Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2010, 11:36 PM

910 posts, read 2,985,144 times

Advertisements

SO... Mike Tomlin had some good things too say about the team. He always settles the fans down it seems. He had an interview with Rich on NFL network;

NFL Videos: Tomlin interview

Plus, I am subscribed to Hines Ward and Pittsburgh Steelers on Facebook, not that you care, but Hines Ward is continuosly updating us fans on his facebook, and always shows positive outlooks. They are moving forward. The Steelers page on facebook said that Hines dropped a pass in practice and immediatly performed 10 push-ups on the field. What a true proffesional.

Tomlin explained why Dixon might not be starting very clearly, and explained that he is happy with Mike Wallace's work ethic over the off season and in training camp.

If anyone can tell you whats up with the Pittsburgh Steelers on-field and in locker-room, it is Mike Tomlin, and he seems proud of his team. He still is acting hard on the defense as they put up one of the worst performances last year.

I trust Mike Tomlin as the head coach, do you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2010, 08:17 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,146,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision-Quest View Post
SO... Mike Tomlin had some good things too say about the team. He always settles the fans down it seems. He had an interview with Rich on NFL network;

NFL Videos: Tomlin interview

Plus, I am subscribed to Hines Ward and Pittsburgh Steelers on Facebook, not that you care, but Hines Ward is continuosly updating us fans on his facebook, and always shows positive outlooks. They are moving forward. The Steelers page on facebook said that Hines dropped a pass in practice and immediatly performed 10 push-ups on the field. What a true proffesional.

Tomlin explained why Dixon might not be starting very clearly, and explained that he is happy with Mike Wallace's work ethic over the off season and in training camp.

If anyone can tell you whats up with the Pittsburgh Steelers on-field and in locker-room, it is Mike Tomlin, and he seems proud of his team. He still is acting hard on the defense as they put up one of the worst performances last year.

I trust Mike Tomlin as the head coach, do you?
He's coming along but I still prefer "THE CHIN". You have to realize the obvious about our defense though. It centers around Troy. So an unhealthy Troy means a much lesser defense. A healthy Troy means a top 5 defense.
Our receivers will be solid and this could be a great bounce back year. We are deep enough on defense even if injuries occur but Troy MUST be healthy. Our LB's are very deep especially with the new rookies.

Old 08-22-2010, 02:53 PM

Yeah I agree. One person out with an injury shouldn't make a whole defense terrible. James Harrison was 2008 defensive player of the year? Makes me think it should of been Troy

Old 08-23-2010, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Yeah I agree. One person out with an injury shouldn't make a whole defense terrible. James Harrison was 2008 defensive player of the year? Makes me think it should of been Troy
We're very deep with our LB's but Troy is not replaceable.

Old 08-23-2010, 08:25 PM

So despite the one interception, I think Roethlisberger did a good job leading the team! but it is good too know that we have 4 good quarterbacks that can get the job done. We should spread that depth around to other positions on the team, such as O-LINE!!! Give Leftwhich some time this season would ya!?!?!?!?!

Old 08-24-2010, 07:15 AM

Quote:
So despite the one interception, I think Roethlisberger did a good job leading the team! but it is good too know that we have 4 good quarterbacks that can get the job done. We should spread that depth around to other positions on the team, such as O-LINE!!! Give Leftwhich some time this season would ya!?!?!?!?!
He will be fine (Leftwich). You can't compare his time in Tampa to what he'll do with us. He did great with us the last time around.

Old 08-24-2010, 08:07 AM

1,128 posts, read 1,645,734 times
I just saw some of the highlights of the Giants Steelers game...the Steelers were looking pretty good every one of our QB's did a good job, especially BL. I wish I had seen the entire thing.
I guess its time to subscribe back to the NFL package again . I'm looking forward to this season.

Old 08-25-2010, 01:47 AM

Did anybody hear about Dan Rooney coming to Giants Stadium too watch his Steelers? Dan went to the guy that invited him and it was said that he didn't recognize Dan Rooney. So he just got up and left the game... Wow.

Old 08-25-2010, 05:53 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,027,890 times
I got a feeling in my aging bones that this is going to be a exciting season for the steelers. At least they have 3 snf games on free tv that ill be able to watch. They are against 3 good teams incl the saints on halloween night in new orleans.

NOTE: This sunday night (8/29) the steelers play at denver in their 3rd pre-season game. Im glad its on tv here. The last steelers game i saw was jan.10.

Old 08-25-2010, 11:01 PM

This is going to be another great come from behind season for the Pittsburgh Steelers. I expect it to be a lot like the 2007 NFL season when eveybody doubted they would even win 8 games at the least.

I agree with Steel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football