Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2017, 08:51 PM

4,667 posts, read 3,864,415 times

Advertisements

I come mostly in peace. Good luck to the Cowboys.
Cowboys are rested, & rested legs = fast legs. Fast legs win games. Unless the Cowboys flew somewhere & got on a boat during the time off like the Giants receivers. Then they may not be so rested.

Anyways, playoff game in the Big D! Pressure will be intense. Cowboys are the #1 seed & obviously the team to beat.
Go Green & Yellow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2017, 08:52 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,394,691 times
This is a rematch from week 6 and I think Green Bay is looking for revenge from their loss back in week 6 against the Cowboys.

Old 01-08-2017, 09:54 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
this is going to be an interesting game. as noted the packers are a better team now than when the cowboys played them last, since they have returned a number of their better defensive players, and have developed a rudimentary running game.

and of course rodgers is playing much better than last time as well.

but lest we forget that the cowboys are also a better team than they were last time. prescott and eliot both have more game experience under their belts, the defense is playing better since marenalli has opened up the defensive playbook.

in the end we can look forward to a good game next sunday.

Old 01-08-2017, 10:09 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,394,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
this is going to be an interesting game. as noted the packers are a better team now than when the cowboys played them last, since they have returned a number of their better defensive players, and have developed a rudimentary running game.

and of course rodgers is playing much better than last time as well.

but lest we forget that the cowboys are also a better team than they were last time. prescott and eliot both have more game experience under their belts, the defense is playing better since marenalli has opened up the defensive playbook.

in the end we can look forward to a good game next sunday.
The thing is the Packers have been playing better ever since they started getting key players back fron injury. I expect Rodgers to make better decisions than from week 6.

Old 01-08-2017, 11:04 PM

796 posts, read 505,447 times
How you guys think Jordy Nelson's injury gonna affect this game?

Seems like Rodgers did well after he left field. Hell, the Pack had many injuries last year's postseason against Skins and Cards....beat Skins and went into OT with Cards and Cards won cuz of Fitzgerald.

Old 01-08-2017, 11:20 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VABlkCONSERV View Post
How you guys think Jordy Nelson's injury gonna affect this game?

Seems like Rodgers did well after he left field. Hell, the Pack had many injuries last year's postseason against Skins and Cards....beat Skins and went into OT with Cards and Cards won cuz of Fitzgerald.
it will and it wont. it will because rodgers doestn have his favorite target, but it does force rodgers to pas teh ball around to other receivers which is going to make him less predictable.

Old 01-09-2017, 03:44 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,663,842 times
The thing that worries me more than anything is that the Cowboys haven't played a meaningful game since the Bucs almost a month ago couple that with the fact that they are a young, inexperienced team, at key positions and this is really a wild card.. They might dominate the Pack and they might get dominated... neither would surprise me much.

Old 01-09-2017, 04:42 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,663,842 times
I thought i heard Joe Buck say this would be the 9th meeting between the Packers and Cowboys in the playoffs.... i could only remember 7 previous games.. so i went back and double checked and sure enough... this will be the 8th meeting (not the 9th) between the Cowboys and Packers in the playoffs.. The Cowboys hold a slight 4-3 edge... this will be the first game played at the Death Star between the 2 in the playoffs..

This 8th meeting will pull the Packers into a tie with the RAMS (oddly) as the Cowboys most common Playoff opponent. The Cowboys have not met the RAMS in the playoffs since 1985 but in the 70s, the Cowboys played the Rams (and Vikings) nearly every year in the playoffs.

Old 01-09-2017, 07:44 AM

1,281 posts, read 776,743 times
Regardless of who won the Giants/Packers game the winner was coming with a threat

Giants defense was going to be a issue and the Packers have the better offense

So cowboys should not have much of an issue scoring

Old 01-09-2017, 07:50 AM

796 posts, read 505,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
it will and it wont. it will because rodgers doestn have his favorite target, but it does force rodgers to pas teh ball around to other receivers which is going to make him less predictable.
Yup I thought the same thing. Boys D gonna have to keep him in pocket and get to him often and get him rattled. I can see D. Irving, and Sean Lee having a good game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football