Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2016, 02:42 PM

1,281 posts, read 777,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Osweiler was winning last year but they felt Manning gives them the best chances in the playoffs. They've inserted Manning back even though he didn't play well the whole season. If you look at Prescott this season, Zeke is the most consistent offensive player. I am thinking that Romo may play in one game maybe for a half or a quarter just to get him prepared if Jones decides to call him into a big game. If they face the Giants again, you see the same matchup you wanna send Prescott out there again for his 3rd Loss against the Giants?

I support dak and done with the romo era. Romo has failed from 2006 to 2014 and had his chance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2016, 02:46 PM

158 posts, read 73,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
When was the last time a QB was benched and he was winning?

Earl Morrall took the 72 Dolphins from I believe it was game 3 or 4, undefeated into the playoffs....Shula then went back to Griese....It actually may have been the SB that he went back to Griese with. Not sure if Morrall played in the playoffs or not....More recently I believe Osweiller had a winning record when Kubiak went back to Manning....Craig Morton had a winning record with the Cowboys when he was benched for Staubach.

Old 12-19-2016, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryffendor View Post
Earl Morrall took the 72 Dolphins from I believe it was game 3 or 4, undefeated into the playoffs....Shula then went back to Griese....It actually may have been the SB that he went back to Griese with. Not sure if Morrall played in the playoffs or not....More recently I believe Osweiller had a winning record when Kubiak went back to Manning....Craig Morton had a winning record with the Cowboys when he was benched for Staubach.

Well they are not benching a guy who is 12-2 as a starter with 20 TD passes, 6 rushing TD's and 4 Ints. Plus Romo don't have the reputation of a Peyton Manning who won a SB and been to numerous championship games. If he did then it would be very possible that they would put him in the lineup but he is 0-3 as a starter in NFC divisional games.

Old 12-19-2016, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
Well they are not benching a guy who is 12-2 as a starter with 20 TD passes, 6 rushing TD's and 4 Ints. Plus Romo don't have the reputation of a Peyton Manning who won a SB and been to numerous championship games. If he did then it would be very possible that they would put him in the lineup but he is 0-3 as a starter in NFC divisional games.
Hold on....I wasn't comparing Romo to Manning
YOU said when has it ever been done that they benched a guy when he was winning. All I replied with was in the only undefeated season by a team (playoffs included), Shula benched Morral who I believe was something like 10-0 (check the exact record)....My feeling deep down, is Romo a better QB than Dak is, RIGHT NOW....YES....Do you bench Dak, absolutely not....not with a 12-2 record....if they go to Romo, they better do it now. You cant expect him to kick off the rust if you go to him in the playoffs

My feeling is you have to ride Dak and see how it plays out

Old 12-19-2016, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Hold on....I wasn't comparing Romo to Manning
YOU said when has it ever been done that they benched a guy when he was winning. All I replied with was in the only undefeated season by a team (playoffs included), Shula benched Morral who I believe was something like 10-0 (check the exact record)....My feeling deep down, is Romo a better QB than Dak is, RIGHT NOW....YES....Do you bench Dak, absolutely not....not with a 12-2 record....if they go to Romo, they better do it now. You cant expect him to kick off the rust if you go to him in the playoffs

My feeling is you have to ride Dak and see how it plays out

They not going to romo so it's a dead topic. You will see Romo for the last time in a cowboys uniform in the last game of the season.

Old 12-19-2016, 03:27 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,665,751 times
Barring injury, Romo is not going to be taking snaps in the Playoffs...

Old 12-19-2016, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Romo didn't move all that well before the surgery in the beginning of last season so you now it would be worst now.

Old 12-19-2016, 03:35 PM

Quote:

I agree, I didn't say he was. I will say this, knowing JJ, If they would have lost yesterday and if Dak had a bad game, I think they would have made the switch to Romo for Detroit. I get its all speculation and I just hope they keep winning

I hope JJ does the right thing for Romo and basically cuts him so he can find a new team if he wants to continue to play....you cant trade him because nobody wants to assume a $20 mil contract for a 36 yr old QB coming off surgery. Cut him so he can go play with another team at on a new contract

Old 12-19-2016, 05:19 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,665,751 times
Quote:
I agree, I didn't say he was. I will say this, knowing JJ, If they would have lost yesterday and if Dak had a bad game, I think they would have made the switch to Romo for Detroit. I get its all speculation and I just hope they keep winning

I hope JJ does the right thing for Romo and basically cuts him so he can find a new team if he wants to continue to play....you cant trade him because nobody wants to assume a $20 mil contract for a 36 yr old QB coming off surgery. Cut him so he can go play with another team at on a new contract
They might eventually CUT him, but no doubt they will first entertain trade offers... A team like the Broncos could afford the contract knowing that in a few years they will cut him and move on but in those few years they can contend for a Super Bowl.

Old 12-19-2016, 06:31 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,233,035 times
Quote:
They might eventually CUT him, but no doubt they will first entertain trade offers... A team like the Broncos could afford the contract knowing that in a few years they will cut him and move on but in those few years they can contend for a Super Bowl.
Got to believe John Elway is too smart to TRADE for Tony Romo....

If Elway is honest with himself he knows the Broncos have one of the worst Offensive Lines in football, absorbing a 20+ million dollar/year contract on an injury prone older QB and putting him behind THAT offensive line is just asking for 20 million dollars on IR

Add to that the fact that the Broncos have only just over 6 million in cap space, even if you can fit Romo under the cap you aren't fixing the O Line at the same time...that Denver Defense doesn't come cheap, highest paid defense in the NFL

I could see Romo ending up in Denver with a cap friendly contract high on incentives if he is cut by Dallas but even then with that O Line unlikely he makes it through the season.

Niners and Jags have a TON of Cap space and both teams need a QB....one of those teams may push hard for a trade before Dallas decides to cut Romo.... they would both have high draft picks to offer as well, higher than Denvers....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football