Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2016, 07:46 AM

1,281 posts, read 777,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
I'm no ban wagon fan, no fair weather supporter of players. I've been saying it since day one, that when Romo was healthy, YOU BRING HIM BACK. Well, now I'm screaming it.

1. Cowboys win that game last night to something in the tune of 35-0 if Romo is in.

2. Dak didn't just look like a rookie, he looked like a bad and pathetic rookie, completely lost.

3. All the nay sayers here talking about not benching him to effect his precious psyche. WTF is wrong with you? This is the NFL. Romo is an all-pro QB, proven through and though, thick and thin and NEVER had the O-line Dak has, or a consistent running game except for 2014. Dak still had more time to pass last night then Romo EVER did and look how pathetic he was

4. Romo is a warrior, he will fight to the end for you. Dak is turning into a pouter, you could see it last night, you talk about stuff going to his head if you pull him, he was convinced he was God-like through the first twelve games through a false illusion of playing behind the best NFL line out there, the best running game out there and more time to pass than any QB is recent NFL history, all within a schemed well designed game plan catered specifically to him. When that unraveled, as it did last night and as it will during playoff time, you need a QB that just has it. Just feels the game and adjusts, and you have someone who does it better then anyone in the NFL with a heart of a lion standing on the sideline. ROMO!

5. Last night is EXACTLY how the Cowboys first (one and done) playoff game will go if you don't put Romo in.

Here's you future Cowboys fan if you stay the course.

12-4 Season finish,

30-10 loss, round one in the playoffs, next year Romo is playing in Denver.

Bring Romo in now. 14-2 Finish and about a 75% chance you win the SB.

These are just facts, you can face them or noT. If you want to protect the fragile psyche of your precious rookie QB and lose out, so be it. If you want another ring, put the man in who will get it done!

Last night was PATHETIC!!!!!!!

Romo is not coming in unless dak is injured. And romo the same offensive line last season and in 2014
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2016, 10:51 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,659,380 times
Barring an injury, Prescott IS the Cowboy's QB. Yes, he looked shaky yesterday but give the Giant's defense some credit, they played great. Several factors played into Dak's poor play not the least of which that the receivers couldn't seem to get open and also, where the hell is Dez during these types of games? He just kind of disappears. I never thought they were an 11-1 team anyway. They are a good, solid team but there are better teams in the league.

Old 12-12-2016, 11:16 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
Quote:
I'm no ban wagon fan, no fair weather supporter of players. I've been saying it since day one, that when Romo was healthy, YOU BRING HIM BACK. Well, now I'm screaming it.

1. Cowboys win that game last night to something in the tune of 35-0 if Romo is in.

2. Dak didn't just look like a rookie, he looked like a bad and pathetic rookie, completely lost.

3. All the nay sayers here talking about not benching him to effect his precious psyche. WTF is wrong with you? This is the NFL. Romo is an all-pro QB, proven through and though, thick and thin and NEVER had the O-line Dak has, or a consistent running game except for 2014. Dak still had more time to pass last night then Romo EVER did and look how pathetic he was

4. Romo is a warrior, he will fight to the end for you. Dak is turning into a pouter, you could see it last night, you talk about stuff going to his head if you pull him, he was convinced he was God-like through the first twelve games through a false illusion of playing behind the best NFL line out there, the best running game out there and more time to pass than any QB is recent NFL history, all within a schemed well designed game plan catered specifically to him. When that unraveled, as it did last night and as it will during playoff time, you need a QB that just has it. Just feels the game and adjusts, and you have someone who does it better then anyone in the NFL with a heart of a lion standing on the sideline. ROMO!

5. Last night is EXACTLY how the Cowboys first (one and done) playoff game will go if you don't put Romo in.

Here's you future Cowboys fan if you stay the course.

12-4 Season finish,

30-10 loss, round one in the playoffs, next year Romo is playing in Denver.

Bring Romo in now. 14-2 Finish and about a 75% chance you win the SB.

These are just facts, you can face them or noT. If you want to protect the fragile psyche of your precious rookie QB and lose out, so be it. If you want another ring, put the man in who will get it done!

