Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2018, 05:55 PM

14,327 posts, read 14,627,647 times

Advertisements

It has been confirmed, Dez did in fact tear his Achilles:

Dez Bryant suffers torn Achilles tendon in practice - NFL.com

Some will say should have taken the Ravens deal, shoulda, woulda, coulda, now he out for the season and will he play again??? No one knows, no doubt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2018, 03:53 PM

796 posts, read 505,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
It has been confirmed, Dez did in fact tear his Achilles:

Dez Bryant suffers torn Achilles tendon in practice - NFL.com

Some will say should have taken the Ravens deal, shoulda, woulda, coulda, now he out for the season and will he play again??? No one knows, no doubt.
Yeah I heard. Talk about bad luck. I guess he should've took Ravens deal cuz of his age and injury history but thats in the past. Hopefully he can play next year somewhere. I wonder if him being out so long with not being on a team in the offseason had him too rusty.

Old 11-11-2018, 09:32 PM

3,266 posts, read 5,636,125 times
I gotta give Dak credit. He made some pro QB throws tonight. Play calling was pretty good. A patched-up and injured Cowboy O-line played really good against a strong Iggle D-line. A really good game by the whole team.

I continue to be impressed by these LB'ers. Vander Esch is looking like defensive rookie of the year.

Go Cowboys.

Old 11-11-2018, 09:45 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,914,174 times
Default Week 10

This week's result: Cowboys BEAT the Eagles: 27-20

2018 Regular Season Record: (4-5)
2018 Division Record: (2-1)

Next Week: @ Falcons

Yeah... that WOULD happen.

Old 11-11-2018, 09:56 PM

796 posts, read 505,564 times
I think Dak did good enough to win. My concern is him missing some of those big play throws like that missed throw to Cooper that would've resulted in a TD. Still holds on to the ball too long, and was inaccurate on some short passes. However, he did well enough. Concerned on that last offensive drive that gave Eagles and Wentz enough time to tie up game.

D did weok enough but allowed some big plays and lots of points 2nd half but they held on in the end. LVE was a great pick. Loving that dude.

Maher missed that critical FG...hope he isn't getting too shaky and over thinking.

Those close games against Skins and Texans may come back to haunt the Boys from getting into playoffs. Curious to see how this team can do against great teams like the Saints.

Old 11-12-2018, 12:15 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
I gotta give Dak credit. He made some pro QB throws tonight. Play calling was pretty good. A patched-up and injured Cowboy O-line played really good against a strong Iggle D-line. A really good game by the whole team.

I continue to be impressed by these LB'ers. Vander Esch is looking like defensive rookie of the year.

Go Cowboys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VABlkCONSERV View Post
I think Dak did good enough to win. My concern is him missing some of those big play throws like that missed throw to Cooper that would've resulted in a TD. Still holds on to the ball too long, and was inaccurate on some short passes. However, he did well enough. Concerned on that last offensive drive that gave Eagles and Wentz enough time to tie up game.

D did weok enough but allowed some big plays and lots of points 2nd half but they held on in the end. LVE was a great pick. Loving that dude.

Maher missed that critical FG...hope he isn't getting too shaky and over thinking.

Those close games against Skins and Texans may come back to haunt the Boys from getting into playoffs. Curious to see how this team can do against great teams like the Saints.

once again you guys dont give dak enough credit. as i noted many times, the offensive play calling has been too conservative. today however they started opening up the play book and let dak be dak, and the offense responded by putting up good yards, and putting points on the board.

the defense however stepped up as well and kept the eagles out of the end zone for the most part. th eagles should have scored at least 14 more points in the game.

Old 11-12-2018, 01:59 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,561,459 times
Dak made good throws and he took what the Eagles gave him. But his negatives still outweigh the positives. He still make some incredibly bad decisions throwing the ball, still hold the ball way to long, still has happy feet and throwing off his back foot, and still can’t feel pressure from the pocket. Collingsworth critiqued him pretty good on one throw in the first quarter. These are the same things I saw in 2016. But he did make some throws tonight that I know he can make in the intermediate areas.

Old 11-12-2018, 02:32 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,286,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VABlkCONSERV View Post
Yeah I heard. Talk about bad luck. I guess he should've took Ravens deal cuz of his age and injury history but thats in the past. Hopefully he can play next year somewhere. I wonder if him being out so long with not being on a team in the offseason had him too rusty.
He also showed up to Saints facilities out of shape as well, which isn't surprising. It's hard to stay in NFL shape when you're not focused on the next game or season. There's not many athletes that are physically gifted and disciplined like Terrell Owens who can stay in shape years after playing his last pro game; however, it's no surprise that Owens is a unique individual, physically and emotionally.

Coming back to the game out of NFL shape just means you're more prone to be injured. You go from eating a balanced diet catered to your position to where you can work it off while you practice and to prepare for an upcoming game. He needed to be on a team and ready play in Week 1 and not in Week 8. I think it's best if he hangs it up and focuses on life after football. I'm afraid Brandon Marshall is going to be right behind him in having to make that decision as well, which the Saints just signed him to a 1 year deal.

Old 11-14-2018, 08:56 AM

3,266 posts, read 5,636,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
once again you guys dont give dak enough credit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
I gotta give Dak credit.
?????

I'll call it like I see it. If he plays good I'll say so (and did) and if he's bad I'll call that out too.

I think the improved offense was the result of 2 things:

1. Amari Cooper (whom you'll remember I was against trading for) has stretched the defense . Still think this trade will bite us as he is due a new contract after next year ... we essentially get him for a season and a half.

2. Firing O-line coach Paul Alexander and promoting Marc Colombo to OL coach. This patched up and injured OL did real well against a pretty good Iggle DL. Our OL had looked pretty sketchy all year. Zeke gouged them Iggles for the 1st time that I can remember. 7.5 ypc !

Old 11-18-2018, 02:29 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
cowboys beat the falcons on a last second field goal by maher. if dallas can win on thursday over the redskins, it will be a tie for first in the NFC east, since the reskins lost today vs the texans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football