how about the Patriots?

Edleman, Gronk, Hogan, Hightower, Gilmore, Cyrus Jones, Malcom Mitchel

Every team has injuries.

Old 11-19-2017, 11:33 PM

You're clearly not lucky if you lose your entire receiving corps for several games and the heart of your offensive line for the year. I'm not going to get into a shouting match about which teams have worse injuries. Based on ESPN standings, it doesn't look like any team has had a particularly tough schedule. Only Kansas has a SOS > .500 among AFC playoff teams. I do like what Jacksonville has been able to do.

Old 11-20-2017, 04:51 AM

939 posts, read 506,119 times
Quote:
How about the Eagles choking in the playoffs over and over again? Being the first home team to lose the Saints in a playoff game in 2013, losing at home to the Packers in 2010, getting killed in Dallas in 2009, having the huge comeback in Arizona in 2008 only to p1ss away the lead with 3 minutes left. The data doesn't lie, and I have no reason to be confident they can get to the SB, certainly not with a 2nd year QB. We know who they are.
Different players, different coaches. The Red Sox blew key games ever way imaginable for 86 years and then recently won 3 titles in 10 seasons. The data doesn't lie? What data? You have none.

Old 11-20-2017, 04:57 AM

939 posts, read 506,119 times
Quote:
You're clearly not lucky if you lose your entire receiving corps for several games and the heart of your offensive line for the year. I'm not going to get into a shouting match about which teams have worse injuries. Based on ESPN standings, it doesn't look like any team has had a particularly tough schedule. Only Kansas has a SOS > .500 among AFC playoff teams. I do like what Jacksonville has been able to do.
Still doesn't make the injuries any more omnipresent than if you analyze most teams. Welcome to the modern day NFL, which is part of the reason for why the product on the field is suffering vs yesteryear. However luck and timing are involved. You get the right guys back at the right time and some times vs the right teams, anything can happen.

Old 11-20-2017, 06:23 AM

14,327 posts, read 14,623,274 times
Yeah, injury thing, I am tired of it. Teams survive with injuries or players out, period. Fans and media have been saying for years, get players around Rodgers, he carries the Packers, hides deficiencies, do you think???

Today will be brutal in Packer country, fortunately weather looks nice I can finish up the last of my yard stuff. I usually listen to Wilde and Tausch but not today, it will be brutal. Packers will not make the playoffs for the first time since 2008.

Old 11-20-2017, 08:13 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,892,595 times
Quote:
Eh, I find this pretty silly. In the AFC: I count NE, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Kansas as legitimate threats (true, Baltimore's passing game needs to wake up, and Kansas needs to stop losing). In the NFC: possibly Cowboys, Saints/Panthers/Falcons, Seahawks. The other teams (like Rams and Eagles) are going to choke. That may mean a 9-7 finish, or it may mean getting crushed 24-3 in the first round of the playoffs. Sure there are more teams in the NFC who will finish the regular season strong, but that means little. It's kind of like "lol cavs just lost to the rockets, the east is so weak ... " when really it'll come down to Cleveland and Golden State, regardless of which conference they play in.
Quote:
For the love of god, it's Kansas City, not Kansas. There is no NFL team in Kansas. Kansas is a state. The primary part of KC (downtown, airport, nearly all of KC's attractions etc) are not in Kansas, they are in Missouri. The Chiefs don't play in Kansas.

It's the Kansas "CITY" Chiefs. A super quick history lesson for you. KC,MO was a city long before Kansas was ever a state or even a territory. The city is named after the Kansa Indians. It's confusing I know, but it's insulting to locals to call the city by the name of the state next door which has almost nothing in common with with the actual city.

Thank you for your attention to this matter!

And wow, the Kansas CITY Chiefs have imploded after such a great start. They are lucky the rest of the division have crashed even harder.

Last edited by kcmo; 11-20-2017 at 08:22 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football