Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2011, 06:25 AM

1,895 posts, read 3,416,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome1 View Post
Prince is rated as the #2 corner in the draft behind Peterson, played at Nebraska, 2010 All American, 2010 Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year(Coaches).......could be our shut down corner of the future!

Robert Quinn defensive end for the North Carolina Tar Heels. All ACC selection, second team All American(CBS) He is considered one of the best defensive ends in his class. Had an outstanding 2009 season(52 tackles, 11 sacks), sat out the 2010 season due to NCAA violations(lying about accepting gifts)....A speed burn rushing DE/OLB who would make our D-Line one of the fastest yet, a great compliment to D-Ware....
thanks for the write up!

i haven't done much research on the draft yet, but i know my major needs would be the Secondary in general, defenitely could use a top tier corner to take the place of Newman, and/or rotate with Jenkins.

i think right behind the Secondary would be our Offensive Line. We need a top tier YOUNG left tackle that can defend Romo's blindside.

it would be a tough decision if you had Prince and a top tier LT to choose from at the #9 spot!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2011, 06:39 AM

3,135 posts, read 3,781,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerjitsu View Post
thanks for the write up!

i haven't done much research on the draft yet, but i know my major needs would be the Secondary in general, defenitely could use a top tier corner to take the place of Newman, and/or rotate with Jenkins.

i think right behind the Secondary would be our Offensive Line. We need a top tier YOUNG left tackle that can defend Romo's blindside.

it would be a tough decision if you had Prince and a top tier LT to choose from at the #9 spot!!

There are good LT's in the draft, just not any that leap out and say GREAT, COME AND GET ME... Nate Solder from Colorado is the top rated LT, but he is lacking upper body strength according to most analysts I've read. I personally want to get Marcus Cannon from TCU as our RT of the future. This guy is huge, 6-6, 350lbs. He played here locally and I got to see him up close many times over the past couple of years.

Old 03-08-2011, 01:51 PM

Hopefully we can trade two pieces of the puzzle to get more draft picks....Trade Martellus Bennett to Denver for their second round 36th overall(they are in need of a TE), and then trade Barber to New England for their fourth round, #124 overall. Make Choice our #1 and give Felix 15 carries a game. Possibly pick up Roy Helu from Nebraska to help out in the 5th. I'm thinking we can get Prince-CB, Carter-S, and Cannon-OG within the first three picks. If we pick up Huff in FA, then so much the better. Our secondary will be awesome!

Old 03-09-2011, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Hopefully we can trade two pieces of the puzzle to get more draft picks....Trade Martellus Bennett to Denver for their second round 36th overall(they are in need of a TE), and then trade Barber to New England for their fourth round, #124 overall. Make Choice our #1 and give Felix 15 carries a game. Possibly pick up Roy Helu from Nebraska to help out in the 5th. I'm thinking we can get Prince-CB, Carter-S, and Cannon-OG within the first three picks. If we pick up Huff in FA, then so much the better. Our secondary will be awesome!

i love the martellus bennett trade...i think the guy has raw talent, but he'll never be a "football player".

i'm also all about trading barber...i like Choice and Felix in the backfield.

Deon Sanders said the other day that he doesn't think Prince will be the "coverage" type CB that Dallas is needing...he also thinks this isn't a great year for drafting Secondary guys.

not sure how much credit that deserves, but it's also not the first time i've heard this isn't a stellar year for secondary guys...

Old 03-12-2011, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerjitsu View Post
i love the martellus bennett trade...i think the guy has raw talent, but he'll never be a "football player".

i'm also all about trading barber...i like Choice and Felix in the backfield.

Deon Sanders said the other day that he doesn't think Prince will be the "coverage" type CB that Dallas is needing...he also thinks this isn't a great year for drafting Secondary guys.

not sure how much credit that deserves, but it's also not the first time i've heard this isn't a stellar year for secondary guys...

I respect Deion, but who's to really know for sure until Prince and the others get on the field? Our defense needs new young hungry blood out there(and better players). The same can be said for our O-Line. I wouldn't cry either, if we got Tyron Smith OT-USC either with the 9th pick. Any help with our O-Line is welcomed!

Old 03-13-2011, 02:12 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,033,859 times
Quote:
I respect Deion, but who's to really know for sure until Prince and the others get on the field? Our defense needs new young hungry blood out there(and better players). The same can be said for our O-Line. I wouldn't cry either, if we got Tyron Smith OT-USC either with the 9th pick. Any help with our O-Line is welcomed!
I agree, they really need to improve the O-line.

Old 03-14-2011, 06:47 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,303,308 times
Quote:
New England does NOT need Marion Barbar.

I mean, why?

If they trade for him he's still under that fat contract. They've got decent backs now and they can ALWAYS draft a guy that is younger, faster and quicker than Marion Barber.

Basically he's got one more year to show he's still got some explosiveness left and if not cut him loose.

Old 03-14-2011, 09:12 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
What would you say we should get in the FIRST round?

Corner, Safety, or OL?

Old 03-15-2011, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
New England does NOT need Marion Barbar.

I mean, why?

If they trade for him he's still under that fat contract. They've got decent backs now and they can ALWAYS draft a guy that is younger, faster and quicker than Marion Barber.

Basically he's got one more year to show he's still got some explosiveness left and if not cut him loose.
i see your point with Barber, but my deal is...trimming fat. they guy has been on the decline for two years now. i would feel comfortable with Jones and Choice in the backfield, and still picking up a younger back to fill in when needed.

i think you trade him now, and get something...anything, rather than just cutting him lose for nothing. i think he's still got plenty of gas in the tank, just not in Dallas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
What would you say we should get in the FIRST round?

Corner, Safety, or OL?
i'm pretty torn there myself...my gut tells me we need OL line above all else.

Old 03-17-2011, 07:14 AM

oh my...this Lock-Out has really affected Jerry Jones. He's made some drastic cut backs in his lifestyle, and even had a "run-in" with Marion Barber of all people!!!

here's some audio of a recent radio interview where he explains in greater detail.

Fake Jerry Jones Talks Lockout
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football