Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2021, 09:57 AM

7,602 posts, read 6,107,000 times

Advertisements

I just got back from DFW SO I was able to watch the Cowboys game vs the Pesky Red Birds with my parents. My mom is slowly losing her battle against caner, but the weekend gave us an opportunity to talk and prepare for the inevitable by being able to discover unconditional love and forgiveness, to have a few days of loving, peaceful time together.

I would not however, say as much about your boys. I liked the way Collins played, and he looked good on his repaired hip. Gilbert will be a disaster at backup if Dak were to go down. And we have not seen yet if Dak's sore shoulder is compensation for some deficiency in foot strength, or just lack of conditioning.
Williams at center was reason they may need to coax Looney Joe out of retirement, if Tyler Badarse ends up not playing to his potential, which I doubt.

And then, the injuries. why do the Boys suffer so many injuries? That one that would be most concerning was to DT Gllimore, because the Cowboys ill need to rely on depth/"Next man up" on defensive line to keep players from wearing out. If the Line wears down, then the opposing team will pass at will, with no pass rush, and exploit the vulnerable backfield.

So, BobTex, I did bring back a jar of HELL ON THE RED Hot Sauce and if there is any left by opening night, Sept 9, I will feast on it while watching your boys. And NO we are not going, the cheapest decent seats start at $1000 and while tailgating in Tampa is second only to Green Bay, I cannot (and WILL NOT) pay that much to see your boys play the local team that is not even on the top ten of my favorite list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2021, 09:22 AM

3,267 posts, read 5,645,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
I just got back from DFW SO I was able to watch the Cowboys game vs the Pesky Red Birds with my parents. My mom is slowly losing her battle against caner, but the weekend gave us an opportunity to talk and prepare for the inevitable by being able to discover unconditional love and forgiveness, to have a few days of loving, peaceful time together.

I would not however, say as much about your boys. I liked the way Collins played, and he looked good on his repaired hip. Gilbert will be a disaster at backup if Dak were to go down. And we have not seen yet if Dak's sore shoulder is compensation for some deficiency in foot strength, or just lack of conditioning.
Williams at center was reason they may need to coax Looney Joe out of retirement, if Tyler Badarse ends up not playing to his potential, which I doubt.

And then, the injuries. why do the Boys suffer so many injuries? That one that would be most concerning was to DT Gllimore, because the Cowboys ill need to rely on depth/"Next man up" on defensive line to keep players from wearing out. If the Line wears down, then the opposing team will pass at will, with no pass rush, and exploit the vulnerable backfield.

So, BobTex, I did bring back a jar of HELL ON THE RED Hot Sauce and if there is any left by opening night, Sept 9, I will feast on it while watching your boys. And NO we are not going, the cheapest decent seats start at $1000 and while tailgating in Tampa is second only to Green Bay, I cannot (and WILL NOT) pay that much to see your boys play the local team that is not even on the top ten of my favorite list.

LKC, Prayers for your mom, your family, and you. I hate to read this! It is sad and I know painful.

I can't speak to the injuries. Last year was horrible fo sho. Gallimore just hyperextended and dislocated the elbow. He was looking good.

I'm starting to get worried about Dak's shoulder and definitely don't trust the info coming out of Cowboy camp. And yes Gilbert pretty much sux as does the #3, DiNucci. But that is pretty true of all the #2's and #3's thoughout the league or they'd be starting somewhere. Definitely need a stronger #2 QB.

And while the DL has the Gallimore injury ( 2nd year player, out 4-6 weeks) they had some rookie and 2nd year bright spots. Odighizuwa, Anae, Armstrong. They're all backups. Cows have not put Randy Gregory and DeMarcus Lawrence out there and they're the starters. Some good film and youtube stuff (follow this guy):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRDGzYEbuLA

Gregory has been very strong in camp. Mark my word, double digit sack guy from RDE. Good against the run too. Interior DL is the huge question mark on my Cowboys. I honestly think as the defense jells (mid-season) the DB's and safeties will be good!

The Connor WIlliams thing at center is an experiment that's not working. The guy penciled in at LG, Connor McGovern (not the same as the C on the NYJ) has center experience and could back up Badazz. So all the bad snaps did not give us a good look at Gilbert.

Appreciate your looks and posts here.

Haven't tried the Hell on the Red. Mrs BobTex makes our own salsas out of the garden tomatoes and jalapenos that's thick and good. Might try a jar though next time I visit a HEB store. We eat a decent amount of salsa here.

