Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2016, 11:18 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,395,835 times

Advertisements

It was a close game though between the two teams. I'll give them that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2016, 01:16 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,806,234 times
Way to hang tough Cowboys, we'll take a win... good, bad or ugly!

Old 12-02-2016, 05:43 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,665,751 times
11 in a row.. whew. Take 'em any way you can get them.

It was a good game in some respects and bad in others.

The Dallas defense got pressure on Bradford, consistent pressure and you could see him getting happy feet in the second half. He missed a wide open WR on a 3rd and long mid way through the 4th quarter not because he was getting pressured on that play but because he was expecting pressure so he threw just a tad too soon. That's what consistent pressure on the QB does.. makes 'em throw it early and often off target. That was good to see, NO THAT WAS GREAT TO SEE but now can we do it in back to back weeks..... despite the last minute TD I am super pleased with the defensive effort.. They got SUPER lucky on that obvious hands to the face on the 2 point conversion but the pressure on that play caused the errant throw. If i were a Vikings fan i would be screaming foul but as a Cowboy fan, I saw it as a makeup call. I can point out at least 2 bogus calls against the Cowboys that nullified Big plays.. I am still looking for that hold on Free in the first half that nullified Elliott LONG run..

The Cowboys offense didn't play well, at least no where near the level we are used to seeing them play. Obviously some of that credit goes to the Vikings defense, one of the best in the league. I did like the way they didn't panic and start throwing the ball all over the place like many teams would do. They kept running Zeke and that paid off in the 2nd half with a big run to setup a FG. I didn't see any errant throws from Dak and he made more plays with his feet than I have seen in any game all year. We might start seeing even more of that as the Cowboys begins their final push for the Playoffs.

11 wins is usually the bench mark for making the Playoffs. I don't know what the playoff scenarios are at the moment but this win certainly puts the Cowboys, if not clinched, right on the edge.... Rarely do you see 11 win teams miss the playoffs. I don't see that happening this year because there would have to be non division teams with 11 or more wins and besides the Giants, there are no other teams close that number. Cowboy fans will certainly be watching the Steelers Giants game this Sunday because if the Giants lose, that might be the tipping point but if not, it will certainly mean the division title is all but won.

I don't typically root for the Steelers, but this Sunday.. GO STEELERS!

Old 12-02-2016, 06:05 AM

20,516 posts, read 33,561,459 times
Yeah they need a break bad. 3 games in 11 days.

Old 12-02-2016, 06:42 AM

Just heard on the radio that if either the Redskins or Bucs loose on Sunday, the Cowboys clinch at least a WIld Card spot..

Old 12-02-2016, 07:32 AM

1,281 posts, read 777,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Just heard on the radio that if either the Redskins or Bucs loose on Sunday, the Cowboys clinch at least a WIld Card spot..
I'm rooting for the Bucs to lose because I need the skins to keep winning so the eagles have no shot of making the playoffs

Old 12-02-2016, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
I'm rooting for the Bucs to lose because I need the skins to keep winning so the eagles have no shot of making the playoffs
The Eagles are on life support anyway.

Old 12-02-2016, 08:09 AM

Quote:
The Eagles are on life support anyway.
One more eagles loss should do it. Their fans think they can run the table. Lol

Old 12-02-2016, 08:41 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
Quote:
i think san diego beating tampa bay is more likely than arizona beating washington.

Old 12-02-2016, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i think san diego beating tampa bay is more likely than arizona beating washington.
You are right about that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football