Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2020, 10:26 AM

796 posts, read 505,868 times

Advertisements

Watching Mahomes and Russell Wilson last night made me wish we had more talent at the QB position. Dak is just limited and can't consistently make the throws those two can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2020, 10:33 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,872,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VABlkCONSERV View Post
Watching Mahomes and Russell Wilson last night made me wish we had more talent at the QB position. Dak is just limited and can't consistently make the throws those two can.

dak is limited only by the offensive scheme that has been used over the years by the cowboys. i keep saying that dallas needs to open up the offense to get to daks true potential, and mccarthy will do that.

Old 01-13-2020, 02:51 PM

3,266 posts, read 5,639,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VABlkCONSERV View Post
Have to agree with this and I really like Dak. But, he just doesn't have the arm talent of these two ... especially Mahomes .

He could offset it though with a few timely runs which he just shut the door on this year.

Old 02-08-2020, 10:49 AM

7,598 posts, read 6,095,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
Have to agree with this and I really like Dak. But, he just doesn't have the arm talent of these two ... especially Mahomes .

He could offset it though with a few timely runs which he just shut the door on this year.
According to the Ft Worth Star Telegram, DAK wants more money than anyone else (or at leat to be tied with the highest paid)

https://sports.yahoo.com/cowboys-wer...154244231.html

Is Dak worth it? or as my son said, "Is he Dak good?"

Hard to say. He has potential. The right scheme, the right style, perhaps. I do not doubt his arm strength at all after watching him is last year's Pro Bowl. He has the arm strength. Accuracy, maybe not as good as Mahomes, but part of the problem this year was Amari Cooper Dropping balls that he should have caught. Oh and he(Cooper) did that is the Pro Bowl this year and last year too. Get another receiver with the number 2 pick, and let him have someone with sticky hands on the outside.
I have a vested interest in seeing him succeed, because I said that the Cowboys should take him in March,
a month or 6 weeks before the draft. I had seen him in College (we get plastered with SEC games here on Florida TV) and I saw that he would be a better talent behind Romo than a stand up and look passer like they had. I thought after a year or two learning from Romo he could step in and lead the team. Problem was, he got a quarter or two behind Romo (in preseason) and THEN had to step in and lead the team.
Got to admire his nerves.

Big part of the season's failing was Garrett, and as such, Jones as well.

But to pay him 35 Million like Russell (who has played in the Super Bowl) or $34 like Big Ben, or heaven forbid, 2.1 Billion like Matt Stafford, I don't know about that.

Old 02-10-2020, 08:59 AM

796 posts, read 505,868 times
Dak need to fire his agent. This is too much and he asking for too much for a QB who failed to win a do or die game against Eagles who played with 3rd and 4th rounders. Maybe best Cowboys just draft a QB and sign Brady or some vet. If I was him with his talent level, I would've ran to the bank if being offered $33M a yr. Hell I would've ran to the bank on that $30M a yr offer.

Last edited by VABlkCONSERV; 02-10-2020 at 09:55 AM..

Old 02-10-2020, 10:23 PM

rumor has it the cowboys are shopping prescott around, probably to see what he is worth. at that point mccarthy can then pick from the draft for a quaterback. maybe they coud trade prescott for their first round pick? not likely but who knows.

Old 03-01-2020, 11:34 AM

interesting plan B for the cowboys dealing with prescott and cooper, though i doubt that it will ever happen;

https://www.bing.com/search?form=MOZ...&q=dak+rescott

Old 03-19-2020, 09:17 AM

7,598 posts, read 6,095,751 times
Watching the early opening days of free agency. And resignings of Dak, Amari, for $ Losing a few starters to free agency and a few gaps to address..........I have a few ideas, but will wait in see what Jerry does first.

Old 03-22-2020, 02:42 PM

255 posts, read 69,584 times
Well given the rather dramatic manner in which numerous offenses throughout the NFL have been modified to emulate what the Chiefs, Seahawks, Titans, Cardinals and other teams are doing, we really don't know how much creative freedom McCarthy will have without Jones meddling like mad and refusing to step away and let his new HC do his thing.

Methinks that fortifying your defense should be priority #1 IMHO.

Old 03-23-2020, 04:59 PM

255 posts, read 69,584 times
More bad news for the Cowboys; their standout center Travis Frederick just announced his retirement at the age of 29.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football