Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2019, 01:23 PM

796 posts, read 507,093 times

Advertisements

Sad to see that when Zeke was asked about the Jets record....he didn't know they were 0-4. They should know their opposition.

Don't have much hope this year. Entire NFC East as a whole aren't true contenders. I saw Eagles secondary got torched by Cousins but of course Dak gonna struggle hard to pass on them.

Eagles coach already said his team gonna win on Sunday night. Hope this fuels the team but it seems we got a lot of players who got paid (D Law, J Smith, Zeke, etc.) and not playing to their contracts,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2019, 03:02 PM

7,611 posts, read 6,120,613 times
Well I watched the game and to me it look like the visiting team showed up unprepared. Now I don't know what goes on at football practice during the week but I have watched enough of the NFL to know when someone has been slacking off for the week and not preparing for the game and that is what it looked like yesterday. Now I don't know if that's the case or not, but that's certainly how it appeared.

Old 10-20-2019, 09:53 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,959,094 times
Default Week 7

This week's result: Cowboys BEAT the Eagles: 37-10

2019 Regular Season Record: (4-3)
2019 Division Record: (3-0)

Next Week: BYE, @ NY Giants (Nov. 4)

Refreshing... soooo refreshing. Better chance to win the division when you beat everyone in it. Much needed BYE Week coming up. Rest up, Boys.

Old 10-21-2019, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
This week's result: Cowboys BEAT the Eagles: 37-10

2019 Regular Season Record: (4-3)
2019 Division Record: (3-0)

Next Week: BYE, @ NY Giants (Nov. 4)

Refreshing... soooo refreshing. Better chance to win the division when you beat everyone in it. Much needed BYE Week coming up. Rest up, Boys.
Agree, and refreshing to see them play a complete game of complementary football. 4 turnovers...wow!

Zeke showed us he still has that explosiveness. Dak has a very good game as well minus him getting greedy and throwing that ill-advised pick in the end zone. D Law had a big game too. Also refreshing to see a safety (Woods) get a pick. And even Maher made that long 60+ yd FG before halftime...I guess u can say he just a long distance guy because he missed 30 and 40+ yarders before. Nice catch and throw down the sideline from Coop and Dak.

Still not sold on this team yet but when they play like last night...they are contenders and the talent is there. This may gets Garrett of the hot seat some but I still think whether or not Boys lost last night, he ain't going anywhere.

Old 10-21-2019, 06:06 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,937,412 times
while i think the interception was an ill advised pass attempt, throwing into double coverage and all, my brother pointed out that austin did indeed have a step on the DBs covering him, just that the ball didnt quite go far enough for austin to be the one to catch the ball.

this team is in need of some intangeble to bring the whole team together, as they have the talent to win the super bowl this year imo.

Old 10-22-2019, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
while i think the interception was an ill advised pass attempt, throwing into double coverage and all, my brother pointed out that austin did indeed have a step on the DBs covering him, just that the ball didnt quite go far enough for austin to be the one to catch the ball.

this team is in need of some intangeble to bring the whole team together, as they have the talent to win the super bowl this year imo.
Austin is a short receiver at that...shouldn't have been attempted being that it was important to score there to put game away. But I do like the more aggressive mentality...just need to find sweet spot between game manager and gunslinger.

Seen some of the Pats/Jets game last night. Jets and Darnold looked awful. Can't believe Boys lost to them. Garrett is just too inconsistent.

Old 10-22-2019, 11:50 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,937,412 times
well to be fair the patriots played well, and the jets were out of sorts all game long. the jets were on their game against the cowboys, while the cowboys were out of sorts. it almist seemed like the cowboys were sleep walking the whole game.

Old 10-22-2019, 07:28 PM

3,270 posts, read 5,652,687 times
Here's my assessment of the 3 games prior to the Philly game and I'd like you Cowboy fans and those who watched Dallas the previous couple of years to tell me if you can see this. The 3 previous to Philly games the offense looked bland ... like when Linehan was calling the plays. No motion, misdirection, lots of running up the middle on 1st down. Few if any screens. Plain jane offense. It was wide open yesterday. Don't know if this was some kind of bait and switch because the Philly game was so important and they didn't give Philly much history to work on as far as tendencies with Kellen Moore or maybe Garrett was calling the plays (told Moore what he wanted to see) during the losing streak.

Different offense though on Sunday night.

Phiily is not a good team either or at least showed nothing that night. Cowboys were primed and ready to play though.

On another note Dak has outplayed Wentz thoroughly the last 2 seasons.

