Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2016, 06:23 PM

17,579 posts, read 15,254,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Do want to emphasis that I try my best to pick up the games with an outdoor antenna. Unfortunately, our homemade antenna has kind of bit the dust, so I'm going to have to buy one that's a bit more sturdy for outdoor use. Where I live in NC, I'm normally able to pick up the VA channels that carry all the Redskins games, but I haven't had much success in the past couple of weeks.
As I've mentioned.. One of the reasons I love Sirius is getting to hear Sonny, [strike]Sam[/strike] and [strike]Frank[/strike]

And.. Sonny isn't sounding too great.

I do generally like Cooley on the radio broadcasts.. Despise Larry Michael and don't overly care for Doc Walker, but he's tolerable.

I MIGHT be able to pick up the Gastonia affiliate on a good day, but if it weren't for Sirius.. I'd either be paying for Sunday Ticket or watching 1 or 2 games a year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2016, 06:10 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,411,688 times
Quote:
Yes, look for NFL streams through reddit! The links usually appear right before the game starts.

JUST FYI. I'm not going to post links here, as I don't know if that is against forum rules or not.

Direct Message?

Old 09-30-2016, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
As I've mentioned.. One of the reasons I love Sirius is getting to hear Sonny, [strike]Sam[/strike] and [strike]Frank[/strike]

I do generally like Cooley on the radio broadcasts.. Despise Larry Michael and don't overly care for Doc Walker, but he's tolerable.

I MIGHT be able to pick up the Gastonia affiliate on a good day, but if it weren't for Sirius.. I'd either be paying for Sunday Ticket or watching 1 or 2 games a year.
I rarely hear the radio guys, why would I when I watch from home? Wife used to like us to watch on TV but listen to the radio. I hated it, thankfully with digital delay I had my ammo as the radio signal described the play before it started on TV.

But the few things I have heard from Cooley were annoying. Talk about a fan boy. Once I was forced to listen to Sam as I was at the beach and no Redskins game on TV (1 of 3 I have missed in 40 years). After the Saints tied the game in the last 2 minutes he actually said "watch out for the on sides kick". It was sad.

Old 09-30-2016, 06:53 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,468,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Direct Message?
PM sent!

Old 09-30-2016, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post

Supposedly I can get the Sunday Ticket through my PS4, but I'm not sure how that works. I think I still have to be subscribed to DirecTV, because I live in an area where DTV is available. I think they should give people a choice of just subscribing to the Ticket and nothing else. If Playstation Vue had a D.C. or VA FOX station, then I would give the Vue a try. I'm not above paying for some sort of subscription based system so as long as it wasn't expensive and high quality.

Old 09-30-2016, 09:05 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,616,289 times
[quote=skinsguy37;45661407] I think they should give people a choice of just subscribing to the Ticket and nothing else. [quote]

I got to believe we will me seeing that option sooner rather than latter. Maybe within the next 5 years? Question is, how much will it cost? Surely quite a bit more than what you would currently pay for the Ticket as a DirecTV customer.

I'm thinking like $20 per game. Then maybe another option to stream all the games every Sunday starting at like $400 or $500 per season.

I want to try the one week free trial of Slingtv when the Bills play their Monday night game this year. See how well that works. If it works well enough I would considered subscribing. Only like $20 per month and you can cancel anytime.

Old 09-30-2016, 02:57 PM

[quote=Bill the Butcher;45662968][quote=skinsguy37;45661407] I think they should give people a choice of just subscribing to the Ticket and nothing else.
Quote:

I got to believe we will me seeing that option sooner rather than latter. Maybe within the next 5 years? Question is, how much will it cost? Surely quite a bit more than what you would currently pay for the Ticket as a DirecTV customer.

I'm thinking like $20 per game. Then maybe another option to stream all the games every Sunday starting at like $400 or $500 per season.

I want to try the one week free trial of Slingtv when the Bills play their Monday night game this year. See how well that works. If it works well enough I would considered subscribing. Only like $20 per month and you can cancel anytime.
I've had SlingTV before. They are very sketchy when it comes to being able to watch Monday Night football. Right before the Redskins/Cowboys game last year, they blacked out the channel and I couldn't get a thing on Sling. All the other channels worked. I had another friend who never got to watch a single MNF game on Sling because of this. So, I canceled my subscription.

I would be willing to pay per game, especially if for some reason I couldn't pick up the game on antenna. Usually in NC, they will show the Redskins games when the Panthers aren't playing. I think you can get around 4-6 Redskins games per year, but that's counting if the 'skins are playing Sunday nights or Monday nights.

Old 09-30-2016, 03:40 PM

17,579 posts, read 15,254,427 times
Quote:
I rarely hear the radio guys, why would I when I watch from home? Wife used to like us to watch on TV but listen to the radio. I hated it, thankfully with digital delay I had my ammo as the radio signal described the play before it started on TV.

But the few things I have heard from Cooley were annoying. Talk about a fan boy. Once I was forced to listen to Sam as I was at the beach and no Redskins game on TV (1 of 3 I have missed in 40 years). After the Saints tied the game in the last 2 minutes he actually said "watch out for the on sides kick". It was sad.
Sam is in bad shape. There's a lawsuit between his 'longtime companion' and daughter right now, I think. Search for him.. It's sad.

I remember Don and Mike playing a clip over and over where he was clueless about why everyone was laughing when he mentioned "Cutting the cheese".. Then Sonny basically screamed out "Cutting the cheese is FARTING, Sam!"

But, back in the day.. It was common, and WMAL, when they had the rights, actually even thanked the people who "Turned the TV down and turned the radio up".. Listen to the radio broadcast while watching the game on TV.

Quote:
Supposedly I can get the Sunday Ticket through my PS4, but I'm not sure how that works. I think I still have to be subscribed to DirecTV, because I live in an area where DTV is available. I think they should give people a choice of just subscribing to the Ticket and nothing else. If Playstation Vue had a D.C. or VA FOX station, then I would give the Vue a try. I'm not above paying for some sort of subscription based system so as long as it wasn't expensive and high quality.
I have the PS4 and looked that up.. you don't have to have DirecTV, but..

Quote:
NFLSUNDAYTICKET.TV service is only available to non-DIRECTV customers who live in select multi-dwelling unit buildings (apartments, condos, etc.) nationwide in the U.S. where DIRECTV service is not available, live in select areas within various metropolitan cities, live in a residence that has been verified as unable to receive DIRECTV satellite TV service due to obstructions blocking access to satellite signals, or are college students.

Old 10-03-2016, 04:47 AM

Well saw the game at a friend's house, we flipped back amd forth between football and the Ryder Cup. Seems to me they didn't deserve it, getting run over as predicted but bailed out with the turnovers.

Old 10-03-2016, 06:12 AM

5,822 posts, read 5,630,594 times
Quote:
Well saw the game at a friend's house, we flipped back amd forth between football and the Ryder Cup. Seems to me they didn't deserve it, getting run over as predicted but bailed out with the turnovers.
This has quite possibly been the worst run defense I have EVER seen....

However, our defense two weeks running has come up with timely turnovers in the clutch. If that continues to be a trend later into the season, we have a chance to be successful. That defense is brutal to watch, though...

And Cousins and that damn inconsistency. We gotta play better...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football