Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2017, 08:06 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,471,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Yeah I have no idea what is happening with Crowder. One good games and the rest have stunk. Defense actually came to play yesterday but the offense kept shooting themselves in the foot. But the 2nd half the defense was worn down and mailed it in, sad to see. But let's be honest, this team with a preseason roster is in no position to win a road divisional game, they came in with virtually no chance.

Despite the fumble the play of Kirk Cousins was the only thing that was positive. He was under constant pressure and created on broken plays, the thing some said he could not do. Without the drops and a tipped pass his numbers would have been even better, both pics were not his fault. Redskins fans wanting to start over with another QB are freaking morons.
Yep! Redskins fans on the fan boards are freakin' out. They want Crowder gone. They want Cousins gone. They want Gruden gone. This is what happens when you allow your most hated rival to look like a playoff contender against you. Cousins has been the brightest spot for the Redskins this year. If they don't sign him, something is completely wrong and moronic with the front office. You just can't expect to win when you turn the ball over as many times as the 'skins did last night, but you also can't expect to win with an ever mounting number of injuries. Yet another Redskins player carted off the field last night. Yet another offensive lineman.

Firing Gruden doesn't suddenly make everyone healthy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2017, 08:06 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
After fighting tooth and nail the last month, going down to the wire with the 9-2 Vikings and 8-3 Saints, I think the lack of starters on the field and injuries have finally caught up to us.

Proyor, Thompson, Kelley out for the season. Jordan Reed, a top 5 TE in the NFL, has missed 7 of the 12 games this season. None of our skilled position guys on offense last night scare anybody. We just don't have the bodies.

The middle of our defense is also banged up, and it showed.

Between the 15 guys on IR and the 7 inactives last night, that is 22 guys out for the Redskins. Is that a franchise record?! Going back to the Boston Braves in 1932, has this franchise ever had so many injuries?!

Season is over. Let's just limp through these last 4 games, get healthy, draft well, and prepare for 2018.

Old 12-01-2017, 09:12 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,730,190 times
The cashiers check from Dallas HQ to Crowder cleared this morning! lol

what a debacle....(an almost) TD pass bounced off hands for an INT, muffed punt, 2nd muffed punt...more drops....

He really hurt the offense bad.

Old 12-01-2017, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
The cashiers check from Dallas HQ to Crowder cleared this morning! lol

what a debacle....(an almost) TD pass bounced off hands for an INT, muffed punt, 2nd muffed punt...more drops....

He really hurt the offense bad.
It would do Crowder and Perine some good to have a coach or consultant to come in (during the offseason) and just work with these guys on ball handling.

Old 12-09-2017, 08:17 AM

16,279 posts, read 10,418,527 times
Season is over and our thread has moved to page 2 here. How sad, yet another lost year. Although for once I can't blame the organization, this was on the injuries.

Old 12-09-2017, 09:29 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Quote:
Season is over and our thread has moved to page 2 here. How sad, yet another lost year. Although for once I can't blame the organization, this was on the injuries.
went back and looked at what we were posting about on the Vikings board a year ago...

http://www.city-data.com/forum/46434498-post1732.html

Old 12-10-2017, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Yeah, but unfortunately (or fortunately, depending how you look at it), someone will get the blame and get fired. A lot of Redskins fans want Gruden fired. I think it's still dumb to fire Jay and doing so would pretty much put the nail in the coffin in retaining Kirk Cousins next year in my opinion. I DO hope if anyone gets fired, it's Bruce Allen.

Old 12-11-2017, 04:14 AM

16,279 posts, read 10,418,527 times
Bruce Allen is the only person who should be fired. Well him and some of his crappy players he acquired. We all knew they would lose yesterday, I honestly felt this was the game when the roof finally caved in. There were non-competitive in every phase of the game. Charger players were running free in the secondary all day, as if we had Matt Stevens in coverage. DL was terrible as we all knew it would be. 2nd round pick Ryan Anderson was my favorite pick in the draft other than the obvious in Allen. Now he can't even get on the field. Run game is a joke, it's a combination of poor blocking and a bad starter. Perine is a backup at best in this league, as is Rob. Special teams once again gave them nothing and were another detriment. Kirk was bad, may be the worst game of the year and some idiots will say "See, let him walk". Yeah OK.

This team has mailed it in.

Old 12-11-2017, 06:23 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
The team has definitely mailed it in. With 11 of our 22 starters now on season-ending IR, literally HALF the Redskins team is gone. There was no point in winning anymore games in the first place, because with half the team out, it's not like we're going to make some sort of miraculous run to the superbowl. And now that we've officially been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, every win only hurts the 2018 Washington Redskins. Sad, but true.

And I also agree with Dave that Bruce Allen should be fired the Monday after week 17.

Old 12-11-2017, 06:26 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,663,842 times
i think Gruden is gone.. i could be wrong but when you lose your team, which it appears he has.. your typically fired..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football