Old 10-27-2019, 08:20 AM

7,611 posts, read 6,120,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
Here's my assessment of the 3 games prior to the Philly game and I'd like you Cowboy fans and those who watched Dallas the previous couple of years to tell me if you can see this. The 3 previous to Philly games the offense looked bland ... like when Linehan was calling the plays. No motion, misdirection, lots of running up the middle on 1st down. Few if any screens. Plain jane offense. It was wide open yesterday. Don't know if this was some kind of bait and switch because the Philly game was so important and they didn't give Philly much history to work on as far as tendencies with Kellen Moore or maybe Garrett was calling the plays (told Moore what he wanted to see) during the losing streak.

Different offense though on Sunday night.

Phiily is not a good team either or at least showed nothing that night. Cowboys were primed and ready to play though.

On another note Dak has outplayed Wentz thoroughly the last 2 seasons.
Well, my son and my best friend in Texas are Cowboy fans. My friend was out of the country for 3 weeks...when he left they were 3-0 and when he returned they were 3-3 and he was none too happy about it. Since replays of games are readily available, he has been able to see what he misses. We all discussed what is happening, along with a few other local fans who are actually knowledgeable about football and like the people on this board, actually understand the workings of the game. Here is what we came up with.
1 INJURIES They had the team back against the Eagles. Sadly, there is a big drop in talent on the Offensive line when Smith and or Collins are absent. It would seem the Subs do not either have the talent or the preparation to fill in. Losing both bookends to injury is a disaster for the offense. When Smith COllins and Fred Beard play, things work. People forget sometimes the importance of the Offensive and defensive line and the need to control the line of scrimmage on every play. When the offensive line controls the play, then things work. Plain and simple. That is football. Hopefully the week off will allow everyone a chance to heel up.

2 Preparation. Most all of us have played the game at some level at some younger point in our lives. Preparing for the game means practicing skills, plays knowing the plays, executing the fundamentals and making adjustments when things do not work. This was absent in most of the Packers game and all of the Jets game. The team looked unprepared. Like they did not bother to prepare because they assumed they would win. Well, in the NFL that does not work nor has it ever worked. Some of us, myself included balme the coaches for that. I have long been critical of the decision to hire Garrett because he seems to have poor game management skills which leads me to believe that he may not be a leader in the locker room either. Many people have admitted that he is a yes man and a puppet for Jones, the only one who can get along with him, that may be an accomplishment in itself, but even with Moore not mixing plays, and Marinellis defense just looks unprepared at times, I place the blame not on the players but on the coaches for not having the team looking ready to play in those games. I want to point out too that Marinelli is a great coach, I respect him, but his system is beatable as people are figuring it out after a few seasons. And he is not the younger , try something else coach, he is an older, set in his ways coach.

3 We wish Dak would be left alone and allowed to just play. THis kind of goes to coaching, but with a solid Offensive line, Zeke becomes more of a concerns which allows Dak to take the gunslinger role in which he can excel and run a few option plays. And it does not take 35 yard passes to catch the defense off guard; one player out of position can allow a 5 yard pass to turn into 10. The idea is to keep the offense on the field early, wear the opposing defense down and keep your defense rested so that they can get a 3 and out . This has to be central to any successful gameplan. By wearing down the opponents defense, by the third and fourth quarters. the offense is ready for the 35 yard plays against less resistance. Power wins games, always has. The line must be controlled

4 Defense concerns As I mentioned, the defense is starting to become a little more predictable and this is the flaw in Marinellis system. Same story when he coached in Tampa. VanderEsch injury exposed what you said about depth at Linebacker. We are also very disappointed with the fact that the team shelled out more money to the defensive end than he can possibly be worth. I have no qualms about people getting paid, but OVERPAID is another issue. That looks more like what happened here. Depth must be addressed in the draft, but sadly, we have not seen enough late round picks from the Jones camp to really contribute in the long run

Speaking of draft, being a FINZ FAN and overly critical of what teams do, I look ahead to the draft. The Offense for the Cowboys could benefit from Tory Carter out of LSU He could be bought in the second round. I would take Offensive line first round, Linebacker 3rd round THose are the areas that suffer the most when someone gets hurt and most important. I would go after Vic Beasley in the draft, he has the speed to go up the middle for sacks as well as run stopping and he will be 28 so he may have 2 seasons left

BUT These are just my thoughts and the input of a few fans who seem to know the game. I do not do the Hiring and Firing.

Old 10-31-2019, 09:38 AM

3,270 posts, read 5,652,687 times
Thanks LKC. Informative write up with good insight. I didn't know the Tory Carter kid but he definitely seems a bruiser. Moose Johnston + ...... ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football