Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2016, 09:02 PM

17,606 posts, read 15,284,873 times

Advertisements

So.. is it me or can basically 14 of the Eagles points be somewhat hung on Vernon Davis? Don't get me wrong, probably 14 of the Skins' points are on him, too..

The 'taunting' penalty.. Which was pretty stupid to get called.. and the pick 6.. I almost hang more on him than Cousins. But.. Davis was a good sign.. He still has life left in him.

A decent game from Jones all told, but.. it was like he'd bust a 15 yard run, then get stuffed for no gain 3 plays in a row. He seems to stop running at times, which winds up being a yard or two loss, when if he'd just power through, he'd pick up a yard or two or at least make it back to the line. Nothing he did today particularly changes my opinion of him, but, I'm glad he finally had a good game.

Where did this defense come from? I mean, they pretty much shut Philly down. I was not expecting that.

Jackson or Garcon will be elsewhere this time next year.. At the start of the year, i'd have said it'd be Jackson.. But.. I think Crowder could take over Garcon's role, and Doctson, until he gets on the field, there's no way to know if he could take over for Jackson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2016, 09:29 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,116,640 times
Man oh man, the score doesn't represent how that game flowed at all. We flat out OBLITERATED the Eagles yesterday. Davis' bonehead 15 yarder and Kirk's bonehead INT are the only thing that kept that game from being a 20+ point blowout. 4 in a row against Philadelphia. **** Philly.

Still more INTs for Kirk. I really need him to settle down and be okay with just throwing it away or taking the sack. Almost all his INTs come when he forces it.

Detroit has "trap game" written all over it. I hope the guys stay focused.

It still hurts my heart that Dallas fans actually think they beat us. Kirk beat us in that game, what a bad INT in the endzone late. it should be US 5-1 in 1st

Old 10-17-2016, 11:06 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,475,339 times
Can't stand the fact that Dallas keeps looking better and better each and every week and the fact that they beat a quality team - a team that the Redskins haven't been able to beat in years. That's the only thing wrong with yesterday. As long as the Cowboys continue to win games, it push pressure on the Redskins to keep winning games. My hope is, if the Redskins win at least 10 games this year, but fail to win the division, I just hope the other second place teams in the conference are all horrible. You know the Packers will get in some how, so that would leave, I think, one more wild card spot. Makes it real important for the Redskins to beat teams like Detroit, Green Bay, and Arizona. Not to mention beating the teams within their own division.

That's why I don't really worry if the 'skins wound up dropping a game to Cincy, but they HAVE to beat NFC teams, because toward the end of the season, it's going to come down to head to head results. If you have Washington, Detroit, Green Bay, LA, Philly, and Arizona all with a 10-6 record somehow, then you start to look at head to head games and records within the conference. Waaay to early to talk playoffs so I won't discuss it anymore until closer to the end of the year, but it's something to keep in the back of your mind. The Detroit game is a very important game for the Redskins. All games are important, but this is another must wind, in my opinion, if the 'skins are to keep pace with the Cowboys and the playoff run in the second half of the season.

Speaking of the second half of the season, my how things are looking much different than they did before the season started. The Minnesota game was going to be a tough game either way, but it really looks like a tough game now. If Rodgers keeps stinking it up, that Packers game becomes even more winnable, as well as the Carolina and Arizona games. OK, I'm not looking ahead. Let's just focus on Detroit, but let's enjoy four in a row!

Old 10-17-2016, 12:35 PM

5,838 posts, read 5,644,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Can't stand the fact that Dallas keeps looking better and better each and every week and the fact that they beat a quality team - a team that the Redskins haven't been able to beat in years.
Also a team that Dallas hadn't beaten in years--since 2008!

The tide is turning. Let's take another minute to applaud McCloughan for the job he is doing in putting together a franchise that can win for a long time. This team is going to lose some key contributors but hey, you never keep them all. With the way he's drafted and managed the team, we have NO reason to doubt that he'll adapt to any needs this roster has and keep us in position to win...

I agree that Dallas is the best team and appears to continually get stronger. They look legit. There hasn't been a repeat division champ in the East since the Eagles won four straight from 2001-04, but the Redskins are gonna make a run at it. Our defense has played the run a little better and our pass rush finally appeared...

This team is on the way up. I don't think any of us believe this is "The Year", but holy cow, we haven't had a 4-2 start after a playoff year in ages....the whole East is restating it's claim as the NFL's ultimate division. Eagles, Cowboys, Redskins have the tools to be good for a very long time...

If playoffs started today, we'd be the 5 seed playing at Atlanta. We couldn't beat Atlanta right now, so work remains to be done, but I am excited in the direction these guys are going!

