Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2016, 09:00 AM

3,135 posts, read 3,782,362 times

Advertisements

So glad to see the Cowboys prove the "experts" wrong again and again...Every week, it's "They're facing the best defense, there is no way that they win in Green Bay, or Pittsburgh, or Minnesota", etc....LMAO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2016, 09:17 AM

1,281 posts, read 776,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome1 View Post
So glad to see the Cowboys prove the "experts" wrong again and again...Every week, it's "They're facing the best defense, there is no way that they win in Green Bay, or Pittsburgh, or Minnesota", etc....LMAO
Or like jaws on espn last night

"I like the Vikings because of that defense"

Old 12-02-2016, 09:38 AM

3,121 posts, read 3,097,534 times
Not a Cowboy fan, but since they're going to be on tv anyways, they might as well be good and interesting.

Old 12-02-2016, 09:58 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,166,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
Not a Cowboy fan, but since they're going to be on tv anyways, they might as well be good and interesting.
This Cowboy team reminds me so much of 2007. Fans chests all pumped up talking SB....one thing is in the way though........ the NY GIANTS. Giants were an afterthought in 07 too at around this point in the year. Lets see how it turns out this time around.

Old 12-02-2016, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
This Cowboy team reminds me so much of 2007. Fans chests all pumped up talking SB....one thing is in the way though........ the NY GIANTS. Giants were an afterthought in 07 too at around this point in the year. Lets see how it turns out this time around.
I feel a lot better about the Cowboys chances because Dak has the ability to run when receivers are covered. He also doesn't force anything like Romo did in the past. Dak will either take a sack or throw the ball away before forcing a pass and throwing a INT.

And when a team has a QB like that they won't lose many games.

Old 12-03-2016, 06:37 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,664,886 times
Quote:
There are definite similarities but other than Jason Witten and Tony Romo (who is not a starter), i don't know of a single Cowboy player on the team today that was on the team back then.. Eli might be the only remaining Giant? Did JJP play for them that season? Even the head coaches have changed so i think there is enough differences that you can ignore history in this case. That doesn't mean the Giants wont put an end to the Cowboys winning streak or even snatch the division and home field from them.. that's still in play... but every time someone has pointed out the Cowboys past failures or inadequacies, they have answered those doubters..

All i know is, the Giants are next on the schedule and even though every game is big, this one is certainly the biggest they have played so far. Time for them to answer another question.

Old 12-03-2016, 08:03 AM

20,516 posts, read 33,556,399 times
Quote:
It reminds me nothing of the 2007 team. They are not as big headed, they are not led by a cupcake coach who never won a playoff game at that time, Jerry isn't running the show, and there is better leadership on this team. If the fans chests are all pumped up. So what. They are fans. What do you expect them to be like? Humble? There is not one fanbase that would be humble at 11-1.

Old 12-03-2016, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
It reminds me nothing of the 2007 team. They are not as big headed, they are not led by a cupcake coach who never won a playoff game at that time, Jerry isn't running the show, and there is better leadership on this team. If the fans chests are all pumped up. So what. They are fans. What do you expect them to be like? Humble? There is not one fanbase that would be humble at 11-1.
This cowboys team also doesn't have a QB who forces passes into the endzone around a crowd of defenders leading to a interception.

Old 12-03-2016, 12:52 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,166,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
No No No..In no way did I mean it reminds me of 2007 from a player perspective..I meant it from a standings and situation we are in only. The players are completely different , it has nothing to do with that.

I just have the same Cowboy fans today saying what they were saying in 2007. That's all. It's very similar. Cowboys hot , winning every game. Giants squeaking by, getting no respect.

Old 12-03-2016, 01:02 PM

Quote:
No No No..In no way did I mean it reminds me of 2007 from a player perspective..I meant it from a standings and situation we are in only. The players are completely different , it has nothing to do with that.

I just have the same Cowboy fans today saying what they were saying in 2007. That's all. It's very similar. Cowboys hot , winning every game. Giants squeaking by, getting no respect.
All they have to do for me to be satisfied is win 1 playoff game and reach the NFC championship. That would make the season a success because that is something romo could never do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football