Old 09-09-2021, 11:32 PM

Proud of my team's play tonight. Very disappointed in the outcome and our kicking game. Missing an extra point and a very makeable FG costs us. The team played hard for 60 minutes. Defense with 3-4 rookies and 8 new players total did OK for their first game. They'll get progressively better throughout the season, especially when the DT 1tech gets off IR in 3 weeks.

OL held there own against the best front 7 in the NFL.

Good game to watch !

Go Cowboys.

Old 09-10-2021, 06:08 AM

14,333 posts, read 14,651,687 times
It was a good game to watch, probably surprised people (me, too)! Cowboys gave Bucs a game, no doubt! NFC East take notice, Cowboys could be a tough out this year!

Old 09-16-2021, 01:22 PM

Week 2 Injuries vs Homeless Chargers
Randy Gregory Out (Covid)
Zack MArtin IN (post Covid)

DeMarcus Lawrence OUT (foot, 5 to 6 weeks)

La'el Collins OUT (Suspended 5 games for who knows what)

Donovan Wilson Questionable (Groin)

Without Gregory and Lawrence, the Pass rush will falter, and if Wilson is out, then look for the Chargers to charge through the air at will.

On the other hand The Chargers have several defensive starters who are questionable and the starting left tackle is doubtful.

SO, it will likely be a very high scoring affair, with lots of yards and going well OVER the 52.5 line IF you bet, which I suggest you don't.

Old 09-18-2021, 10:18 AM

Woulda responded to this earlier but been visiting my sister for the last week in Hillbilly, Tennessee and internet service is spotty at best in those hills and hollers of East Tennessee.

I'm not very encouraged about my Cowboys chances and kinda expect them to start the season at 0-2. 2 away games in enemy territory against quality opponents and then Dallas biggest hurdle to overcome is Coach Fat Mac. Negativity is enhanced by the myriad of missing starters so some back-ups need to step up.

You did fail to mention starting tackle Neville Gallimore hurt in preseason with a dislocated elbow. He was playing and looking very strong. And DL is where Dallas needs help obviously (zero sacks on Brady) with both starting DE's out. Gonna be an uphill battle.

Zeke is going to have to be productive offensively although his blocking on Tampon Bay's blitz packages was exemplary. Dak needs another good game and Kellen Moore needs to find a way to attack the Charbage defense. I look for more 2 TE sets with Gallup out.

My fingers are crossed . . . tightly.

Old 09-24-2021, 08:38 AM

Are there any other Cowboy fans on this board that will participate? There used to be.

Last edited by BobTex; 09-24-2021 at 08:53 AM..

Old 09-28-2021, 10:44 AM

Statement game last night. Still far from perfect. My take:

- Fat Mac is pathetic with clock management. I don't trust him nor his judgement. It's an ongoing problem week to week.

-Dak is pretty efficient but not as mobile as before the lower leg injury and is a bad runner. He has improved yearly at his QB craft though.

- Dallas winning despite missing 3 stars and 6 starters.

- Dallas OL has been pretty good against 3 strong DL. Center and LG are the obvious weak links. Biadasz gets owned regularly by the opposing 1 techs and Connor Williams is grabby. Run blocking has been their strong suit.

- Philly phans need to ease up on Hurts. He's essentially a rookie with 7 starts. You almost have to throw 2020 out the window too.

- Terrible game plan by the Eagles . . . terrible! 2 runs by a RB all game . . . rilly?

- Dallas may lose their defensive and offensive coordinators after this season as both have elevated the team exponentially. This bothers me.

- Speaking of Dan Quinn he's got the Cowboy defense playing hot while missing several starters (3 DL starters out last nite). Need the starters back on the DL. Leads the League in takeaways.

- #30 Anthony Brown is bad (not a bad man) . Trevon Diggs in his 2nd year has blossomed into a potential All-Pro and is a Bad Man.

- Cowboys are still mediocre to bad in the RZ of offense and the D is not well ranked but is making stops.

- Jaylon Smith is bad . . . can't run and has no lateral movement. He's getting worse too. I think the foot drop from the devastating knee injury in college is rearing its ugly head.

- Micah Parsons is a bad man! He will be the defensive rookie of the year barring injury.

