Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2009, 07:58 AM

1,196 posts, read 2,934,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Wake up dude! They are ONLY 2 points away from being 0-3 and they haven't had many winning seasons since 1993.... Not sure how old you are but the 'Skins have been pretty bad since Joe Gibbs' first retirement (1992 I think?) and they have been MISERABLE since Danny Boy Snyder bought them in 1999.

We are all fans with opinions... However sticking your head in the sand won't make them any better.
Agree!

If "little" Danny would get off of the field, Cerrato would get his head out of his a $$, and let these guys play, they could possibly even salvage this dismal season (8-8 or even 9-7). I personally think the wrong thing to do is to fire Zorn, at this point. Let the season finish, good, bad, or excellent, enough with the controversey, and let them play.

This would make the what, 7th coach in 9 years! Enough already. Snyder needs to realize that You Can't Buy a Superbowl!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 08:26 AM

18,213 posts, read 25,850,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Wake up dude! They are ONLY 2 points away from being 0-3 and they haven't had many winning seasons since 1993.... Not sure how old you are but the 'Skins have been pretty bad since Joe Gibbs' first retirement (1992 I think?) and they have been MISERABLE since Danny Boy Snyder bought them in 1999.

We are all fans with opinions... However sticking your head in the sand won't make them any better.
X-Greensboro Resident is right. The Redskin fans are amongst the most loyal in the NFL, if I'm not mistaken they have the NFL's longest sellout streak going. No winning seasons since 1993? That's 15 years of futility-sheesh! The Redskin organization should be happy that the fans are ONLY booing- they could sit on their hands and not cheer, then in the middle of the second quarter walk out of the stadium instead!

Old 09-30-2009, 09:53 AM

191 posts, read 120,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
X-Greensboro Resident is right. The Redskin fans are amongst the most loyal in the NFL, if I'm not mistaken they have the NFL's longest sellout streak going. No winning seasons since 1993? That's 15 years of futility-sheesh! The Redskin organization should be happy that the fans are ONLY booing- they could sit on their hands and not cheer, then in the middle of the second quarter walk out of the stadium instead!
I agree with the loyalty of the fans, we are loyal. The organization should be grateful that the fans are willing to stand up and let them know they need to change things beause we are unhappy with the results (or lack of in this case). The stadium could just be empty like when other teams stadiums are when their home team sucks! We're not going anywhere......which is the point! The fact that we as fans are still going to stick around but they need to change what we are all paying for. I am all the way in California and can't afford to go to a home game or anything so I am not paying for tickets and expensive concession food.....but I shop nflshop.com nonetheless and have all my Redskins memorabilia. I wear the colors proudly and the damn organization should take that seriously. If Snyder doesn't know what he is doing than get the hell out of the way and let someone else come in and do it. But the pride......wow.......unbelievable......

Either way I will be sitting through the game against the Bucs. To watch yet again......the infamous "run to the left" game plan......again....

Old 10-01-2009, 12:08 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,933,744 times
Can't wait to play the Deadskins twice.

Old 10-01-2009, 03:22 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,919,735 times
I think Booing is the stage before apathy, and not coming to games because no one cares. It should send a message that the product is not worth the $100 ticket.

Old 10-08-2009, 05:07 PM

Read a pretty interesting piece by Daniel Steinberg of the Washington Post. It involves Sherman Lewis, who was kind of "lulled" (?) out of retirement to be a special consultant to the Redskins for the remainder of the season. He has been out of the NFL loop for a few years.

It would be interesting to see head coaches Jim Zorn's response as to the Redskins decision as I would imagine it would be owner Daniel Snyder's call on this. I'll let one of the Redskin fans answer this one!

Old 10-08-2009, 06:15 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,057,165 times
Quote:
Read a pretty interesting piece by Daniel Steinberg of the Washington Post. It involves Sherman Lewis, who was kind of "lulled" (?) out of retirement to be a special consultant to the Redskins for the remainder of the season. He has been out of the NFL loop for a few years.

It would be interesting to see head coaches Jim Zorn's response as to the Redskins decision as I would imagine it would be owner Daniel Snyder's call on this. I'll let one of the Redskin fans answer this one!
DOUBLE H, I got two words for you bro: RAIDERS EAST!!!

That's ALL I got!

Old 10-08-2009, 09:13 PM

When I read the story this morning, I laughed. I thought, ok April Fools day is a ways off. Then it was confirmed on Pardon The Interruption and Around the Horn, ESPN gabfest shows. It was mentioned in kind of a light way.

Sherman Lewis has been out of the NFL for a few years, but had a distinguished career for years before. It's not that he hasn't been doing anything. He has been, um, uh, er, mm, ok-here it goes; he has been calling bingo at a senior citizens home.

Sorry X-Greensboro!

Old 10-09-2009, 03:19 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,057,165 times
Quote:
When I read the story this morning, I laughed. I thought, ok April Fools day is a ways off. Then it was confirmed on Pardon The Interruption and Around the Horn, ESPN gabfest shows. It was mentioned in kind of a light way.

Sherman Lewis has been out of the NFL for a few years, but had a distinguished career for years before. It's not that he hasn't been doing anything. He has been, um, uh, er, mm, ok-here it goes; he has been calling bingo at a senior citizens home.

Sorry X-Greensboro!
EXACTLY! At least Al Davis has an excuse, he's old and losing his mind, what's Danny Boy Snyder's excuse??!

Like I said, the Skins are RAIDERS EAST!!!!

Old 10-12-2009, 11:29 AM

8,629 posts, read 9,134,034 times
If Zorn was truly the Head Coach there would be no way in hell he would put up with this consulting bs. He's not the head coach, he's the offensive coordinator, primarily the quarterbacks coach. The organization is rotten from the head down, totally devoid of Gibbs influence after a year and some months. Sherm needs to look upstairs first and work his way down to the field and give Vinny a sideways glance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football