Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2017, 02:48 PM

5,922 posts, read 6,471,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Oh please get real....next game the Skins are a ten point underdog to Dallas, then they have Seattle. Minnesota and New Orleans.....I would be surprised if they won any of them. Two loses to the Eagles has put them firmly in third place, out of the playoffs.

2.5 underdog, but hey, I guess in your eyes, 2 points is no different from 10 eh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2017, 03:23 PM

17,593 posts, read 15,266,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Oh please get real....next game the Skins are a ten point underdog to Dallas, then they have Seattle. Minnesota and New Orleans.....I would be surprised if they won any of them. Two loses to the Eagles has put them firmly in third place, out of the playoffs.
Careful.. The NFC doesn't look good.

Does anyone expect the Rams to continue on the path they're on? Let's look at who they beat.. They beat the Cowboys who are.. Overrated in my mind, but.. That's still a quality win. Their other wins? 49ers, Cardinals, Colts and Jaguars

They've had a cushy schedule so far. It's going to get harder.

Arizona I don't think has a chance at playoffs without Palmer.

Green Bay is a long shot without Rodgers

My opinion.. You have Panthers/Saints (one wins the division, other wildcard), Cowboys and Redskins competing for those 2 WC spots. I take Seattle out, because I think they win the division and what I said above about the Rams.

Detroit and Atlanta.. Now, they could jump up.. But Atlanta, there's something wrong there.. And Detroit.. Is Detroit. Either of these two could turn it around, but 9-7 is about where I suspect they'll wind up.

NFC is going to be awash in tiebreakers this year, I believe.

Old 10-26-2017, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Careful.. The NFC doesn't look good.

Does anyone expect the Rams to continue on the path they're on? Let's look at who they beat.. They beat the Cowboys who are.. Overrated in my mind, but.. That's still a quality win. Their other wins? 49ers, Cardinals, Colts and Jaguars

They've had a cushy schedule so far. It's going to get harder.

Arizona I don't think has a chance at playoffs without Palmer.

Green Bay is a long shot without Rodgers

My opinion.. You have Panthers/Saints (one wins the division, other wildcard), Cowboys and Redskins competing for those 2 WC spots. I take Seattle out, because I think they win the division and what I said above about the Rams.

Detroit and Atlanta.. Now, they could jump up.. But Atlanta, there's something wrong there.. And Detroit.. Is Detroit. Either of these two could turn it around, but 9-7 is about where I suspect they'll wind up.

NFC is going to be awash in tiebreakers this year, I believe.
You do hope all division champions have a better record than 9-7 though, because that's what winds up knocking a second place team out of the playoffs with a 10-6 record or better.

Old 10-26-2017, 08:19 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
Any updates on our O-line?! We had 3 starting OL out in the 4th quarter last week

Old 10-26-2017, 09:23 AM

16,279 posts, read 10,418,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Any updates on our O-line?! We had 3 starting OL out in the 4th quarter last week
None appear too serious. Scherff was a grade 1 sprain and expected to play. Morgan had 2 bad ankles but also expected, Trent is hurt but is a freaking warrior and will play it out before offseason surgery.

Old 10-26-2017, 09:38 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
None appear too serious. Scherff was a grade 1 sprain and expected to play. Morgan had 2 bad ankles but also expected, Trent is hurt but is a freaking warrior and will play it out before offseason surgery.
Jesus. The Redskins are the walking dead right now. 4 starters out for the season. Another 5 starters not 100% but will play.

I think I mentioned this the other day, but ESPN said the Washington Redskins lead the NFL with more snaps missed by starters. NOBODY in the league has more injures than the Redskins.

Why do the football gods hate us?!

Old 10-26-2017, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post

That's good news. The 'skins can't afford to not have any of those guys on the offensive line. Hopefully Norman is back on Sunday, along with DeShazor Everett.

Old 10-30-2017, 07:49 AM

Such a weird game. Kind of like how the first meeting between the Redskins and the Cowboys went last year. How can this team possibly beat decent to great teams without their starters on the offensive line and without a healthy defense? Such a shame. This team is crumbling away, and it's not due to poor coaching or inept players. It's due to health. I guess you could say some of it is due to inept play of bench players, but some of these guys are third stringers. I'm beginning to wonder if the Redskins are going to have enough players left from the beginning roster to finish out the season?

And this might be coming from being down about getting beat by one of your most hated rivals, but I think this pretty much puts a nail in the coffin of the 'skins playoff chances this year. Which is one of my check marks of my expectations for the team. They still can finish with 8 or 9 wins, but what good is in the grand scheme of things? Just shows you're mediocre.

Old 10-30-2017, 09:18 AM

17,593 posts, read 15,266,523 times
15 rushes for 49 yards. IN THE RAIN.

285 total yards.. 217 of that from Crowder and Thompson

There's your problems.

The first one,the running game, was a problem before the injuries.

You know.. Anquan Bolden is wanting to come out of retirement.. At 37, I think he could be far more a deep threat than anyone on this team right now.

I'm officially on the don't resign Terrell Pryor side now and Doctson has 2 years left on his rookie contract.. At this point.. I wouldn't put any thought into resigning him.

Old 10-30-2017, 09:41 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,285,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
15 rushes for 49 yards. IN THE RAIN.

285 total yards.. 217 of that from Crowder and Thompson

There's your problems.

The first one,the running game, was a problem before the injuries.

You know.. Anquan Bolden is wanting to come out of retirement.. At 37, I think he could be far more a deep threat than anyone on this team right now.

I'm officially on the don't resign Terrell Pryor side now and Doctson has 2 years left on his rookie contract.. At this point.. I wouldn't put any thought into resigning him.

The Pryor fit hasn't worked out well thus far. Maybe he worked out well in Cleveland, because he was practically the only receiving option. You need a healthy running game to open up the field for your receivers. This Skins team remains up and down, but the entire league is up and down. Who truly thought the Bills, Eagles, and Rams would be as good as they are? Who would have thought the Saints would be this good? Who would have thought the Bucs, Broncos, and Raiders would have looked this bad? This has been a weird NFL season right out the gate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football