Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2016, 12:08 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times

Advertisements

i doubt that prescott will be benched after tonight. this is only the second game he has lost all season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2016, 12:16 AM

1,281 posts, read 776,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i doubt that prescott will be benched after tonight. this is only the second game he has lost all season.
I'm expecting him to bounce back next week and lead the cowboys to a win

Old 12-12-2016, 12:23 AM

4,454 posts, read 3,394,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
I'm expecting him to bounce back next week and lead the cowboys to a win
I'm very confident he'll finish the regular season with a win because of how well he's been playing.

Old 12-12-2016, 01:57 AM

5,163 posts, read 3,658,020 times
Benching Prescott would be stupid. That would do more harm then good. You want your athlete's state of mind to be just as in shape as his body, and benching Prescott would have the repercussions of letting doubt creep in if he does make a mistake. That is why fans dont coach!

Old 12-12-2016, 04:56 AM

20,516 posts, read 33,551,374 times
Not only did the players probably need this loss, but the coaches too. The coaching was terrible in the 2nd half. Stephen needs to put a muzzle on Jerry. Shut up with your constant fantasy with Romo.

Old 12-12-2016, 05:21 AM

1,281 posts, read 776,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
I'm very confident he'll finish the regular season with a win because of how well he's been playing.
I'm more shocked than disappointed.

Old 12-12-2016, 05:34 AM

158 posts, read 73,683 times
The positive from last nights game....the defense really stepped up (outside of literally 1 play), it was a real pleasure watching our defense force 3 and outs, punts, turnovers....Dak didn't have a good game. Anyone even thinking you bench a QB based on 1 or 2 off games, just isn't a real football fan. I am a huge Romo supporter, but you cant bench this kid because he had 2 "off" games (Minn was an off game as well)....People thought I was crazy when I posted a few weeks ago that I would rather see Seattle in the playoffs than the Giants

Old 12-12-2016, 06:52 AM

1,276 posts, read 1,775,526 times
I'm no ban wagon fan, no fair weather supporter of players. I've been saying it since day one, that when Romo was healthy, YOU BRING HIM BACK. Well, now I'm screaming it.

1. Cowboys win that game last night to something in the tune of 35-0 if Romo is in.

2. Dak didn't just look like a rookie, he looked like a bad and pathetic rookie, completely lost.

3. All the nay sayers here talking about not benching him to effect his precious psyche. WTF is wrong with you? This is the NFL. Romo is an all-pro QB, proven through and though, thick and thin and NEVER had the O-line Dak has, or a consistent running game except for 2014. Dak still had more time to pass last night then Romo EVER did and look how pathetic he was

4. Romo is a warrior, he will fight to the end for you. Dak is turning into a pouter, you could see it last night, you talk about stuff going to his head if you pull him, he was convinced he was God-like through the first twelve games through a false illusion of playing behind the best NFL line out there, the best running game out there and more time to pass than any QB is recent NFL history, all within a schemed well designed game plan catered specifically to him. When that unraveled, as it did last night and as it will during playoff time, you need a QB that just has it. Just feels the game and adjusts, and you have someone who does it better then anyone in the NFL with a heart of a lion standing on the sideline. ROMO!

5. Last night is EXACTLY how the Cowboys first (one and done) playoff game will go if you don't put Romo in.

Here's you future Cowboys fan if you stay the course.

12-4 Season finish,

30-10 loss, round one in the playoffs, next year Romo is playing in Denver.

Bring Romo in now. 14-2 Finish and about a 75% chance you win the SB.

These are just facts, you can face them or noT. If you want to protect the fragile psyche of your precious rookie QB and lose out, so be it. If you want another ring, put the man in who will get it done!

Last night was PATHETIC!!!!!!!

Last edited by alaskaboy; 12-12-2016 at 07:06 AM..

Old 12-12-2016, 07:20 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,164,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Not only did the players probably need this loss, but the coaches too. The coaching was terrible in the 2nd half. Stephen needs to put a muzzle on Jerry. Shut up with your constant fantasy with Romo.
Why was the coaching terrible? Is it possible the Giant defense just played well? Except the third and 11 pitch, what play calls were wrong?

Old 12-12-2016, 07:22 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,164,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
I'm no ban wagon fan, no fair weather supporter of players. I've been saying it since day one, that when Romo was healthy, YOU BRING HIM BACK. Well, now I'm screaming it.

1. Cowboys win that game last night to something in the tune of 35-0 if Romo is in.

2. Dak didn't just look like a rookie, he looked like a bad and pathetic rookie, completely lost.

3. All the nay sayers here talking about not benching him to effect his precious psyche. WTF is wrong with you? This is the NFL. Romo is an all-pro QB, proven through and though, thick and thin and NEVER had the O-line Dak has, or a consistent running game except for 2014. Dak still had more time to pass last night then Romo EVER did and look how pathetic he was

4. Romo is a warrior, he will fight to the end for you. Dak is turning into a pouter, you could see it last night, you talk about stuff going to his head if you pull him, he was convinced he was God-like through the first twelve games through a false illusion of playing behind the best NFL line out there, the best running game out there and more time to pass than any QB is recent NFL history, all within a schemed well designed game plan catered specifically to him. When that unraveled, as it did last night and as it will during playoff time, you need a QB that just has it. Just feels the game and adjusts, and you have someone who does it better then anyone in the NFL with a heart of a lion standing on the sideline. ROMO!

5. Last night is EXACTLY how the Cowboys first (one and done) playoff game will go if you don't put Romo in.

Here's you future Cowboys fan if you stay the course.

12-4 Season finish,

30-10 loss, round one in the playoffs, next year Romo is playing in Denver.

Bring Romo in now. 14-2 Finish and about a 75% chance you win the SB.

These are just facts, you can face them or noT. If you want to protect the fragile psyche of your precious rookie QB and lose out, so be it. If you want another ring, put the man in who will get it done!

Last night was PATHETIC!!!!!!!
Please as a Giant fan...BRING BACK ROMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football