Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2013, 03:39 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,124,118 times

Advertisements

Agreed Yankee. Somebody made a joke on a Redskins forum, saying Dan Snyder needs to clean house from the General Manager down to the cheerleaders coach. apparently a season ticket holder who had good seats noticed that the cheerleaders had been messing up routines the entire game. kinda reflective of this team as a whole LOL

and i agree as well about the playcalling. Kyle Shanny is bi-polar with his scheme...i don't get that dude at all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2013, 09:44 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,487,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I really don't think it's so much the pass protection as it is the playcalling. I remember watching the Skins-Broncos game a couple of weeks ago and the Skins were pinned back on their own 20-yard line late in the 4th Quarter. They called some play with these deep routes that take forever and month to develop, and predictably, Griffin was sacked. In that situation, you have to know that the blitz is coming, and even the best O-Lines will give into pressure when a defense is that aggressive. I wouldn't blame that line in that instance, but rather the lousy play call.

There were some other suspect playcalls last night. If you guys called plays in the second half the way you did in the first half, you would have won.
You obviously didn't pay attention to Tyler Polumbus and Chris Chester letting Justin Tuck go un-evaded to the quarterback on many occasions Sunday night. Pass protection is a H-U-G-H problem with the offense. The second half playcalling is bad in my opinion, only because they seem to go away from Alfred Morris way too early, but pass protection is terrible.

Old 12-03-2013, 08:00 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,071,646 times
Kyle Shanny would not be an offensive coordinator anywhere if his daddy wasn't the head coach! Just saying...

Old 12-04-2013, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Kyle Shanny would not be an offensive coordinator anywhere if his daddy wasn't the head coach! Just saying...
ya know...its crazy with Shanny. he showed signs of being an absolute genius last year, and a few glimpses of it this year. But the few times we've actually had a lead lately, he takes his foot off the gas, and we blow it. Really, really disappointed in Kyle Shanny.

And for whatever reason, even if we're winning, he sometimes forgets we have Alfred Morris. Its funny being a Redskins fan, because after such a successful season last year, you'd think we'd be devestated. Nope. We are used to 20+ years of the suck, so its nothing new. I'm willing to chop up this entire year as a wash because Griffin wasn't healthy, our o-line is awful, our secondary blows, and London Fletcher is 47 years old.

I'm willing to allow Shanny and son to stay on, so long as Mike fires Haslett. If Mike Shanny refuses to fire Haslett, than Dan Snyder should ****can them all.

Hail.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:14 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,487,982 times
Quote:
You do realize Kyle was an offensive coordinator with the Texans before he came to Washington don't you?

Old 12-05-2013, 07:58 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,071,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
You do realize Kyle was an offensive coordinator with the Texans before he came to Washington don't you?
Yeah, I do. He was very average. Do you honestly think he's a good offensive coordinator? He doesn't suck as bad as Haslett but he's right up there...

Old 12-05-2013, 08:20 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,463,893 times
i don't blame anyone not wanting to play hard for rg3, when he throws teammates under the bus. especially considering his struggles

Old 12-05-2013, 08:21 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,463,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
And so does your receiving corps. And your secondary. And your special teams. And your play calling for that matter. Your whole entire defensive scheme is suspect. I thought the Skins were better in the 4-3.

The bright spots are Alfred Morris, Brian Orakpo and Kai Forbath (when healthy). Never underestimate the importance of a consistent kicker.
kerrigan is a stud too

Old 12-06-2013, 05:08 AM

16,334 posts, read 10,465,858 times
Quote:
Yeah, I do. He was very average. Do you honestly think he's a good offensive coordinator? He doesn't suck as bad as Haslett but he's right up there...
He made Matt Schaub, who will never be confused with Joe Montana, the QB of a top 10 offense several times. If you want to hate on Kyle for what is happening now be my guest. But let's not pretend that he has not been successful in the past, including last year.

Old 12-06-2013, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
kerrigan is a stud too
he sure is. and that's the problem with our defense. Jim Hasslet uses our players in the wrong ways, instead of playing to their strengths.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football