Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2010, 07:55 AM

4,866 posts, read 6,929,879 times

Advertisements

Now that it's the morning after the game, I hope Romo finally got some sleep. Your adrenaline can really get going when you find that you're running for your life. He had to see purple people coming after him whenever he dozed. The most terrified quarterback I've seen in years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2010, 11:28 AM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
BIG NEWS:
Jerry Jones said he's keeping Wade for another season. Which, again, could mean anything.....

Old 01-18-2010, 12:07 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,734,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
At least we made the playoffs (2nd round) AND we don't need to post an ad on Craigslist trying to find anyone willing to coach our team.
wow i love how everytime i comment bot something other than the Bills. Somebody trashes the Bills. Uh yeah i am a Bills fan and we are pissed. You don't think we know whats going on?! We are furious. We are outraged. Ralph Wilson finally did a clean house. Which a lot of us Bills fans are thankful for.
Anyways i hate the Cowboys with a grudge.. so i all i had to say about "America's team" is WOO HOO they lost. Not america's team anymore. wait never been

Old 01-18-2010, 12:50 PM

1,301 posts, read 2,110,927 times
Perhaps we can sucker some poor fool/s into taking Roy Williams like the Cowboys tried to do this year. You know....talk about how this is a different Roy Williams than last year, always complement his tremendous work ethic, and predict that, once again, next year will be a huge breakout year for him.

It would take an owner who's less than sane to actually fall for such crap, so I say we try to put him off on the Raiders

Just taking his obscene contract off the Cowboy's hands would be enough for me.

I suppose Wade Phillips deserves to be around for at least one more year. The Boys did make progress this season under him. They simply got spanked by the better team yesterday. Hopefully they'll improve and come back stronger next year.

If at any time next season they appear to be regressing, that's when I think JJ will show him the front door.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:27 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,443,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
I'm smug about it because everyone keeps bringing this up, joking or not, and it ain't a good time especially after the MAJOR let down.

It's a name. It's just a name. And it's more than just "fanboy commentators". The team has been good at marketing to the rest of the country. The Cowboys are a brand. If they're gonna be called "America's Team", then they're America's Team. Period.
No. No it's not just a name. And that's why it bugs people. Steel Curtain, Purple People Eaters, Orange Crush, these are just names, but when you start trying to claim the whole country - edit- this type of nonsense will not be tolerated on the football forum. I am not surprised, however, because I used to live in Texas (for a decade) and I saw this insecurity first-hand - I was constantly being reminded how everything in TX was "bigger and better". Anyway, I think it's hilarious that you're proud of the fact your team sold out to corporate "branding" interests. I hope that never happens here.

Yes - I will agree with you that it's more than fanboi commentators - it's cowardly "fans" who choose a "brand" over their home or even regional team(s) because they only want one thing - to be with what they perceive to be the fad, the trend -- the cool-kids team. So yeah, you've got that (gosh I'm so jealous) all sewn up, but you self-appointed big-shots got clobbered yesterday, so hold on to that security blanket for all it's worth.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 01-18-2010 at 05:34 PM.. Reason: personal insults

Old 01-18-2010, 03:24 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,551,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
No. No it's not just a name. And that's why it bugs people. Steel Curtain, Purple People Eaters, Orange Crush, these are just names, but when you start trying to claim the whole country - deleted I am not surprised, however, because I used to live in Texas (for a decade) and I saw this insecurity first-hand - I was constantly being reminded how everything in TX was "bigger and better". Anyway, I think it's hilarious that you're proud of the fact your team sold out to corporate "branding" interests. I hope that never happens here.

Yes - I will agree with you that it's more than fanboi commentators - it's cowardly "fans" who choose a "brand" over their home or even regional team(s) because they only want one thing - to be with what they perceive to be the fad, the trend -- the cool-kids team. So yeah, you've got that (gosh I'm so jealous) all sewn up, but you self-appointed big-shots got clobbered yesterday, so hold on to that security blanket for all it's worth.
And with all that said, win or lose, we're still America's Team and there's nothing you can do about it.

Quote:
Anyways i hate the Cowboys with a grudge.. so i all i had to say about "America's team" is WOO HOO they lost. Not america's team anymore. wait never been
I would too if my team lost by 35 and 17 in the superbowl meetings between the two.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 01-18-2010 at 05:43 PM..

Old 01-18-2010, 03:27 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,551,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I'm not suprised. Romo had 3 fumbles and an interception. That first fumble killed your momentum on that drive. You guys will not win with Romo at QB and Wade at head coach.
Romo had 2 fumbles not three and one of those fumbles was on the center because he pulled out to block before he successfully snapped the ball to Romo. Romo is not the reason we lost yesterday. He had a lack of protection and his receivers other than Austin and Witten, could not get open. It's not Romo's fault that Colombo couldn't block the wind yesterday. It's not Romo's fault that we had nobody on the left tackle spot to fill in for Flozell Adams. Romo had one of his best seasons ever and he did make mistakes. But he is not even close to being the reason we lost.

Old 01-18-2010, 03:32 PM

2,224 posts, read 3,614,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Romo had 2 fumbles not three and one of those fumbles was on the center because he pulled out to block before he successfully snapped the ball to Romo. Romo is not the reason we lost yesterday. He had a lack of protection and his receivers other than Austin and Witten, could not get open. It's not Romo's fault that Colombo couldn't block the wind yesterday. It's not Romo's fault that we had nobody on the left tackle spot to fill in for Flozell Adams. Romo had one of his best seasons ever and he did make mistakes. But he is not even close to being the reason we lost.

His 2 fumbles and Int's had no bearing on you guys losing? Are you serious?

Old 01-18-2010, 04:05 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,181,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by achickenchaser View Post
I suppose Wade Phillips deserves to be around for at least one more year. The Boys did make progress this season under him. They simply got spanked by the better team yesterday. Hopefully they'll improve and come back stronger next year.
Good perspective. Tim Cowlishaw (DMN) made this observation:

Quote:
...when a team ends a season with a 34-3 loss, the one thing it has to understand is that it ended when it was supposed to.

You would have to be delusional to say the Cowboys should have beaten Minnesota on Sunday.

When there are 31-point margins of victory in both NFC semifinals, then it's understood that the two best teams in the conference are still standing.
All good points, imo.

Old 01-18-2010, 04:08 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,181,746 times
Just hoping for a season that builds on this one, and not a step back like 2008.

Last edited by little elmer; 01-18-2010 at 04:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football