Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2016, 10:25 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,667,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
A fail if they don't make it to the SB. Pressure is ON
LOL, JP03... you know i don't agree but i do feel the pressure is on this team to do well.. They CAN'T be one and done.. that certainly would feel like a fail.. The better the play, the more they win, the more that is expected of them..

I like how they responded vs Detroit.. The Lions came out and punched in the mouth and took the lead but the Cowboys didn't blink and eye and kept doing what they do... of course, there was absolutely zero pressure in that game. Could they do the same thing in a playoff game.. ?? That's really the only question left for Dak to answer...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2016, 10:35 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times
Quote:
A fail if they don't make it to the SB. Pressure is ON
bullcrap. they have already succeeded beyond anyones expectations. remember they were not supposed to have gone this far this season. it was predicted that they should have been 10-6 at best, and just barely making the playoffs.

granted i will be disappointed if they dont make the super bowl, but in the grand scheme of things, they have done better than anyone thought they would, especially after romo went down in preseason.

Old 12-28-2016, 10:50 AM

Once it was announced that Romo would miss half the season and that Rookie QB (4th round pick) Prescott would be the starter, i suspect most were looking at another 4-12 season for the Cowboys.

JP03 likes to use the WORD Fail anytime he is talking Cowboys.. its just a habit of his.. but what he is really saying is seasons like this don't come around too often.. next season is no guarantee... Prescott might be a one hit wonder, similar to RGIII or Kaep.. so they need to seize this opportunity that is in front of them because it might be the only one (these players) ever get a shot at..

Plus, it gives JP03 a chance to use FAIL and Cowboys in the same sentence.. whats that old saying "Haters got to hate!"

Old 12-28-2016, 11:00 AM

1,276 posts, read 1,776,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Once it was announced that Romo would miss half the season and that Rookie QB (4th round pick) Prescott would be the starter, i suspect most were looking at another 4-12 season for the Cowboys.

JP03 likes to use the WORD Fail anytime he is talking Cowboys.. its just a habit of his.. but what he is really saying is seasons like this don't come around too often.. next season is no guarantee... Prescott might be a one hit wonder, similar to RGIII or Kaep.. so they need to seize this opportunity that is in front of them because it might be the only one (these players) ever get a shot at..

Plus, it gives JP03 a chance to use FAIL and Cowboys in the same sentence.. whats that old saying "Haters got to hate!"
It's been a fairytale season for sure. Almost too good to be true. When Romo went down, I was literally thinking we might be even worse that last year. The defense was even less on paper than last year. What a shock this season has been.

Old 12-28-2016, 11:47 AM

1,281 posts, read 777,260 times
I hope dak just hands the ball off on Sunday and pass as little as possible

Old 12-28-2016, 12:44 PM

sure, prescott could be a one hit wonder, however i doubt he will be. RGlll failed because he was a run first QB, and he took too many chances, and ended up injured all too often. as did a lot of other one hit wonders. the other thing a lot of one hit wonders had in common is that they made many rookie mistakes over and over again, to the point of not learning from those mistakes. prescott has made a lot of rookie mistakes as well, but he has learned from those mistakes, and he doesnt take unnecessary chances either.

what does this mean? while he doesnt have the touchdown pass production other QBs have, he also doesnt have the large number of interceptions either. i think prescott has a long and productive career ahead of him, and next season he will have kellen moore back as his back up, which mean sanchez can go away, and romo can stay with the cowboys as an emergency back up and QB coach.

Old 12-28-2016, 01:02 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,172,833 times
[quote=mco65;46641612]Once it was announced that Romo would miss half the season and that Rookie QB (4th round pick) Prescott would be the starter, i suspect most were looking at another 4-12 season for the Cowboys.

Plus, it gives JP03 a chance to use FAIL and Cowboys in the same sentence.. whats that old saying "Haters got to hate!"[/QUOTE

15 teams will fail in the NFC this year. One will succeed. Winning records being a success without an SB appearance only works for franchises with a history of losing. That doesn't mean the ride was not fun to watch.

Old 12-28-2016, 01:18 PM

jp, get a grip on reality here for a moment please? NO ROOKIE QB has ever led their team to a super bowl. will prescott be the first? i dont know, but history is against him.

Old 12-28-2016, 02:09 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,172,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
jp, get a grip on reality here for a moment please? NO ROOKIE QB has ever led their team to a super bowl. will prescott be the first? i dont know, but history is against him.
Actually Brady won it all his first year. He was basically a rookie. But regardless. Fail is a strong word anyway. Disappointment is the word l meant. How can any team in the playoffs now not be disappointed if they don't make the big dance? Especially a team that might be heavily favored both games. Whatev guys be its not really important. At the end of the day the teams that make the SB are the only 2 that matter.

Old 12-28-2016, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Actually Brady won it all his first year. He was basically a rookie. But regardless. Fail is a strong word anyway. Disappointment is the word l meant. How can any team in the playoffs now not be disappointed if they don't make the big dance? Especially a team that might be heavily favored both games. Whatev guys be its not really important. At the end of the day the teams that make the SB are the only 2 that matter.
It was Brady's second year.. but his first year as a starter.. which is probably what you meant because you said he was basically a rookie..

I think Prescott tied a Rookie record with 13 wins as a starting QB his rookie season.. tied with Big Ben.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football