Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2021, 09:10 AM

796 posts, read 506,161 times

Advertisements

Panthers are a good test to see how good this team is this year. Sam Darnold has beaten the Cowboys before when the Jets were a winless team. Panthers D has improved a lot as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2021, 11:26 AM

3,267 posts, read 5,641,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VABlkCONSERV View Post
Panthers are a good test to see how good this team is this year. Sam Darnold has beaten the Cowboys before when the Jets were a winless team. Panthers D has improved a lot as well.
All true.

Darnold hasn't beaten this defense.

As I've said over and over the Dallas defense in 2020 was a Mike Nolan chit show. He's to blame along with Fat Mac letting it go as long as it did. Dan Quinn requested certain kinds of players on defense and the Cowboy front office went out and got them including 11 defensive draft picks. Dallas now has pretty good safety play (with Donovan Wilson out Kearse, Kayzee, and Malik Hooker have been great), Trevon Diggs, CB, named NFC defensive player of the month. Anthony Brown is a weakness on the other side but 2 rookies waiting in the wings. Teams are going at Brown regularly.

LB'er play has been OK with Parsons filling in for Tank Lawrence at DE (out for the next 5-6 weeks - broken bone/foot). On the DL the Cowboys started 3 rookies Monday night and hassled Jalen Hurts all night. Cows have depth, cheap depth.

So, yes, I agree that the 3-0 Carolina Pussycats will be (another) test. Cowboys have played much stronger competition with the Pussycats only quality opponent/win being over New Orleans who had 8 coaches out under COVID Protocols the week they played them . . . duh! The Carolina D is for real and the Cows have a hurt Amari Cooper and missing Michael Gallup so their receiving corps is down some. I am quite interested in how the Cow's OL does against Carol. They've been down an All-Pro/Pro Bowler every game and did well every time out. All 3 DL's they've faced were top-line DL's.

Rookies stepping up all over for the 'Boys. FTR I hope everyone under rates my Cowboys all year and all they can see is the 2020 Cowboys. This ain't them!

Old 10-11-2021, 04:46 PM

4 - 1

*yawn*

Old 10-12-2021, 11:07 AM

Really loving the complementary football my Boys playing. The energy and chemistry I'm seeing is great. Even the offense doesn't like leaving meat on the bones (when they missed that open TD).

Still need to get more sacks on the opposing QB.

Old 10-12-2021, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VABlkCONSERV View Post
Really loving the complementary football my Boys playing. The energy and chemistry I'm seeing is great. Even the offense doesn't like leaving meat on the bones (when they missed that open TD).

Still need to get more sacks on the opposing QB.
5 sacks vs Carolina then none last week. Need DLaw back to change the dynamics up. Gregory's motor was running wide open but he was always a step late.

Really up tight about facing Belichick and his ability to game plan. On paper we should beat them by 10 nut . . . . any given Sunday!

Old 10-13-2021, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
5 sacks vs Carolina then none last week. Need DLaw back to change the dynamics up. Gregory's motor was running wide open but he was always a step late.

Really up tight about facing Belichick and his ability to game plan. On paper we should beat them by 10 nut . . . . any given Sunday!
Agree BobTex, we do need DLaw back.

We should beat Pats but I worry it may be a trap game.

Mac Jones was a good pick by them and he doing pretty well with what weapons they have but he did throw 3 picks against Saints and one being a pick 6. Hopefully our coach and DC confuse coverages and throw some disguised stuff to throw him off. U know how Belichek usually throw off new and young QBs. He even shut out Herbert last year and Herbert been ballin this year and did pretty well last year.

I have a feeling Belicheck gonna focus on our run game so I hope Dak can throw on them like he did against Bucs (even tho that was a L but could've been a W but I digress).

Old 10-13-2021, 07:08 PM

2,047 posts, read 862,337 times
As a lifelong Cowboys fan dating back to the 1970s, it’s been over a decade since I’ve seen the Cowboys team with this type of spark all the way around. Barring key injuries or just a collapse of some kind, this team should do something special this year. It’s perfectly capable of it. Yes I know we didn’t get any sacks last week but the pass rush is still better than anything we’ve seen in years. They get up that field and pressure that quarterback extraordinarily quick. This team plays with fire, swagger, and discipline. On the offensive side of the ball, this is the most talented office we’ve seen in forever. Dak he’s not only making multiple reads when he drops back to pass he’s making them quickly. He’s made some throws and reads that remind me of Peyton Manning. And that’s no easy feat.

See we true SB contenders? Again barring major injury, I would have to say yes we are. What team in the league could we not go face-to-face with and compete head to head with and possibly beat? I don’t think there’s anyone. So that alone makes us contenders. Very early in the season but the NFC East should be in the bag and we should already be jockeying for home-field advantage. At least one home game.

Old 11-01-2021, 08:06 AM

Congrats to my Cowboys and their win over Minny last night with noodle armed Cooper Rush. I knew hardly nothing about the Vikes and thought they were better. Cowboys have had trouble with Kirk Cousins and Dalvin Cook in the past. Seems when Dallas played them in 2019 Cook had over 160 yards. Cousins was mediocre at best.

Cooper Rush made plays when he needed too. Amazing performance when considering his pro experience which was negligible. Dallas seems to be doing something special playing as a TEAM !

Old 11-01-2021, 08:12 AM

14,333 posts, read 14,641,732 times
It was a great game! Pack fans in comments at Packers.com talking about Cowboys, Packers in the playoffs!

Me, I want them to beat Chiefs Sunday, plus get healthy! Fun to watch Cooper! Any time Vikes lose not a bad thing!

Seeing you down the road might be happening!

Old 11-01-2021, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
It was a great game! Pack fans in comments at Packers.com talking about Cowboys, Packers in the playoffs!

Me, I want them to beat Chiefs Sunday, plus get healthy! Fun to watch Cooper! Any time Vikes lose not a bad thing!

Seeing you down the road might be happening!
Obviously this seems to be a possibility as both our teams play in divisions with little competition. Health is a must obviously. Not looking too far ahead but I see Dallas with 4 tougher games out of 10 remaining. KC looks pretty meh, Vegas is dangerous, New Orleans has Sean Payton and that makes them dangerous, and we play Arizona Jan. 2. Those 4 will challenge probably.

Obviously there's the "any given Sunday" deal. Home field should be the goal along with a bye.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football