Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2013, 04:46 PM

1,483 posts, read 3,308,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Do you blame him for the loss?
he did a great job keeping pace with the opponent but he threw the interception which led to the immediate loss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2013, 09:37 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,125,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Do you blame him for the loss?
No. I'm a Niner fan, but the Cowboys are not in that game without Romo. There are only a few QBs capable of doing what he did. He actually gave them a TD lead late in the 4th quarter. I blame the defense, who is missing their entire starting front 4.

Old 10-08-2013, 01:23 PM

320 posts, read 539,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbub22 View Post
Wow, i am shocked at the Romo support statements. Based on that, Cowboys need Favre.
I'm more shocked that Romo gets blamed for the Cowboys losing 51-48. Yes, Romo deserves some blame in the loss but let's be real...anytime you have to score more than 51 points to win a football game that isn't the quarterback's fault.

Also, I think people need to realize that Tony Romo is what he is. He can put up numbers with the best of them but he's not Drew Brees, Manning, Rogers or Brady...he is not capable of carrying a flawed team by himself. He's just not that type of QB. If he's putting up 48 points on a team, throwing for over 500 yds. and matching Peyton Manning throw for throw then what else do you want from the guy? He brought his "A" game to the field that day and needed some help to lead a flawed Cowboys team over probably the best team in the NFL and didn't get it. What Romo got instead were stupid penalties in goalline situations, open field fumbles and a defense that blew 2 separate double-digit leads; and people want to put the loss on Romo???

The reality is that Romo can only do so much and anyone expecting him to be Roger Staubach is going to be waiting a very long time. Romo isn't the type of player who has the ability to make up for the huge deficiencies this team has. He can't make up for a terrible defense that gives up an embarrassing 27 pts/gm. He's doing his part (72% comp.--13 TD vs. 2 INT--30.4 pts/gm). Name 5 QB's in the league who are doing better than that!

It's time for the rest of the team to pick their QB up and start winning some games. It's time for the d-backs to cover someone for a change, it's time for the d-line to put pressure on someone, it's time for Dez Bryant and Terrence Williams to hold on to the ball after they catch it. It's been obvious for years that Romo can't carry this team by himself. I know that he's certainly contributed to many of the losses the past few years, but he's playing far better individually than anyone else on this team. Other than Dez and Romo nobody on the Cowboys can say that they're stepping up and making plays on a consistent basis. Until the rest of the team starts stepping up I can't hold Romo accountable for coming up short. I find it difficult to hold one man accountable for a 2-3 record when he's personally responsible for 78% of the overall yardage and 87% of the touchdowns scored for the 2nd ranked offense in the NFL (btw, all of this with virtually no running game). In my opinion, he's not costing this team anything. If the other paid athletes on the team would step up to the plate I doubt this conversation would even be necessary.

Old 10-08-2013, 02:23 PM

1,483 posts, read 3,308,921 times
I agree with you, but the Cowboys will not win with Romo. Romo always has a situation to blame for his mistakes...eyelash fell in his eye, the defender screamed too loud, etc. If my statement is true then Romo is not a good quarterback. Good quarterbacks take a crappy situation and win!!!..not lose.

Let it be known that I am Niners fan so i actually hate the Cowboys, but I honestly feel sorry for Cowboy fans...my recommendation is to trade Romo!

Old 10-08-2013, 02:31 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,125,643 times
Quote:
I agree with you, but the Cowboys will not win with Romo. Romo always has a situation to blame for his mistakes...eyelash fell in his eye, the defender screamed too loud, etc. If my statement is true then Romo is not a good quarterback. Good quarterbacks take a crappy situation and win!!!..not lose.

Let it be known that I am Niners fan so i actually hate the Cowboys, but I honestly feel sorry for Cowboy fans...my recommendation is to trade Romo!

For who?? Josh Freeman?

It like would you rather have Dan Marino or Phil Simms?

Old 10-08-2013, 03:45 PM

18,025 posts, read 27,475,785 times
How about that play where Romo throws the ball to Williams right before the half? Williams could have gone out of bounds on that catch and left Dallas with 20 seconds instead of 7. What an awful decision for the receiver to stay in bounds there. Romo was scrambling around the pocket there and should have been sacked! But he wasn't. He made an awesome throw and gave his team a chance to cut the gap to 3 or 4 before halftime.

I'm also impressed at the lack of offensive holding all day long on those Romo scrambles.

But Romo's fault, the loss? JJ said it was Romo's best game as a pro. Like him or hate him, his opinion counts here just a smidge.

Bosco, I am seeing that despite the points, the Broncos defense hasn't looked too shabby so far in what I've seen of the first half.

Old 10-08-2013, 07:08 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,076,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Bosco, I am seeing that despite the points, the Broncos defense hasn't looked too shabby so far in what I've seen of the first half.
Defense was pretty solid until Ayers, Woodyard and Harris went out. I also just read that Omar Bolden went down in the 4th as well.

Old 10-09-2013, 08:16 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,665,751 times
Quote:

Romo is a great QB regardless, but he is Not Elite and he has his shortcomings but there are only10 QBs in the NFL today that are better... Some are still young and will get a lot better and i would trade Romo for that crop of young QBs in a second or one the Elite QBs like Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers but the rest of the 20 plus QBs in the league you can keep those and I will keep Romo.

That doesn't mean I think Romo will ever lead the Cowboys to the Super Bowl. I have serious doubts about that. He is simply not good enough to overcome the Cowboys other flaws.. that is what elite QBs do and Romo is simply not elite and i don't think he ever will be..

Old 10-09-2013, 09:06 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,410,771 times
Romo definitely is not the problem. If you can't win when your QB throws for over 500 yards and your offense scores 48 points - then it is very clear as to what the reasons were for losing the game. Not-So-Subtle-Hint: LACK OF DEFENSE! I don't care who is the opposing QB - Jesus Christ shouldn't be able to lay 51 points on you. If Denver would have lost, it would have been for the same reason - lack of defense.

Old 10-09-2013, 10:07 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,184,699 times
Tim MacMahon wrote a pretty informative article, and among the points made was this little tidbit:

Quote:
This won’t dull the pain of Romo’s back-breaking picks, but perhaps it’s worth
noting that proven clutch quarterbacks occasionally throw interceptions with the
game on the line.

In the final three minutes of one-score games, Romo has had seven of 272 attempts intercepted during his career. A sample of Super Bowl winners with much higher pick percentages in such situations since Romo became a starter in 2006: Eli Manning (15 of 220), Drew Brees (13 of 234), Ben Roethlisberger (13 of 249) and Joe Flacco (seven of 136).
Is there a trend to Romo's picks in clutch? - Dallas Cowboys Blog - ESPN Dallas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football