Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2014, 08:08 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times

Advertisements

Tanard you ****ing piece of ****. **** you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2014, 10:13 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,469,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Tanard you ****ing piece of ****. **** you.
LOL! Of course he'll appeal it, but I think this is it. Not sure what the substance was. I don't think it was PEDs.

Old 07-11-2014, 04:57 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
For what it's worth Chris Russell, who is annoying but covers the team, seemed to strongly imply it was not recreational drugs.

I feel like a total idiot for telling posters on another board for years not to forget about T Jax. A position of obvious need could have really been helped by this guy But alas he never did and never will play for our team so it's time to move on.

Somewhere Bacari Rambo is exhaling a huge sigh of relief.

Old 07-11-2014, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
For what it's worth Chris Russell, who is annoying but covers the team, seemed to strongly imply it was not recreational drugs.

I feel like a total idiot for telling posters on another board for years not to forget about T Jax. A position of obvious need could have really been helped by this guy But alas he never did and never will play for our team so it's time to move on.

Somewhere Bacari Rambo is exhaling a huge sigh of relief.
Someone else on another board was implying the same thing, but normally when a player is suspended for PEDs, there is another suspension just for PEDs. However, it could be that once you've been suspended a couple of times, one time being an indefinite suspension, then it doesn't matter if it is PEDs or recreational drugs. It could have easily been something like a prescription drug he has to take that he failed to report to the NFL. If this is the case, I have no sympathy - he should have known better.

Time to move on from him. Hey, Rambo is still young. I haven't given up on him completely. My hope is that Clark will act as a mentor to him this year.

Old 07-15-2014, 04:28 AM

I have a lot more faith in Philip Thomas than Rambo. Thomas was regarded much higher coming out and was considered a value pick in the 3rd. Rambo showed why he lasted until the 6th.

With Sean Taylor and LL who would have thought back then that we would go through years trying to fill positions that shouldn't be that hard to fill.

Old 07-15-2014, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I have a lot more faith in Philip Thomas than Rambo. Thomas was regarded much higher coming out and was considered a value pick in the 3rd. Rambo showed why he lasted until the 6th.

With Sean Taylor and LL who would have thought back then that we would go through years trying to fill positions that shouldn't be that hard to fill.
Sean made LaRon much better than what he was. That duo in the secondary would have been killer for years to come.

Hopefully the pass rush this year will help to cover up the obvious weak points in the secondary, and with that, the offense is still going to have to outscore what the defense allows. Just two weeks for training camp! Thank God! It will be nice to talk about actual football instead of the political crap.

Old 07-18-2014, 10:02 AM

Agreed. I'm in no hurry for summer to end but the silver lining is the best sport of them all starts.

Old 07-22-2014, 08:17 AM

Training Camp starts this week! YES!!!!! I've read so many varying opinions on the Redskins' season - can't say that I necessarily agree with any of them. I'm too much of a realist to think they can win the NFC East this year, but then again, they were not chosen to win the NFC East in 2012 either. I will be ecstatic if they wind up 8-8 this year. Here are my thoughts:

The offense should be improved. Griffin has so many weapons at his disposal, that I don't see how the offense can't be improved upon last year. Garcon, Jackson, Roberts, and Reed? My goodness! Then you mix in bubble guys like Santana Moss - who you know is going to be fighting for a spot on the roster. RGIII is healthy, but the biggest question mark is upon the offensive line. They will be tasked to protect RGIII and open holes for Morris with Power formations as opposed to stretch plays - although there will still be some stretch plays mixed in. Gruden wants a bigger offensive line. I just want Polumbus out of there!

I don't see how it can possible be that the special teams can be as bad or worse this year - last year's special teams has to be the worst special teams I have ever seen in all of my 35+ years of watching football! It won't take much effort to show even the minimal improvement, but special teams cost this team several games last year! I'm hoping a healthy Crawford could get back into his role as punt returner.

And then finally, the defense. The pass rush is supposed to be better this year, but once again, we're placing a big ol' question mark on the secondary. Ryan Clark will be best utilized coaching up the younger guys around him, but I'm not sure if I see him making a big difference on the field. Tracy Porter is a solid pick up, but I don't see him as a difference maker. DeAngleo Hall has improved by leaps and bounds the last couple of years. There was a time when I wanted him completely gone - but he's earned my respect. There's supposed to be big things coming from Phillip Thomas this year - if he lives up to them, I hope he can stay healthy! Jay Gruden has been singing the praises of David Amerson, and he did show us a glimpse, last year, of what he's capable of. But still, a lot of ifs. Like how will the void at linebacker be filled now that London Fletcher has retired? Supposedly, part of the reason for Haslett having issues improving the defense was that Mike Shanahan handcuffed him quite often. There was even talk that Shanahan would overrule Jim Haslett on defensive calls. Can't say that is true or not, but the fact is, Mike Shanahan is no longer there, so Haslett has full control over the defense. I think he has enough talent to have that defense improved, but I don't see the defense being a top 5 or even top 10. If they can be middle of the pack, and assuming the offense is clicking on all cylinders - the Redskins should be just fine!

Still, I'm going to be conservative and say the 'skins end at 8-8. The games they lose will be games they lose at the last minute. I think they split with the Giants, split with the Eagles, and sweep Dallas. I just have the feeling. Being 3-3 in their division will reflect and overall record of 8-8. If the Redskins are 4-2 and better in their division, they'll sneak into the playoffs, but 3-3 will at least show Gruden has put the Redskins on the road of improvement.

Old 07-23-2014, 05:32 AM

Agree with 90% of your post. The only disagreement is Tracy Porter, he is horrible.

Obviously it all hinges on Griff and his ability to stay health, read defenses, and feel and avoid pressure in the pocket. Of course our head coach is unproven and this is a sport so reliant on a good head coach. Not convinced they improved the OL enough, still scratching my head at the deal they gave Lauvao. But let's not forget last year they had Josh Morgan and something called Nick Williams getting playing time at WR. The improvement there is pretty obvious. As you said ST was the worst ever, a huge improvement will be expected there. To me 2 of the keys is the development of Philip Thomas and David Amerson for obvious reasons. Really like Baker on the DL, glad he was retained. I hope Spencer Long replaces Chris Chester sooner rather than later. I look for Moses to be the starting RT but not until next year.

Old 07-23-2014, 09:10 AM

Training camp starts tomorrow! I was hoping to get a chance to go to training camp this year to watch them in some scrimmages, but doesn't look like that is going to happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football