Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2016, 05:03 AM

1,281 posts, read 777,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i dont see prescott having another bad game against tampa bay this week, though it could happen. dallas ran into two teams with very good defenses, that were also very aggressive. so the question is, did prescott learn anything from these two games? did the rest of the team learn anything from these two games? and what do we the fans take away from these two games?

as for us fans, while the giants glow in the light of victory, it was a hard fought game on the defense of both sides. i think prescott goes back over these games and figures out what mistakes he made, and what he could have done better, and applies these lessons to tampa bay.

i doubt that he will be benched unless he has a terrible game, perhaps throwing more than two interceptions, having a couple of fumbles lost, and dallas loses the game by more than 20 points.

Well if they do lose the game on Sunday atleast I'm off on Monday. Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2016, 01:13 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,775,982 times
I'm predicting Dak will struggle again and it will play out something like this....Teams watch film and they utilize any advantageous taken by the previous teams and make you prove you've fixed these problems. Getting in Dak's head was VERY evident the past few weeks. Tampa will try and do so early on. Errant throws, a pick or two, freezing up like a deer in headlights will happen again. Dallas might win this game in a similar style to that of the Minnesota win, but Dak will clearly have been exposed. He's just not read for the playoffs and ole Jerry and Garret know it.

Trust me on this, they have had secret meetings on how to get Romo back into the game without it seeming like a dish on Dak. These are NFL players, not prom queen candidates and some of you all are acting like we must not hurt the fragile confidence of Dak. If he has some grit and fight in him, NOW is the time he best show it. He needs to play and stop thinking so much. NFL QB's have time to react, not think and react. He was so slow to make his reads the past few weeks.

I'm predicting Dallas eeks out a win, but Dak will continue to struggle and Romo will be in against Detroit and will ride this team right into the SB.

You heard it here first.

Last edited by alaskaboy; 12-15-2016 at 01:27 PM..

Old 12-15-2016, 01:17 PM

158 posts, read 73,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
I'm predicting Dak will struggle again and it will play out something like this....Teams watch film and they utilize any advantageous taken by the previous teams and make you prove you've fixed these problems. Getting in Dak's head was VERY evident the past few weeks. Tampa will try and do so early on. Errant throws, a pick or two, freezing up like a deer in headlights will happen again. Dallas might win this game in a similar style to that of the Minnesota win, but Dak will clearly have been exposed. He's just not read for the playoffs and ole Jerry and Garret know it.

Trust me on this, they have had secret meetings on how to get Romo back into the game without it seeming like a dish on Dak. These are NFL players, not prom queen candidates and some of you all are acting like me must not hurt the fragile confidence of Dak. If he has some grit and fight in him, NOW is the time he best show it. He needs to play and stop thinking so much. NFL QB's have time to react, not think and react. He was so slow to make his reads the past few weeks.

I'm predicting Dallas weeks out a win, but Dak will continue to struggle and Romo will be in against Detroit and will ride this team right into the SB.

You heard it here first.

I am a BIG Cowboy fan....I gotta admit, I gotta get me some of whatever it is Alaska is taking. I like it!!!!

Old 12-15-2016, 01:19 PM

158 posts, read 73,740 times
Throw this out there....I get is a huge hypothetical, but hey, its a slow day....Hypothetical, Romo gets back as the starting QB for the last 2 games and hypothetical they go on a run and win the SB....does a SB victory get Romo in the HOF?

Old 12-15-2016, 02:09 PM

Quote:

Trust me on this, they have had secret meetings on how to get Romo back into the game without it seeming like a dish on Dak. These are NFL players, not prom queen candidates and some of you all are acting like we must not hurt the fragile confidence of Dak. If he has some grit and fight in him, NOW is the time he best show it. He needs to play and stop thinking so much. NFL QB's have time to react, not think and react. He was so slow to make his reads the past few weeks.

I'm predicting Dallas eeks out a win, but Dak will continue to struggle and Romo will be in against Detroit and will ride this team right into the SB.

You heard it here first.
So he is going to ride the team to the SB all of a sudden when he couldn't do it between 2006 and 2014?

Old 12-15-2016, 03:38 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,665,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryffendor View Post
Throw this out there....I get is a huge hypothetical, but hey, its a slow day....Hypothetical, Romo gets back as the starting QB for the last 2 games and hypothetical they go on a run and win the SB....does a SB victory get Romo in the HOF?
Initially i would say no.. lets say (hypothetically) ROmo takes over, gets hot and leads the Cowboys to a SUper BOwl plus he wins MVP.. That would certainly start the HOF voters talking, but I think he would need to put another couple of really good years on top this.. say 2 more Pro Bowl type years with the Cowboys, or any team really then yea.. he might get in..

Old 12-15-2016, 04:34 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
Quote:

You heard it here first.
what drugs are you taking, i want some. i am a romo supporter, and have been since he took over for bledsoe. but romos time is past, at least in dallas. as for prescotts confidence, i dont think it is all that fragile, he is a tough kid who gets back up after being knocked down. if romo gets in the game, it will probably be the eagles game, and only because the division has been wrapped up, and they want to rest prescott for a playoff run.

as for the tripe you posted about the other teams studying game film on prescott, DUH!!! every team does that. they ALL study film on EVERY game they play, including their own. you can bet that when prescott is not on the practice field, he is studying game film on the last few games he has played to figure out what he did wrong, what mistakes he made in reading defenses, and he is studying game film of tampa bays defense to see if there are any weaknesses there he can exploit, and he is looking for possible changes in their defenses for the variety of quarterbacks they played against.

and you can bet that romo is sitting right beside him coaching him all the way. romo wants to win as much as prescott does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
So he is going to ride the team to the SB all of a sudden when he couldn't do it between 2006 and 2014?
excellent question. too bad alaskaboy cant answer it.

Old 12-15-2016, 09:35 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,561,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryffendor View Post
Giants were putting 8 and 9 guys in the box Mon night....When that happens, it is unrealistic to expect 6 guys to block them. That is when Dak has to burn them....it didn't happen, he had an off game....you want to say the Viking game was an off game, I will agree. Its 2 games....they are 11-2. There seems to be some underlying panic because he had 2 off games. can we settle down and let this play out
He ran for 86 yards in the first half against that same 8 to 9 in the box on what I believe was 16 carries. That's over 5 yards per carry. He only got the ball 8 times in the second half. That's pathetic play calling. You run some misdirections , bring in a fullback, something. You have been going up against 8 and 9 guys in the box all season. That should not stop you from doing what you do best. This is not a passing team. This team will go as the run game takes them.

Old 12-17-2016, 07:53 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times
I think that the Cowboys needed a loss. A little humility does wonders to re-light a fire. The Offense has been under performing for a few weeks.

Old 12-17-2016, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I think that the Cowboys needed a loss. A little humility does wonders to re-light a fire. The Offense has been under performing for a few weeks.
I agree I just wish it wasn't against the Giants but the big picture atleast it came before January.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football