Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2019, 03:49 PM

2,637 posts, read 4,069,430 times

Advertisements

This was a close game. I wouldn’t call this a terrible loss. If that catch in the end zone wasn’t out of bounds it could’ve been a different game... .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2019, 06:10 PM

796 posts, read 507,615 times
Cowboys just can't beat winning teams. Gonna be one and done if they make playoffs.

Old 11-25-2019, 07:08 PM

9,815 posts, read 7,546,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtornado View Post
Still the worst team in the NFC to make the playoffs will be the Cowboys..
False. Whoever wins the division will be the worst team in the playoffs and a heavy 6 or 7 point underdog to the 2nd place West team in the Wildcard game. Whether that's the Cowboys or the Eagles remains to be seen. Neither has a prayer of getting out of the Wildcard round though....maybe if San Fran stumbles in December and falls to second. Can't see either the Eagles or Cowboys beating the Seahawks though.

Old 11-25-2019, 08:27 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,971,112 times

Old 11-29-2019, 03:59 AM

7,617 posts, read 6,129,143 times
Default I got a phone call last night

So I got a phone call last night about an hour after the Cowboys game ended. It was my friend in Texas, the lifelong die-hard Cowboy fan calling to wish me a happy Thanksgiving. We've been friends since we were kids. Sending Thanksgiving greetings with the most positive thing about the phone call. He was none too happy about the outcome of the game and none too happy is an understatement.

He had a lot of observations. So did I turn the game up towards the end. My son woke me up at 4 to watch the game with him I was in a tryptophan coma sleeping soundly. Big Time Cowboy fan I would have been real disappointed to be woken up for that. The best laugh came when Jason Garrett was looking up at that screen with his mouth open trying to figure out what happens when the Buffaloes quarterback that fumbled the ball and picked it up and ran. My son said "look at that he has no idea what's going on " pictures followed by if you really doesn't know what he's doing.
Yes he'll get a lot of fans wanting him fired and he'll get a lot of the blame for the loss and the fact that they haven't been prepared for any game. But let's face it the team made a lot of mistakes and errors. It was the players messing up that blew some good opportunities.

Although my friend seems to feel that Jones has made as much contribution as anybody to the demise of the team.

Old 11-29-2019, 05:06 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,104,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
This was a close game. I wouldn’t call this a terrible loss. If that catch in the end zone wasn’t out of bounds it could’ve been a different game... .
Glad you have your loyalty hat on: it was a bad game, never really seemed all that close and we were with all Cowboy fans. All think it is time for a new coach. More than anything, think of how they started the seson and how they are doing now. Bad, bad, bad.

Old 11-29-2019, 09:50 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,959,103 times
jones has said he isnt changing head coaches during the season. that tells me that garrett is likely gone at the end of the season, and jones is interviewing replacements as we speak. he owuld be a bad businessman if he wasnt.

the question is, who does he get? two names that have been floated are urban meyer and josh mcdaniels. however mcdaniels has shown time and time again that he isnt interested in leaving boston, and both would be difficult for jones to control.

another thing that has been floated is jason witten replacing kellen moore as OC, with moore getting a bump somewhere.

Old 11-29-2019, 03:57 PM

3,483 posts, read 6,286,684 times
Does Jerry Jones pay the network to be seen on tv every other play.

Old 12-01-2019, 06:34 AM

7,617 posts, read 6,129,143 times

The could, in a best case scenario, finish 10-6 but likely 9-7 They have to win the division outright to make the playoffs. The Seahawks (or 49ers) or Vikings will take them out the first game.

That being said, my son had a few good observations.
1 They should not have payed ZEKE all that money. They should have said "Look, you get us some playoff wins or get us to the Super Bowl and we will talk big bucks" THEN they could have payed him. between him and The Defensive End Lawrence, that is a lot of money just to two guys. They need to pay 51 more to keep the talent in place.
Had Zeke not agreed, there are a plethora of talented RBs in the NCAA now that could run rampant behind a solid line.

2 The offensive line is not quite as good as in years past. That has been said here before by other posters. The problem I see is in the depth. They need to pick up some help in the draft as well because injuries have exposed the lack of depth. I would take help there first off.

3 Dak remains one of the toughest and strongest QBs in the game. Behind a more consistent (ie less injured) line he would look better. I would use the third or fourth round draft pick and get the fastest receiver available.

4I would like to see a run stopper put into the defense either at LB or DT Due to injuries, again,the areas are not showing depth.

5 They need a true coach, one who will instill a next man up mentality, one who will work the team to NOT make mistakes and miss easy plays. But this has been mentioned before, and with the current owner, they may never see the Big Game again.

Old 12-01-2019, 09:02 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,644,172 times
Jaelyn Smith just stood there and watched Allen convert that fourth down fumble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football