Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2019, 02:21 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
While I am no ta Cowboys fan per se, I did tell my friend in all seriousness in March of 2016 that they needed to look at a serious backup to learn under then QB Tony Romo who was often injured, and being replaced by a QB who had absolutely no similarity in style or skill set, thus unable to run the type of offense for which Romo had prepared. I suggested that they look at a kid out of Mississippi named Dak Prescott, who was a little raw, but had size, durability, and above all else a strong arm.I pointed out that he reminded me of a mobile, stronger Romo, who could run option and gunsling with ease. I said that he should be available in the third round, and that he would need a couple of years to develop but if he worked with Romo, he would be an asset to the organization he would just need some time under and withRomo honing his skills.

to this day, I think my friend called Jerry Jones and told him to get the guy.
Not really but Hey I like to dream Fact is, I pointed this guy out to a Long time Die Hard Cowboy fan who was content to just sit back and accept what the owner did,as opposed to myself,being a life long Dolphins fan who has lately become very vocal about the poor state of the team, the poor ownership, inept series of general managers and daily saying how I would not run the team that way....etc...Kibitzing has become a way of life for many of us Finz fans.

Anyway, what I noticed over the last few years was a talented Cowboys roster but no advantage of the basic skills that Prescott has, almost like they were afraid to have him mess up,after all, he was not a first round pick. (which would be hilarious to see a Super bowl this year vs the evi lPatriots, a 4th round pick QB vs a 6th round pick QB)
And the play calling was predictable even I caught on. and I do not claim to know as much about football as at least half the people on here. (Although more than Ross and Grier know apparently)

I was blaming Garrett but perhaps it was not all his fault.

Anyway My son loves the Cowboys he already has the next piece of the puzzle picked out for you.
It is this kids named Tory Carter 6'1 249 Junior fullback out of LSU reminds me of the Moose-guy that used to play fullback for your Boys under Johnson.
Do not know if he will be going in in the 2021 draft, probably will, he has hands, he blocks well and he is hard to bring down. He excels at pass catching and power run after.

Of course there is a LOT of football to play between now and then but pardon us Finz fanz, we are always looking to the next draft.

carter would be a good fit with both elliot and pollard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2019, 06:57 AM

796 posts, read 505,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I watched some of the Cowboys game and they look good. Cobb being used to the best of his skill set was good to see. A good player, great teammate, hated to see him leave the Packers. Watching last game, seeing Cobb & AR, a camera man caught the emotion, they knew Cobb wouldn't be staying. I hope he has success in Dallas, stays healthy.
Yeah Cobb was a great signing. Great football player and football IQ. I can tell he a good teammate as well. He was great with Rodgers and hope he continue to be great with Dak.

Old 09-15-2019, 02:22 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,091,923 times
One more thing I like about Dak is that when he runs, he does not slide to end the play and avoid being hit. He makes someone tackle him, and he does not go down willingly. Most quarterbacks slide out instead. I saw Dak stiff-arm some guy on the Redskins today.
Tough player, just what is needed at that position.

Old 09-15-2019, 02:56 PM

Quote:
One more thing I like about Dak is that when he runs, he does not slide to end the play and avoid being hit. He makes someone tackle him, and he does not go down willingly. Most quarterbacks slide out instead. I saw Dak stiff-arm some guy on the Redskins today.
Tough player, just what is needed at that position.

yep, having dak in the backfield is like having two running backs, where one of them can read defenses and throw the ball. its good to see dak being dak these days. as i said good things happen when the cowboys do that. so far i like kellen moore as OC.

Old 09-15-2019, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
yep, having dak in the backfield is like having two running backs, where one of them can read defenses and throw the ball. its good to see dak being dak these days. as i said good things happen when the cowboys do that. so far i like kellen moore as OC.
I agree. Dak played well today and has been carrying this offense this year. He may be worth $32M (or whatever he wants) if he can keep this up. Love Moore as OC. Dak did have an INT but that wasn't really his fault....ball bounced off WR hand.

D did ok but would like to see better pass rush and for DBs to make plays on balls. This would help against teams with good to elite offenses. Need someone opposite of D Law to bring more pressure and haven't seen much from Jaylen Smith this year.

Old 09-15-2019, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VABlkCONSERV View Post
I agree. Dak played well today and has been carrying this offense this year. He may be worth $32M (or whatever he wants) if he can keep this up. Love Moore as OC. Dak did have an INT but that wasn't really his fault....ball bounced off WR hand.

Looked like whoever was playing Right Tackle got beat and someone off the left side of the Redskins line was getting to Dak, he rushed the throw a little more than he should have, it was not accurate, bounced off a hand into the defensive back. at least that is how it looked here at the sports bar.

NEXT week, YOUR BOYS play MY FINZ !

Old 09-15-2019, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Looked like whoever was playing Right Tackle got beat and someone off the left side of the Redskins line was getting to Dak, he rushed the throw a little more than he should have, it was not accurate, bounced off a hand into the defensive back. at least that is how it looked here at the sports bar.

you mean next week my boys BEAT your finz

Old 09-15-2019, 09:02 PM

Quote:

Yeah ur right...he was rushed and didn't make a good throw....but Dak still had a good game.

Are y'all tanking for Tua or something? Didn't see the highlights but that score...shutout at home when Miami usually play Pats very well at home.

With the way the dolphins going...we should see Cooper Rush the entire 4th quarter next Sunday.

Old 09-16-2019, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VABlkCONSERV View Post
Yeah ur right...he was rushed and didn't make a good throw....but Dak still had a good game.

Are y'all tanking for Tua or something? Didn't see the highlights but that score...shutout at home when Miami usually play Pats very well at home.

With the way the dolphins going...we should see Cooper Rush the entire 4th quarter next Sunday.
I've been writing my opinion over on the Dolphins thread. The team is rebuilding and that is all I can say on this thread

Maybe the 4th quarter, some of the boys should go over and play for the Finz.

So far, the new play's and new OC looked good. Keep in mind that I could not see the first game vs Giants I will see this Sundays game. I want Dak to succeed

You have your next real game against the Saints. We do not know Brees' status. That will deyermine if you face an elite offense or not.

Old 09-16-2019, 05:32 AM

3,695 posts, read 2,416,968 times
I watched a lot of the game.

I'm glad Dan S. lost.

I feel sorry for Skins fans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football