Last night was PATHETIC!!!!!!!
blind allegiance to a particular quarterback, in this case romo, gets you nowhere. you make a lot of claims, but let me give you a bit of a reality check here, romo would not have had a better game last night than prescott did. the giants were motivated to beat the cowboys last night, more so than the cowboys were motivated to beat the giants.

why? if the cowboys won last night, they would have sewn up the division. the giants on the other hand are fighting tooth and nail for a playoff spot. had they lost, the giants would have had a tougher road to the playoffs. so right now both teams control their own destiny to the playoffs, and the giants are still alive in the hunt for the division title as well, though they need A LOT of help.

now to romo, sorry but he is the cowboys past, prescott is the future. right now romo is still rather delicate, and with some of the hits that prescott took last night, romo might have had another season ending injury, and then we have to rely on sanchez again as the back up QB.

another thing, even though he didnt show it last night, prescott is far more mobile than romo, and romo would not have been able to avoid many of the rushed that prescott did last night.

sorry i think you are too blind to see what is in front of you.

Old 12-12-2016, 01:18 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,775,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
blind allegiance to a particular quarterback, in this case romo, gets you nowhere. you make a lot of claims, but let me give you a bit of a reality check here, romo would not have had a better game last night than prescott did. the giants were motivated to beat the cowboys last night, more so than the cowboys were motivated to beat the giants.

why? if the cowboys won last night, they would have sewn up the division. the giants on the other hand are fighting tooth and nail for a playoff spot. had they lost, the giants would have had a tougher road to the playoffs. so right now both teams control their own destiny to the playoffs, and the giants are still alive in the hunt for the division title as well, though they need A LOT of help.

now to romo, sorry but he is the cowboys past, prescott is the future. right now romo is still rather delicate, and with some of the hits that prescott took last night, romo might have had another season ending injury, and then we have to rely on sanchez again as the back up QB.

another thing, even though he didnt show it last night, prescott is far more mobile than romo, and romo would not have been able to avoid many of the rushed that prescott did last night.

sorry i think you are too blind to see what is in front of you.
I have been VERY closely watching the situation all season. I don't just do the blind, ra, ra were are 11-1 like so many fans. I take what my team gives me and winning it was, but still always see the weaknesses, as hopefully do the coaching staff. With parity being so close now in the NFL, as a franchise, you take your very best hand and play it to the fullest WHEN YOU HAVE IT, period. And what I saw from Dak last light was ROOKIE, QB, who's beginners luck just ran out.

He was slow to react
They got in is head early on.
When he threw that pick, he did not come out slinging like Romo or a seasoned QB would, he got gaurded and protective and hesitant and lost all confidence. You could see it in his eyes. He stopped playing and started second guessing himself. More hesitation, then sack, sack and more hideous throws WAY off the mark to wide open receivers. THAT is a ROOKIE QB. And THAT is what you're going to see come playoff time.

I do not argue that Dak will be the future franchise QB of this team, but he is NOT ready and yes despite a club record 11 wins in a row. Yes, I suspect he will play better next week and I suspect we will beat Tampa. But come playoff time, he is going to choke. I will guarantee it.

Romo would give this team the very best chance to make a SB run. Period!

Old 12-12-2016, 03:34 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,561,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Why was the coaching terrible? Is it possible the Giant defense just played well? Except the third and 11 pitch, what play calls were wrong?
Because it was. Abandoning your identity only down by three. Not throwing any screens or reacting to blitzes or breakdown to pressures. Lack of adjustments especially within the game. The coaching did not put the players in a position to succeed. Also, to not have your best offensive player on the field in the last possession of the game is horrible. Also having Dunbar in the game on 3rd downs and in the 4th quarters need to stop.

Last edited by Spade; 12-12-2016 at 04:17 PM..

Old 12-12-2016, 04:56 PM

4,667 posts, read 3,866,003 times
Dear Cowboys,
If you can beat the Lions &/or the Buccaneers in the coming weeks that would help us a lot in reaching the playoffs. So please do it.