Old 09-28-2021, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
Statement game last night. Still far from perfect. My take:

- Fat Mac is pathetic with clock management. I don't trust him nor his judgement. It's an ongoing problem week to week.
Was that a Subway Sandwich he had rolled up inside of his game card? And was he ordering Nachos and Beer for halftime on his tablet ? Hart to see the game clock when you are thinking about your next cheeseburger.

Quote:
-Dak is pretty efficient but not as mobile as before the lower leg injury and is a bad runner. He has improved yearly at his QB craft though.
I would bet that He thinks about taking off and fighting for a few extra yards at times . He used to do that, but it would be too risky and he is not as fast now. What the team SHOULD do is get a 3rd or 4th round QB in the draft, like Christian Anderson out of the Army, who is highly mobile and likes to throw on the run. IF Dak goes down, they have the same type of QB to plug in. Currently, the Backup they have could not do it.
Quote:
- Dallas winning despite missing 3 stars and 6 starters.

- Dallas OL has been pretty good against 3 strong DL. Center and LG are the obvious weak links. Biadasz gets owned regularly by the opposing 1 techs and Connor Williams is grabby. Run blocking has been their strong suit.
BadArse is no Looney Joe, but the run block is back to allowing Zeke to use his speed. Hopefully when Collins gets back from Rehab things will improve. Gotta Stay off of that Compound W
Quote:
- Dallas may lose their defensive and offensive coordinators after this season as both have elevated the team exponentially. This bothers me.

- Speaking of Dan Quinn he's got the Cowboy defense playing hot while missing several starters (3 DL starters out last nite). Need the starters back on the DL. Leads the League in takeaways.
The GIANTS need new coaches, and the JETS try a new one every year......
Quote:
- #30 Anthony Brown is bad (not a bad man) . Trevon Diggs in his 2nd year has blossomed into a potential All-Pro and is a Bad Man.
They have to draft CB first. They will not have much $$ under the cap to buy free agents. 26 Cowboys are up for free agency next year including VanDer Esch, Gregory, Connor Williams and Neal ...
Brown got Owned by Brown in the first game against the Succaneers and he has not bounced back

Quote:
- Micah Parsons is a bad man! He will be the defensive rookie of the year barring injury.
I was texting back and forth with my friend in Texas as we were watching the game at the sports bar. We left at halftime, realizing that it is far cheaper to watch the game at home. (As in, the snacks and booze has already been paid for)

He was not pleased with Dak's fumble/interception in the End Zone He thought it looked like several players were just not paying attention.
Massive Mike probably was not either because the Churro Salesman was making rounds to the sidelines when it happened.

As far as coaches leaving, that is a point I had not taken. There will be vacancies in the NFL by season's end.....Jacksonville, Houston, Cincy, Motown, New York twice, and even Seattle if Pete Carrol decides to stop chewing gum and retire at his age.
Dan Quinn likely won't leave because he has a good thing going, and Moore, well, he may get the Giant's OC job but doubt it will be a head coaching job there.

Consider though that several coaches end up at Arizona State and Adam Gase is coaching High school, so anything can happen.

This next game will tell much. Your starting KB NEAL is out with Covid, so VanderEsch and Cox will be starting UNLESS DeMarcus grows a new foot overnight and allows Parsons back into the backfield. The Panthers like to throw, they have depth at RB and if smart, will be running Anderson at Brown all day, while Rookie Chuba Hubbard will try to make a statement in the backfield. IF they can win that game, then they warrant serious attention. The Pink Panthers are 3-0 so this will be a better test of where they stand.

Old 09-28-2021, 02:26 PM

On the Panthers, they've beaten the Jets and Texans which are in the bottom 5 of the league. Their only noteworthy outing was beating a Saints team that spent the week before the game reading their press clippings after smashing the hapless Packers.

Neal is not ruled out yet.

Cox has not played much and Neal was out last night. It was LVE and Smith. Don't know what Carolina will do but the Cows are good at making adjustments.

Dak's fumble bothered me too but because of the call more than anything. Philthy's DL had been getting some penetration so a screen or draw maybe but do something quick and safe. It was a 5 step drop back and a moderately developing pattern ... too long, too long. After that Dak was almost perfect. 143 rating and an 80% completion percentage.

On coaching, Kellen Moore won't make a move to another OC position. The Cowboys can refuse to allow that because it is a lateral move. What many fans want is to can Fat Mac, put KM in as HC and OC and give Quinn an assistant HC along with DC. Fat Mac is a liability but Jerrah is slow to make moves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football