Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2017, 08:53 PM

3,266 posts, read 5,635,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
From what i understand.. its not JERRY calling the shots any more.. Its his son Stephen. Jerry wanted to draft Manziel (so did I!)... but it was Stephen (and he was probably the ONLY one who could veto Jerry) who said NO!!! At least that is the way i heard it listening to Sports Talk radio out of Dallas..
Don't minimize the power of Will McClay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2017, 07:10 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,664,886 times
Told all my Falcons buddies..
It's always darkest just before the DAK!

Old 03-03-2017, 12:18 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
interesting bit of news today, the jets released brandon marshall, i wonder if the cowboys might be interested in him if they can get him at a good price. he would make a good addiction to the offense.

Old 03-08-2017, 01:35 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,556,399 times
Romo to be released tomorrow.

Old 03-08-2017, 01:38 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,395,381 times
Pretty good career for Romo in Dallas.

Old 03-08-2017, 02:43 PM

14,327 posts, read 14,625,905 times
He was going to be a big cap hit, 24 million and Dak is under a rookie deal, $600,000 range, a real bargain. Cowboys were up against the cap, lowest on the list of teams with amount of money to spend, so helps them out a great deal.

Old 03-08-2017, 04:11 PM

the problem with releasing romo tomorrow is the cowboys only save 5.1 million against the cap, where as if they release him post june first, they save a lot more according to this report;

Josh McCown reportedly heads down to Dallas to visit with the Cowboys - CBSSports.com

colin cowherd ranks the ten best destinations for romo;

Colin Cowherd ranks the 10 best destinations for Tony Romo | FOX Sports

and some bargain bin free agents for the cowboys to consider;

Bargain Bin Free Agents Dallas Cowboys Should Target to Fill Biggest Needs | Bleacher Report

Old 03-08-2017, 10:01 PM

1,149 posts, read 935,305 times
I am sad. I know he had his run and it is for the best, but he has been our QB for a long time. I wish him the best in his future endeavors. Will be weird not seeing him on the field/sidelines.

Where do you think he will go next? I think he still wants to play and win a Super Bowl. Like Mad Dog Sports said, he may go to the Broncos like Manning did. Part of me thinks he has had his run and needs to quit while he is ahead. Maybe be an offensive coordinator, etc.

Old 03-08-2017, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jteskal View Post
I am sad. I know he had his run and it is for the best, but he has been our QB for a long time. I wish him the best in his future endeavors. Will be weird not seeing him on the field/sidelines.

Where do you think he will go next? I think he still wants to play and win a Super Bowl. Like Mad Dog Sports said, he may go to the Broncos like Manning did. Part of me thinks he has had his run and needs to quit while he is ahead. Maybe be an offensive coordinator, etc.
my thought is still fro dallas to make him a full time quarterbacks coach, and also make him the emergency back up quarterback. with kellen moore coming back, dallas already has a solid back up, but a third QB would be a good idea as well, maybe joch mccown as the back up, kellen moore as the number three, and that leaves romo as number four in the depth chart, only to be brought out when absolutely necessary.

Old 03-09-2017, 06:52 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,472,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
my thought is still fro dallas to make him a full time quarterbacks coach, and also make him the emergency back up quarterback. with kellen moore coming back, dallas already has a solid back up, but a third QB would be a good idea as well, maybe joch mccown as the back up, kellen moore as the number three, and that leaves romo as number four in the depth chart, only to be brought out when absolutely necessary.

You would waste a roster spot with carrying a fourth quarterback that is never going to see the field? That would be a horrible decision. You could use that roster spot to add depth to another position that needs it. No team carries four quarterbacks. There are even several teams that only carry two quarterbacks. I know you guys loved Romo and sad to see him go, but Tony Romo still wants to play, and he's not going to be a player-coach. He wants to go to a team that gives him a good chance to make the Super Bowl. Right now, Denver is probably his best location. If Romo is healthy, no way in the world would he ever go for the idea of being a backup quarterback, let alone a fourth stringer. Otherwise, he would have just been happy staying in Dallas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football