Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2010, 08:22 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times

Advertisements

On the Avant touchdown - did anyone ask Shanahan if Haynesworth had a cardiovascular problem?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2010, 01:49 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,790,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
On the Avant touchdown - did anyone ask Shanahan if Haynesworth had a cardiovascular problem?
When I heard that McNabb was benched initially because of poor play, I thought to myself "Ok". But instead of leaving it at that, leaving it alone, Shanahan goes one step further, and claims McNabb 'lacked the cardiovascular endurance to run a 2 minute drill'. Was it just me, or is there anyone else who uttered "WTF???" after hearing that? Then, they sign the man to an extension. This is what as known as being 'back asswards'.

Old 11-17-2010, 02:52 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,055,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
When I heard that McNabb was benched initially because of poor play, I thought to myself "Ok". But instead of leaving it at that, leaving it alone, Shanahan goes one step further, and claims McNabb 'lacked the cardiovascular endurance to run a 2 minute drill'. Was it just me, or is there anyone else who uttered "WTF???" after hearing that? Then, they sign the man to an extension. This is what as known as being 'back asswards'.
Exactly!!!! It's the poster child of what the Washington Redskins have been all about since 1999.... There have been MANY "WTF???" moments, no doubt!

Old 11-17-2010, 03:31 PM

4,320 posts, read 5,135,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Me too! I haven't felt this bad about being a Redskin fan since Sean Taylor was murdered (maybe a bit dramatic I admit).

Much more than the blow-out loss, the McNabb contract is devestating. Just after we realize (with real stats) that McNabb historically is a miserable clutch and 3rd down quarterback, we throw $40M guaranteed at him??!!!

This is worse than the Haynesworth contract, cuz at least a lineman can't hijack your team on the field. Now for 5 years we'll have to constantly ponder if it's McNabb or the OL, McNabb or the receivers, etal. Meanwhile the rest of the league will snap up all the hot young quarterbacks. [note, I don't believe competent quarterbacks are a rarity anymore]
I want to follow-up to this post cuz they've announced this contract has alot of "outs" and is far from $40M guaranteed. They say it's a smart contract. I just hope they know when to cut ties with McNabb... the history of the Skins in free agency, is of a team that can't tell meager talent from special talent.

Old 12-05-2010, 05:49 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,931,864 times
Great job by McNabb today.

Old 12-05-2010, 06:29 PM

Another "typical" year for the Redskins!! Being a Redskins fan is like being in the movie "Groundhog Day".....

Old 12-09-2010, 06:06 AM

Finally, Fat Albert Haynesworthless is gone!!! This situation is the poster child of what's wrong with the Danny Boy Snyder era Redskins..........

Old 12-09-2010, 07:58 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,135,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Finally, Fat Albert Haynesworthless is gone!!! This situation is the poster child of what's wrong with the Danny Boy Snyder era Redskins..........
Yeah but now we have an atmoshere of great disruption. I beleive big market teams can be highly effected by the climate of the local fan base and media. So it doesn't help that Shanahan is getting almost as much blame for Haynesworth as Haynesworth himself!

Haynesworth defenders (shockingly there are alot of them) want to blame and trash the whole team now. Gosh, in this information age, even a completely childlike and unprofessional zero like big Al wins hearts and minds... astonishing.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Yeah but now we have an atmoshere of great disruption. I beleive big market teams can be highly effected by the climate of the local fan base and media. So it doesn't help that Shanahan is getting almost as much blame for Haynesworth as Haynesworth himself!

Haynesworth defenders (shockingly there are alot of them) want to blame and trash the whole team now. Gosh, in this information age, even a completely childlike and unprofessional zero like big Al wins hearts and minds... astonishing.
Are you serious? That is crazy! I don't think that's the view nationally. What are the local guys saying? Ever listen to John Riggins radio show? I wonder what he's saying..... When I moved back to DC metro back in 06 for a brief period, I really enjoyed Riggo's radio show, he didn't pull any punches.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:56 AM

18,209 posts, read 25,843,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Are you serious? That is crazy! I don't think that's the view nationally. What are the local guys saying? Ever listen to John Riggins radio show? I wonder what he's saying..... When I moved back to DC metro back in 06 for a brief period, I really enjoyed Riggo's radio show, he didn't pull any punches.
Neither did Warren Sapp on Showtime's "Inside The NFL" last night. Sapp said that if it was him making the decision that Haynesworth would have been gone a few months ago. Commentators Chris Collingsworth, Phil Sims, and James Brown certainly weren't coming to Haynesworth's defense either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football