Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2017, 04:29 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,775,982 times

Advertisements

I honestly don't think it will be much longer before certain penalties are also reviewed. The NFL is now a parity driven league and with teams being so close talent wise, you cannot have bad calls deciding games. You can take 3-4 games each week in the league, change a single play, A SINGLE PLAY, and the outcome is different. I'd be all for holding calls, face masks, pass interference and so on being reviewed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2017, 05:08 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,168,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
I honestly don't think it will be much longer before certain penalties are also reviewed. The NFL is now a parity driven league and with teams being so close talent wise, you cannot have bad calls deciding games. You can take 3-4 games each week in the league, change a single play, A SINGLE PLAY, and the outcome is different. I'd be all for holding calls, face masks, pass interference and so on being reviewed.
I agree on PI. . No way you can do it for holding. Just impossible.

Old 01-21-2017, 06:51 PM

14,327 posts, read 14,627,647 times
OK, I learned something tonight and I've been watching football a long time! Coaches and coordinators are calling the Packers about the way they teach their O-line to block. There are also some teams complaining to the league they consider it holding. I watch but didn't realize about hand placing for inside or outside in pass protection.

I'm not trying to start something or make matters worse, but I did think it was interesting and if enough calls are made to the league, it could be an issue.

McGinn: Pass protection technique drawing praise

Old 01-22-2017, 05:44 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,665,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
OK, I learned something tonight and I've been watching football a long time! Coaches and coordinators are calling the Packers about the way they teach their O-line to block. There are also some teams complaining to the league they consider it holding. I watch but didn't realize about hand placing for inside or outside in pass protection.

I'm not trying to start something or make matters worse, but I did think it was interesting and if enough calls are made to the league, it could be an issue.

McGinn: Pass protection technique drawing praise

I have been coaching several years, albeit at the Pee Wee level, and we have always teach our offensive lineman to keep your hands inside the numbers.. if you go outside the numbers, you can get called for holding.. so basically the Packers are moving their hands a little outside the numbers, but not so much that they get flagged for holding but just enough to get better leverage. Obviously NOT rocket science here but probably something they work on specifically at practice vs keeping your hands inside the numbers.

Here is what will likely happen. Other teams will start to implement this and the league and officials will start to call or holding... or maybe they continue to allow it.. Holding is really something a defender initiates.. great pass rushers generate holding calls and not so great ones do not. Offensive lineman will instinctively HOLD when they get beat.. Its no secret that the Cowboys don't have great pass rushers so it should come as no surprise that there were no holding calls on the Packers offensive line..

Old 01-22-2017, 03:55 PM

Satisfying.. that's all. just satisfying.

Old 01-22-2017, 04:17 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,664,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Satisfying.. that's all. just satisfying.
If you get New England, I will be pulling for you all the way. But, if my Steelers pull this off, then you know the rest of the story.

Old 01-22-2017, 04:26 PM

not a falcons fan despite living in Atlanta.. just satisfying to see the Packers LOSE so we can STOP hearing the NFL media talking about Rodgers.. yea yea, he's great.. but he sux today so enough!

Old 01-22-2017, 06:04 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,664,852 times
Quote:
not a falcons fan despite living in Atlanta.. just satisfying to see the Packers LOSE so we can STOP hearing the NFL media talking about Rodgers.. yea yea, he's great.. but he sux today so enough!
Ok I see. Rodgers met his match today and then some with Matt Ryan.

Last edited by ipaper; 01-22-2017 at 07:29 PM..

Old 01-22-2017, 07:23 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,395,835 times
Quote:
Rodgers wasn't the issue for the most part, it was the defense. Packers defense could not stop Atlanta's offense. They just give up big pass plays way too much.

Old 01-22-2017, 10:18 PM

796 posts, read 505,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
Rodgers wasn't the issue for the most part, it was the defense. Packers defense could not stop Atlanta's offense. They just give up big pass plays way too much.
GB defense did what the Boys defense did last week....played like shyt most of game and gave up too many big plays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football