Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2018, 10:45 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times

Advertisements

well it was a good weekend the cowboys didnt lose
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2018, 10:26 AM

796 posts, read 505,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
well it was a good weekend the cowboys didnt lose
I was gonna post this. But even tho Titans aren't playing well right now, watch them make that MNF game closer than it should. Maybe Cowboys will win since its a home game and they can't win away this year.

Old 10-29-2018, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
You made a decent point rbohm . . . but stopped short of drawing the conclusion .

I totally agree the offense is predictable and plain vanilla ("lack of creativity"). But whose fault is that? It's the coach's. It's his offense, he devises the schemes, He has play calling power. There's the cause of the three and outs you're lamenting. This is all connected. Still think it's not the coach ... well, who's to blame if not coaching????

Beasley is getting targets vs the others because Dak looks for him almost every pass play. More predictability which reflects on the QB not trusting his personnel ... that's on the QB. A weakness ! (The team went with no dedicated #1 WR as a weapon. But Dak is not following through (to spread the ball around) so an already weak passing game is weakened more. Gotta stick with the design of the offense .

Tight end situation is just mediocre at best and the group we have now has no future star in it. It would be OK if there weren't other offensive woes (OL underperforming, WR dilemma, lack of imagination with play calling, and of course a QB that can't threaten the defense consistently) .

So the problem with the offense is almost everything. I'm going to repeat this ... again ... this is a passing league. The NFL has set up the rules to help the passing game. Our QB can't win games with his arm. The offense is handicapped until we have that guy. Watching DeShaun Watson should open anyone's eyes to this ... he can flat out take over a game with his arm. Imagine if we had that + Zeke.

These claims about Troy and Roger have some validity. I don't want them back and Roger is over 70 years old and yes he's retired(from football) as is Troy who is chasing 50. I don't want them back, it is clear they are gone so I don't desire the impossible. And I never griped about Tony either. Tony screwed up a lot, especially early on in his starting career ... but he was exciting. He pushed the ball. He, like Roger and Troy had an accurate ball and a downfield game. But, they're are all gone ... as you know. Now I'm watching our new QB and I see a lack of talent. I see really bad mechanics frequently. See him throwing off his back foot a dozen times a game. He's been coached on mechanics and still doing this stuff which is much of his accuracy problems. Roger, Troy, Tony, and even Danny White spoiled me so I watch QB play with a critical eye. Dak is closer to Quincy Carter (talent wise) than to these guys.

Now you, rbohn , can put "fan" in quotations if you want ... it only reflects on you. I am a Cowboy fan. Just as much as you. I voice an opinion only. But my eyes are wide open.

I want to point out too I think Rod Marinelli is an excellent defensive coordinator and excels at Dline coaching. He is not the problem, especially with Kris Richard as his right hand man.

Some good reading for "fans" : https://www.cover1.net/9-interesting...wboys-offense/
Bob Tex, good points about offense and Dak. I was hoping he was gonna improve and work on his mechanics like the horrible footwork at times. I hope he knows this year is the year he needs to prove he can be Cowboys franchise QB. If not, I can't see him getting that contract. Sometimes a QB needs to be able to win games by just letting it rip.

Old 10-31-2018, 09:10 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,499,450 times
Well, the O-line coach got booted. Marc Colombo took over. Maybe Dak will get a little help now.

Old 10-31-2018, 01:35 PM

3,266 posts, read 5,636,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Well, the O-line coach got booted. Marc Colombo took over. Maybe Dak will get a little help now.
And Hudson Houck hired as a "consultant". Seems good on the surface and if nothing else shakes things up. Really know nothing about Columbo's coaching ability or style. He's been on staff though as an assistant .

Old 11-04-2018, 11:01 PM

Just a note to add today. After watching Matty Ice carve up the juggernaut Washington Redskins my points about Dak not being able to threaten the defense enough to take pressure off of Zeke is confirmed. Washington couldn't stack the box with 8 and 9 defenders and run blitz against Atlanta and were exposed. After limiting Zeke to 31 yards they gave up 154 rushing yards today because the 'Skin D had to respect the pass.

If Dallas had that guy back there who was a threat to pass downfield (not dink and dunk) then this team's offensive woes would just . . . pffffttt ... disappear.

Go Cowboys !!!!

Old 11-05-2018, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
Just a note to add today. After watching Matty Ice carve up the juggernaut Washington Redskins my points about Dak not being able to threaten the defense enough to take pressure off of Zeke is confirmed. Washington couldn't stack the box with 8 and 9 defenders and run blitz against Atlanta and were exposed. After limiting Zeke to 31 yards they gave up 154 rushing yards today because the 'Skin D had to respect the pass.

If Dallas had that guy back there who was a threat to pass downfield (not dink and dunk) then this team's offensive woes would just . . . pffffttt ... disappear.

Go Cowboys !!!!
I want Dak succeed but I agree Bob Tex. What was really concerning about that game against Skins 2 weeks ago was that the 2016-17 game managing Dak would've won that but those fumbles especially that horrible fumble returned for the Skins TD was just awful. Game managing QBs don't do that....that was just bad QB play, especially with Zeke opening up for a check down. And it wasn't even like game manager Alex Smith lit the Boys up thru the air.

Hopefully Boys will win tonight but who knows.

Old 11-05-2018, 05:33 PM

That 2016 team had stronger OL play. We are really missing Fred Beard and Tyron Smith is just a shell of 2014-2016 self. Collins is a natural guard, not tackle (right) and Connor Williams is a natural tackle not guard. Williams excelled at UT at tackle (left) and was one of the top tackles in college football. Yes, I question who makes these decisions and why.

I'm frustrated with the team. I love Dak as a man (not romantically). He seems honorable, has leadership skills, and I want him to succeed like you do. If he succeeds then the Cows do too. I want to see "my" team win another SB before I die.

Old 11-05-2018, 05:56 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,091,923 times
the cat'sidea when taking Dak, which I suggested months before the draft, was that DAK would spend a year or two under Romo. The idea was that if Romo got hurt, a run and shoot gunslinger would come off the bench, keeping the offense moving. This would be in contrast to the usual, drop back, and look passers that they had as backups.
That was the idea, as I pounted out that Dak had the skills and was the right fit, but needed some coaching.

That was the idea. The cat knows these things.

Listen to the Cat

The reason for Daks early success was the perfect OL. Not the coaching, not tne defense not Zeke....the OL

Find a one week cure, or even better, a vaccine for GBS, And all will be well.

Old 11-05-2018, 06:35 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,499,450 times
Amari Cooper got his first td for the Cowboys halfway thru the first quarter after Tank Lawrence stripped the ball from Mariota.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football