Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2020, 03:06 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,906,989 times

Advertisements

the cowboys just had nothing going for them. they made far too many mistakes for a few bad calls by the refs to have any real impact on the game. reality- the cowboys looked like they were playing at the high school level. lets hope they can get their collective sh together and start playing like they are capable.

the funny thing is that the cowboys STILL lead the nfc east standings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2020, 05:24 AM

7,603 posts, read 6,108,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
the cowboys just had nothing going for them. they made far too many mistakes for a few bad calls by the refs to have any real impact on the game. reality- the cowboys looked like they were playing at the high school level. lets hope they can get their collective sh together and start playing like they are capable.

the funny thing is that the cowboys STILL lead the nfc east standings.
I noticed that. Last week against the New york Football Giants, they played more like a college team. Both teams did in fact. Last night, they digressed to a high school level. Andy Dalton needs time in the pocket and the Line cannot provide it for him. He is not the same QB as Dak, and the offense was written more with Dak in mind. Now the Offense needs to be revamped. The Pesky red Birds showed that all you have to do is rush 5 and the play falls apart. Of and as for Zeke, it is a shame STICK-UM was outlawed. He needs all the help he can get right now. But again, without Dak, there is one less RB lining up, so the defense can spy the RB and the Pesky red Birds were knocking the ball loose last night when they had the chance.

Most high school coaches teach the players to focus on tackling, not on stripping or knocking the ball loose. In last night's game, the defense did the opposite, and caught Zeke off guard on the one fumble.

THe next game up is against the team formerly known as the Washington redskins, or, as we called it as kids, Cowboys and Indians....but you can't say that anymore lest someone be offended. During last night's game, my son, the Cowboy fan, was reminded of the SARCASTABALL episode of South Park, suggesting that some elements of last night's game would have been improved if they played Sarcastaball instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD4JaE1K39k

Old 10-20-2020, 08:30 AM

796 posts, read 506,641 times
Complete shyt show from Cowboys last night. D did start off well but offense put them in bad positions again with bad field position and the 2 Elliott fumbles. Is he washed up is the question that's coming to mind.

Dalton is a back up for a reason now and he needs more time in pocket. O-line can't give him that right now. I wanna see more games with Dalton but some fans wonder if DiNucci will show up later this year to see what he has.

Old 10-20-2020, 08:31 AM

20,525 posts, read 33,608,066 times
So who can Jerry blame now? Garrett isn’t here. I guess covid is something he can blame. He’s an incompetent joke who will never win another championship if he continues to delude himself on thinking he knows more than anyone else and stops acting like this team is his personal toy. Jerry is the problem and has been the problem since 1996.

Old 10-20-2020, 06:46 PM

7,603 posts, read 6,108,062 times
A 7-9 record can win that division. The Pokes have 5 division games left, and also play the Bengals and the VIkings. THose games are winnable, even for the Cowboys. The remaining games, the Ravens, the Super bowl rematch against the Steelers and a later season game against a well coached 49ers team can be written off at this time. That could be a 9-7 record ! it could happen.

Old 10-21-2020, 02:17 PM

5,167 posts, read 3,668,757 times
They can still win the division. They could possibly sweep all of their division opponents and that would get them to seven wins. No one else in the division is going to win that many games...

Old 10-22-2020, 11:21 PM

i agree that dallas needs to change their offense, but a total revamping? not needed. if elliot can get over the butterfingers, and the line can give dalton time, or dalton starts throwing quick passes, usually slant patterns or square outs to the side lines, dallas can get the offense moving. is kellen moore up to the task? we shall see.

the defense needs to get their collective stuff together, and start playing like they are capable of playing.

the washington game will tell us whether or not the cowboys are going to step up.

Old 10-23-2020, 06:36 PM

3,268 posts, read 5,645,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
So who can Jerry blame now? Garrett isn’t here. I guess covid is something he can blame. He’s an incompetent joke who will never win another championship if he continues to delude himself on thinking he knows more than anyone else and stops acting like this team is his personal toy. Jerry is the problem and has been the problem since 1996.
To Jerry's credit he never points blame. He was very gracious toward JG when he fired him, and Garrett deserved to be fired !

I don't blame Jerrah for doing things his way. It's his $5B toy and if it was mine I'd probably do the same. Now, I'm not taking up for him but rather explaining. I realize he is the only constant in the 24+ years of futility. The problem is his pride will never let him admit it.

One other thing, I can see that there is a pulling back of the meddling that Jerrah is infamous for. No more Terrell Owens forced on an unwilling coach (Parcells). Also if Jerrah was still forcing his will we'd have drafted Johnny Manziel.

The problems of this team starts with McCarthy and some of the coaches he handpicked. McCarthy had his way on staff and draft. Schemes are his. This defense is his guy's too complicated 20 year old scheme (Nolan's). the team is never prepared, always stars slow, loses through dumb undisciplined mistakes. Of course there are 2nd and 3rd stringers manning the OL but hell. Philthy won a SB with a patchwork OL. Coaching better step up or we're in a race for the top 5 in the draft.

Old 10-23-2020, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
The problems of this team starts with McCarthy and some of the coaches he handpicked. McCarthy had his way on staff and draft. Schemes are his. This defense is his guy's too complicated 20 year old scheme (Nolan's). the team is never prepared, always stars slow, loses through dumb undisciplined mistakes. Of course there are 2nd and 3rd stringers manning the OL but hell. Philthy won a SB with a patchwork OL. Coaching better step up or we're in a race for the top 5 in the draft.

i am not going to start blaming the coaches right now. these are new hires thrown into a tough situation, IE no time for practice, no preseason to deal with the changes and getting the team in shape to play, and get on the same page, add in the injuries, and it makes for a lost season.

by next season however, things need to be turning around and moving forward under the new schemes. like the raiders did after they rehired gruden as head coach. they started moving forward after a disastrous first season.

Old 10-25-2020, 02:30 PM

796 posts, read 506,641 times
Another clown show performance. To lose like this to Washington....time for a rebuild.

That injury shows how valuable Dak is, even tho I along with many others criticized him some. We may have to pay him but I want that "war daddy" on defense. No matter who is under center, even if we get Lawrence or Fields, my boys ain't winning shyt with this horrible D.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football