Signed,

Green Bay Packers (Go Cowboys . . . for the next 2 weeks)

Old 12-12-2016, 05:04 PM

Quote:
I have been VERY closely watching the situation all season. I don't just do the blind, ra, ra were are 11-1 like so many fans. I take what my team gives me and winning it was, but still always see the weaknesses, as hopefully do the coaching staff. With parity being so close now in the NFL, as a franchise, you take your very best hand and play it to the fullest WHEN YOU HAVE IT, period. And what I saw from Dak last light was ROOKIE, QB, who's beginners luck just ran out.

He was slow to react
When he threw that pick, he did not come out slinging like Romo or a seasoned QB would, he got gaurded and protective and hesitant and lost all confidence. You could see it in his eyes. He stopped playing and started second guessing himself. More hesitation, then sack, sack and more hideous throws WAY off the mark to wide open receivers. THAT is a ROOKIE QB. And THAT is what you're going to see come playoff time.

I do not argue that Dak will be the future franchise QB of this team, but he is NOT ready and yes despite a club record 11 wins in a row. Yes, I suspect he will play better next week and I suspect we will beat Tampa. But come playoff time, he is going to choke. I will guarantee it.

The same Romo who is 0-3 in NFC Divisional Games? I am sick of people acting like Romo accomplished so much when he was the starter.

2006-wildcard loss-fumble
2007-nfc divisional loss-int
2008-came up small in do or die game at end of season vs eagles-offense score 6 pts
2009-loss in nfc divisional game
2010-hurt
2011-started every game-no playoffs
2012-started every game-no playoffs
2013-started 15 games-no playoffs
2014-nfc divisional game lost
2015-hurt

So what exactly is he supposed to do if he comes in and start?

Old 12-12-2016, 10:25 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
Quote:

He was slow to react

you have this hard on for romo, but you dont see the reality. romo certainly has the experience, but he does make mistakes. prescott makes mistakes, and is learning fast, but still needs some seasoning.

romo had a similar team to this one in 2014, and he took them to the playoffs, but romo is getting old, and he lacks mobility. even if romo had been playing all season i doubt the cowboys would be 11-2, more like 10-3 or 9-4.

i am a big romo fan, but i do see the reality here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Dear Cowboys,
If you can beat the Lions &/or the Buccaneers in the coming weeks that would help us a lot in reaching the playoffs. So please do it.

Signed,

Green Bay Packers (Go Cowboys . . . for the next 2 weeks)
we shall endeavor to make your wishes come true, the bucs are up first.

Old 12-13-2016, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
you have this hard on for romo, but you dont see the reality. romo certainly has the experience, but he does make mistakes. prescott makes mistakes, and is learning fast, but still needs some seasoning.

romo had a similar team to this one in 2014, and he took them to the playoffs, but romo is getting old, and he lacks mobility. even if romo had been playing all season i doubt the cowboys would be 11-2, more like 10-3 or 9-4.

i am a big romo fan, but i do see the reality here.

we shall endeavor to make your wishes come true, the bucs are up first.
They need the skins to lose too

Old 12-13-2016, 05:18 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,665,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
The same Romo who is 0-3 in NFC Divisional Games? I am sick of people acting like Romo accomplished so much when he was the starter.

2006-wildcard loss-fumble
2007-nfc divisional loss-int
2008-came up small in do or die game at end of season vs eagles-offense score 6 pts
2009-loss in nfc divisional game
2010-hurt
2011-started every game-no playoffs
2012-started every game-no playoffs
2013-started 15 games-no playoffs
2014-nfc divisional game lost
2015-hurt

So what exactly is he supposed to do if he comes in and start?
This is a nice breakdown... Maybe its not Romo's fault the Cowboys haven't done much during his tenure. Maybe they just never had the team around him. Maybe they were 8-8 3 years in a row because of Romos greatness and would have been much worse without him... I for one have been a big romo fan since day 1.. well, since the Thanksgiving Day game in 2006 (vs the Bucs BTW). I can safely say, i am done with romo, no more magic tricks, no more 'watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat' tricks from romo because yes, he can do things that most QBs simply cannot but he will also do things that Great QBs will not. I have been waiting too long for the Cowboys to find ROmo's replacement and now they have.. time to move on..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football