Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2013, 07:01 PM

18,025 posts, read 27,475,785 times

Advertisements

Woah that was a heck of a game there. I don't think Romo lost this game as he scorched the Broncos' secondary all game long and they would not have been in that position to win without him.

It just seemed like a day the Broncos lose. But you gotta give credit to Peyton. He's having a heck of a season.

I was at work for most of this game so I have to watch this one over. From listening to Dave Logan on the radio, that Dallas defense brought a can of whoopass all game long.

Nice effort. You can still win this divison, so keep your heads up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2013, 07:02 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,035,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
What will Romo be remembered for? Being the only QB in Cowboys history to throw for 500+ yards in a game or throwing the game-losing pick with 2 minutes left?
Throwing the game-losing pick...lol. Most people won't remember the 500 plus yards. Romo obviously had an incredible game overall. He had lots of great passes, right on the money many times during the game. However, he threw an interception at the worst possible time. I've been very critical of Romo choking like this before but I feel kind of bad for him this time since he had such a great day overall.

I never thought the Cowboys would score that many points on the Broncos! It was amazing. If they played with that same drive and passion each week they'd probably win 3 to 5 more games each year.

Old 10-06-2013, 07:38 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,157,110 times
Hell of a game. Shame it ended like that.

Old 10-06-2013, 08:01 PM

1,480 posts, read 1,229,958 times
A lot of people will put this on Romo but our D is awful! If our offense plays like this the rest of the year we will be in playoffs for sure. GO COWBOYS!!

Old 10-06-2013, 08:39 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,076,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Woah that was a heck of a game there. I don't think Romo lost this game as he scorched the Broncos' secondary all game long and they would not have been in that position to win without him.

It just seemed like a day the Broncos lose. But you gotta give credit to Peyton. He's having a heck of a season.

I was at work for most of this game so I have to watch this one over. From listening to Dave Logan on the radio, that Dallas defense brought a can of whoopass all game long.

Nice effort. You can still win this divison, so keep your heads up.
It wasn't that bad, really.

We lost Ayers (though he came back) and Woodyard early. Champ and Von were still out. Chris Harris left in the second half. Those are a lot of impact players to lose against a high powered offense. We got burned on a really good pass where Tony Carter was mere millimeters from deflecting it with perfect coverage, and Rodgers-Cromartie gave up his first couple big plays of the year. It happens.

Defensively, they couldn't stop us.

And...well, yeah...Romo lost this one for them. Say what you want about his stats, but when the game was on the line he made a horrible decision that sealed their fate. Not to mention that it was 2nd down with a tied game and there was no reason to rush the throw. That's pretty much Romo's MO however.

Old 10-06-2013, 09:53 PM

18,025 posts, read 27,475,785 times
So here's where I disagree with the football expert up in here.

As far as the Bronco players who were injured, coulda shoulda woulda. The Cowboys laid the wood today. They came to play and the Broncos are lucky they got Peyton Manning.

I think Champ Bailey is great. I used to not be a fan. He earned my respect as the best cornerback in the league. It's been about 15 years now or so it seems. Champ got burned like toast in his last game and is probably the main reason the Broncos did not go to the Super Bowl this year. Moore's blunder sealed the deal. Von Miller is an idiot and I think the team will be worse when/if he comes back. I hope he chokes and gets benched. Better yet, I hope he goes to jail for being a habitual criminal... wait, that's sort of what he is now. Urkel is a locker room cancer, imo. The Broncos don't need him.

I like Chris Harris and Tony Carter. Tony went for the ball and got burned and it cost the Broncos a touchdown. Unless he picks up a pick-six somewhere, he almost cost the Broncos the game. I hope Chris Harris heals up and is ok. He will be Champ's replacement. All I'm saying about Champ is that he's lost a step. He could use a little bit of safety help. It may be you or someone else who rightly suggested that they drop Champ back to safety to cover over the top. Something else I love about Champ is his ability to tackle. I hope he returns soon and can still compete. He is getting old.

RDC didn't give up a couple of plays, he got beat. He got beat. He got beat. Credit Cowboys.

Defensively, nobody has stopped the Broncos yet. Maybe that other team down I-70 will have some luck. The Broncos have a dogfight on their hands.

I still say Romo did not lose the game for Dallas. I don't look at stats. I think they are stupid. The only stat I care about is the win-loss column. Do you remember the play where Dallas was at 3rd and 10, Romo gets pulled down by his jersey, steps out and completes a pass for a first down? That play led to a touchdown if I'm not mistaken. That throw of Romo's that was picked off, Danny Trevathan I believe, he cut the route and made an acrobatic leap to get that interception. I'd say it was more the Denver Broncos defense making the one and only play of an otherwise lousy day to make that interception, not a really bad throw by Romo... imo.

Yeah, you can say what you will about Romo's mo. If Romo plays like he did today, he wins 8 out of 10 games.

The Broncos are really good. They should thank their lucky stars that they won this game. This is one they should have lost.

Old 10-06-2013, 10:34 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,914,174 times
Default Week 5

This week's result: Cowboys lose to the Broncos: 51-48

2013 Regular Season Record: (2-3)

I knew the 'Boys would lose this one, but I wanted to be wrong... and we were sooooooo close to seeing that happen. Oh well. Conference rival comes next week, so ya just gotta focus on next Sunday, now.

Up next: vs. Washington

Old 10-06-2013, 10:41 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCviaMD View Post
A lot of people will put this on Romo but our D is awful! If our offense plays like this the rest of the year we will be in playoffs for sure. GO COWBOYS!!
Um... the Broncos do this to everybody.

Old 10-06-2013, 10:44 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,914,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Yeah... but our defense could play a little better, though.

Old 10-07-2013, 07:04 AM

20,516 posts, read 33,561,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Yeah but this defense still has major issues. Like that we are throwing it downfield more. Still want to run some more. Loved the heart they showed yesterday. Down 28-17 and 35-20 and the d gave up two touchdowns in the 2nd half. Great game to watch if you love football. It wasn't arena football either. Just two qbs that was outclassing the opponents defenses all night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football