Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2018, 05:32 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,803,691 times

Advertisements

You can fire the head coach, you can fire the offensive coordinator, you can even fire the QB coach. Doing those things does not solve the biggest problem with the Cowboys - their owner. They need to bring in a real GM and have Jerry Jones take a big step back and let football people do their thing. Jerry has shown over the last 24 years he's not very good at running the football operations. I have said this before (and I am sure many have said it before me), but if it were not for Jimmy Johnson, the Cowboys never would have won anything under the ownership of Jerry Jones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2018, 06:07 AM

796 posts, read 505,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
TCU fans were saying this about Robinson (the starter this season) and they got what they wanted. He got hurt with season ending surgery and his back up came in... he is SIGNIFICANTLY worse.

I would expect the same with Dallas.
We still need to see a change. Dak is regressing and becoming a liability out there with all these turnovers the past few games. Hell, I would try Beasley at QB. I'm convinced Dak is just a back up QB at best, and that's ok. He would be a solid back up for the Boys.

Old 11-06-2018, 09:41 AM

1,479 posts, read 1,229,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
linehan needs to go as OC, and kellen moore needs to go as qb coach. lets get norv turner back as oc, and get someone that understands the kind of qb that prescott is as qb coach.

turner knew how to call plays for the offense that was in play at the time.

Norv is the OC with Carolina, he isn't coming back.
Dak has regressed in an awful way, he leaned on Mark Sanchez A LOT in his rookie year. He needs a vet to lean on. How can nobody in that building see this?

Old 11-06-2018, 09:44 AM

1,479 posts, read 1,229,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
You can fire the head coach, you can fire the offensive coordinator, you can even fire the QB coach. Doing those things does not solve the biggest problem with the Cowboys - their owner. They need to bring in a real GM and have Jerry Jones take a big step back and let football people do their thing. Jerry has shown over the last 24 years he's not very good at running the football operations. I have said this before (and I am sure many have said it before me), but if it were not for Jimmy Johnson, the Cowboys never would have won anything under the ownership of Jerry Jones.
As much as we enjoyed those 3 Superbowls back then (2 w/Jimmy and 1 w/Jimmy's team) I think you are right. I think it gave Jerry the feeling he can do this NFL thing. I wish Jimmy would come in as a GM but I know that's never going to happen.

Old 11-06-2018, 11:56 AM

1,769 posts, read 1,692,099 times
The most exciting thing was Michael Irvin in his pre-game rant. Dude was sweating buckets.

Old 11-07-2018, 07:47 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,090,697 times
Quote:
I will rep you when I get back to my main computer. I have been saying this for years. Jerry Jones did not build that 1990s dynasty, Jimmy Johnson did.

A week ago, I was talking to my friend in Texas who is a diehard Cowboy fan. He was telling me how the Cowboys would make the Super Bowl this year now that they have Amari Cooper, how they could make the playoffs then run the table.
Not sure what delusional world he is in, but he forgets who the coaches and owners are. I would not want to work for Jones because his interference and lack of expertise will always hurt the organization. (Having played the game does not make one an expert in it, no more than graduating from high school makes one an expert in public education.)

It is easy to scapegoat Garrett. He is a proven inadequate leader in the locker room, his play calling and play design are not worthy of the pro game. But at the same time, he is a puppet of Jones, like every coach since Johnson, and must play under the limits of Jones' dictatorship. So while he has shown no brilliance, we must question whether or not he is allowed to try to be brilliant. For now, he remains unacceptable

The offensive line is a hot mess. Why expect things that worked in Dak's rookie years, when the line was A+ to be the same now when the line is a B- ? Wont work, and coaches cannot seebthat and adjust.
Nor can the owner.

Looking ahead at the following year draft, your key player will be FB Tory Carter out of LSU. He is another Moose Johnson with speed.

Old 11-07-2018, 07:59 AM

1,769 posts, read 1,692,099 times
So, how did Jerry convince Bill Parcells to come out of retirement to work for him? You would think Bill would have been smart enough to know that wasn't going to work.

Old 11-07-2018, 08:33 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,497,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardine8 View Post
So, how did Jerry convince Bill Parcells to come out of retirement to work for him? You would think Bill would have been smart enough to know that wasn't going to work.
A whole pile of money?

Joe Namath is doing commercials for retirement villages and medicare plans. I guess they do need money.

Old 11-07-2018, 09:50 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,286,066 times
Quote:
People forget that Jimmy Johnson made over 50 trades to build that Super Bowl team. There's not been a whole lot to talk about in Dallas since those days either. A couple of 12-4 seasons, but mostly just a meddling team that will upset an opponent or two and continue to miss the playoffs. Jerry Jones, like all owners is a business man, but that doesn't mean he can be a GM. He's made A LOOOTTTTT of money off the Cowboys brand, and his stadium is truly an experience, but it all came at the cost of him failing as an active GM. However, what do you do when the owner is calling the shots though? He's the reason why the Cowboys are still relevant post Johnson, because they've never been able to get over their Super Bowl hangover. He's done the things that have kept him in the media, which has also kept his team in the media. It's time for Jones to take a backseat and time for Jason Garrett to update is resume with the Cowboys no longer being his current employer.

Old 11-07-2018, 10:17 AM

796 posts, read 505,506 times
Our old pro bowl WR Dez officially signed with the Saints. Boys play them this year. He probably will score 2 TDs. He rejected the Ravens deal but he eventually won and have a much better HC, OC and QB.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football