Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2016, 11:45 AM

1,281 posts, read 777,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Barring injury, there is no way ROMO plays in the playoffs, regardless of the score. The Cowboys will make the playoffs this year because of Dak Prescott, you don't bench him if he is having a bad game. That would set a terrible president and likely put a bad taste in his mouth as well as the rest of the teams.. you dance with the girl that you brung to the Dance, and that is DAK!

I suspect Romo's last game on the field as a Cowboy will be in the season finale vs the Eagles.. I have praised and cursed Romo throughout the years and respect what he has done as a Cowboy but this is DAKs team now.. win or lose..
People just need to accept the Romo era is over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2016, 12:03 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,775,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
People just need to accept the Romo era is over.
Oh I have accepted and am actually looking forward to it. It's sports, and the NFL, nothing lasts forever and change is always lurking. Dak is the future of this team, without question. He is going to evolve into a great QB.

Old 11-26-2016, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
Oh I have accepted and am actually looking forward to it. It's sports, and the NFL, nothing lasts forever and change is always lurking. Dak is the future of this team, without question. He is going to evolve into a great QB.
I remember back in the summer people kept telling me "dak prescott looks good" and I was like "i am not getting excited over someone playing well in preseason so talk to me after week 1". Looks like they was right because he has been consistent since preseason.

Old 11-26-2016, 03:06 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,561,459 times
He's gotten better since that preseason game too.

Old 11-27-2016, 07:40 PM

158 posts, read 73,740 times
Hey Marinelli/Cowboys defense, turn on NBC....are you watching how the Chiefs and Broncos play DEFENSE. Justin Houston has more sacks in one half then I think we have had in 4 games. You don't see any WRs running free with some half a$$ed zone defense. At least for the first half, neither defense is allowing the other team to march up and down the field....they get sacks, they force fumbles....TAKE FRIGGIN NOTES ON HOW ITS DONE!!!!

Old 11-27-2016, 07:45 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,665,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryffendor View Post
Hey Marinelli/Cowboys defense, turn on NBC....are you watching how the Chiefs and Broncos play DEFENSE. Justin Houston has more sacks in one half then I think we have had in 4 games. You don't see any WRs running free with some half a$$ed zone defense. At least for the first half, neither defense is allowing the other team to march up and down the field....they get sacks, they force fumbles....TAKE FRIGGIN NOTES ON HOW ITS DONE!!!!
Charles Haley is NOT walking through that door..

Old 11-27-2016, 07:54 PM

Quote:
All NFL teams has weaknesses. KC has a good defense and a crappy defense. And the Cowboys have a strong offense and average defense. Not going to say bad defense because they keep teams out of the endzone which is the main reason why they are 10-1.

Old 11-27-2016, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Charles Haley is NOT walking through that door..
Ya think???? Can we get somebody, anybody to at least get pressure on the QB???? Cousins drops back 53 times and not one sack. Hell, we didn't come close to sacking him....can you blitz? Oh, and not only don't we hit the QB, apparently our secondary is allergic to covering anyone. He completed almost 80% of his passes!!!! Break up a pass, force a fumble, get a pick instead of this "well if our offense holds the ball, their offense can't score" mindset!!!!

Old 11-27-2016, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Ya think???? Can we get somebody, anybody to at least get pressure on the QB???? Cousins drops back 53 times and not one sack. Hell, we didn't come close to sacking him....can you blitz? Oh, and not only don't we hit the QB, apparently our secondary is allergic to covering anyone. He completed almost 80% of his passes!!!! Break up a pass, force a fumble, get a pick instead of this "well if our offense holds the ball, their offense can't score" mindset!!!!
Actually all NFL secondaries will give up big pass plays if a QB has time to throw. That;s why defensive pressure is so important up front because someone will always be open whether it's the tight end or one of the receivers. Remember that all cornerbacks give up big cushions to the receivers which I never understood why?

Old 11-27-2016, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
Actually all NFL secondaries will give up big pass plays if a QB has time to throw. That;s why defensive pressure is so important up front because someone will always be open whether it's the tight end or one of the receivers. Remember that all cornerbacks give up big cushions to the receivers which I never understood why?
I said can we pressure the QB....get a sack....strip the ball from the QB
Are you watching the Chiefs/Broncos game? The first half was AWESOME....sacks, forcing punts, covering receivers, 3 and outs....actual defensive football as opposed to "well lets rush 3, drop 8 in coverage and hope the other team makes a mistake"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football