Old 10-17-2016, 01:06 PM

5,838 posts, read 5,644,248 times
I gotta pump my brakes, though. The last two times that we started 4-2 the year after a playoff season (2000, 2008), we finished 8-8 and shut out of the postseason. So this could very well be fools gold, but something tells me this team is different!

Old 10-18-2016, 06:55 AM

16,284 posts, read 10,427,990 times
Yeah that was a general ass kicking. Take away the 3 big plays and the Redskins dominated 90% of the remaining plays. This was a great example of a good OL and a bad OL and how that can effect a game. Their OL made our pedestrian DL look like the Steel Curtain. Nice to see Jones have a good game but that was the OL, not the RB. I am convinced that Kelly is the better option. It was also nice to see our DC finally lock up man to man. Also nice to see improved play by the safeties, I mean it couldn't have gotten any worse right?

Just really really happy. Because of their high number of A-hole fans the Eagles are the team I hate the most, by far. I believe that's 4 in a row right?

Good time.

Old 10-18-2016, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Yeah that was a general ass kicking. Take away the 3 big plays and the Redskins dominated 90% of the remaining plays. This was a great example of a good OL and a bad OL and how that can effect a game. Their OL made our pedestrian DL look like the Steel Curtain. Nice to see Jones have a good game but that was the OL, not the RB. I am convinced that Kelly is the better option. It was also nice to see our DC finally lock up man to man. Also nice to see improved play by the safeties, I mean it couldn't have gotten any worse right?

Just really really happy. Because of their high number of A-hole fans the Eagles are the team I hate the most, by far. I believe that's 4 in a row right?

Good time.
Just remember, the Redskins were playing the second ranked (overall) defense in the league. They were ranked much higher against the run than they are now (they're now 9th), and still ranked #1 against the pass. Gotta give a lot of credit to Matt Jones too. The OL is definitely playing much better, but Jones is playing much better as well. Once he's passed the LOS, it's all on the running back, and Jones took advantage as well as Kelly. Kelly is faster than Jones but not as big. Having both of those guys on first and second down, and Thompson on third down is a great combination. This is not a league anymore where you ride one running back. You need a back by committee, and rotating those dudes out keeps them fresh. Jones, by himself, got 135 yards rushing. That's not too shabby. And this is exactly what Kirk Cousins needs to take the pressure off himself.

Yep, four in a row! Gotta beat Detroit this week! So very important to stay ahead of the other NFC teams that are in second and third place. The Redskins might not catch the Cowboys for the division, but they can most certainly make the playoffs, but they need to beat these NFC teams.

Old 10-18-2016, 04:58 PM

17,606 posts, read 15,284,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Yep, four in a row! Gotta beat Detroit this week! So very important to stay ahead of the other NFC teams that are in second and third place. The Redskins might not catch the Cowboys for the division, but they can most certainly make the playoffs, but they need to beat these NFC teams.
Depends on whether Dallas puts Romo back in or not. I'm rather hoping they do at this point.

Past Detroit.. the schedule becomes quite tough for 5 games.

Cincy in London
Vikes and Packers at home
Cardinals and Cowboys on the road.

Then 4 winnable games.. Eagles, Bears, Panthers and Giants.

winning 2 of the 5 of that middle stretch will be critical. 2 wins most likely gets them a playoff spot. 3 wins certainly gets them one, 4 probably gets the division. they win all 5 of them.. Well, that isn't going to happen.

Old 10-18-2016, 05:25 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,082,984 times
Washington currently trail only Minnesota, Dallas, Seattle, Atlanta and Green Bay in likelihood of making the playoffs (49%)

if they beat Detroit Sunday, that pctg goes up to 57%, if they lose it sinks to 41%

Washington Redskins Most Important Games

Old 10-19-2016, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Washington currently trail only Minnesota, Dallas, Seattle, Atlanta and Green Bay in likelihood of making the playoffs (49%)

if they beat Detroit Sunday, that pctg goes up to 57%, if they lose it sinks to 41%

Washington Redskins Most Important Games
Right on! It's a very crucial game this Sunday. If best case scenario, the 'skins win this weekend and find a way to beat Cincy to go 6-2 by the break, then winning four out of the next eight games would likely get them into the playoffs if they beat the "right" teams. Those teams you mentioned are all division leading teams with the exception of Green Bay. The Redskins need to beat Detroit and Green Bay to really have a solid chance at securing a playoff spot. That's assume they beat teams that, right now, they should be able to beat (Giants, Chicago, Panthers.) The second Eagles game would probably be important as well. In the past few seasons, the 'skins have been able to split games with the other division teams. Having said that, even if they screwed up and lost to Cincy or Carolina, but stole a game from Dallas and was able to sweep Philly, they should still secure a spot.

Seems crazy to talk playoffs right now, but despite what appears to be a tough second half of the season, a win this Sunday against the Lions really puts the 'skins in a great position to get into the playoffs whether they win the division or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football