Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2017, 11:36 AM

6,799 posts, read 5,686,776 times

Advertisements

rbohm..
drugs..
who
i can't think of any one recently?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2017, 04:27 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,959,103 times
rolando mclain, randy gregory, demarcus lawrence ring a bell? this came out in july 2016;

Dallas Cowboys face stiff fine for having three suspended players

Old 01-25-2017, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
rolando mclain, randy gregory, demarcus lawrence ring a bell? this came out in july 2016;

Dallas Cowboys face stiff fine for having three suspended players
gotcha but besides Rolando.. I was thinking, who did we get from another team that is a druggie.. forgot about McClain.. i suspect the Cowboys have as well!

Old 01-25-2017, 07:16 PM

i think jerry is rethinking his idea of rehabilitating players with questionable histories, since the issues with manziel came to light a couple of years ago. fortunately dallas passed on him and didnt have to deal with his issues.

unfortunately people tend to have long memories, and they also tend to ascribe behaviors from long past to the current day, and forget the good things that have happened recently. and all it takes these days is one bad apple to create, or continue, a bad name for the team.

Old 01-25-2017, 09:17 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,781,255 times
Quote:
i think jerry is rethinking his idea of rehabilitating players with questionable histories, since the issues with manziel came to light a couple of years ago. fortunately dallas passed on him and didnt have to deal with his issues.

unfortunately people tend to have long memories, and they also tend to ascribe behaviors from long past to the current day, and forget the good things that have happened recently. and all it takes these days is one bad apple to create, or continue, a bad name for the team.
Lets be real, the biggest reason so many of these guys have the issues they do? Steroids. Some can handle a testosterone level of 2000 with a good sound mental stability to begin with, others who are on that edge, go over the edge with using juice. And yes, every single player in the league juices.

Old 01-25-2017, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
Lets be real, the biggest reason so many of these guys have the issues they do? Steroids. Some can handle a testosterone level of 2000 with a good sound mental stability to begin with, others who are on that edge, go over the edge with using juice. And yes, every single player in the league juices.
you have proof of this right? drug tests you conducted? most of the drug suspensions these days are not for steroids, but rather marijuana and other illegal drugs.

Old 01-26-2017, 06:06 AM

14,336 posts, read 14,681,539 times
Major generalization in that statement, and I'm not buying it. Marijuana is the primary issue now, greater because of some states legalizing it. I can see going forward the league will have to focus on marijuana probably.

There are also other drugs players take and they have to notify their team and league ahead of time because they will show up when tested. League has taken a hard line on those drugs and not reporting use, which is somewhat odd, as other things get a slap on the wrist.

Old 01-26-2017, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Major generalization in that statement, and I'm not buying it. Marijuana is the primary issue now, greater because of some states legalizing it. I can see going forward the league will have to focus on marijuana probably.

There are also other drugs players take and they have to notify their team and league ahead of time because they will show up when tested. League has taken a hard line on those drugs and not reporting use, which is somewhat odd, as other things get a slap on the wrist.
Randy Gregory was busted for Marijuana... McClain and Lawrence were for PED use.. Neither are of great concerns on the surface. I can see management taking a swing at Gregory.. 1st round talent in the 2nd round... but you have to question his mental make up being busted for it just before the DRAFT and again and again.. it appears to be more of an issue than just MJ.. he is a head case.. time for him to go!

McClain was a risk that they got on the cheap and it paid.. i guess now we know why.. PEDs. I don't expect he is in the Cowboys future plans.. sad but good riddance, i suppose.

Lawrence is the shocker to me and he is the keeper and the one you give another shot to.. Again PEDs.. probably trying to get back from injury.. i am hoping this PED suspension was a one time thing and he is on to bigger and better things next year! we need him and we need him badly!

i can forgive MJ busts and even PED busts once.. (maybe a DUI depending on circumstance) but not twice.. Gregory needs to go.. Other CRIMINAL felony type of events need to be dealt with quickly and harshly. Once a team gets the reputation of NOT PUTTING up with stupid crap like this.. the less you will see it happen.. players will be more cautious.. and hopefully SMARTER..

I always felt as though the Steelers were to good example of a team that just didn't put up with too much CRAP and then i see Joey Porter on the sidelines shortly after being arrested for assault.... !@#! Far be it for me to tell the Steelers what to do but they just fell off the pedestal i had them on.. apparently they do put up with that kinda CRAP!

Old 01-26-2017, 10:21 AM

Quote:

From what i understand.. its not JERRY calling the shots any more.. Its his son Stephen. Jerry wanted to draft Manziel (so did I!)... but it was Stephen (and he was probably the ONLY one who could veto Jerry) who said NO!!! At least that is the way i heard it listening to Sports Talk radio out of Dallas..

Old 01-26-2017, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
From what i understand.. its not JERRY calling the shots any more.. Its his son Stephen. Jerry wanted to draft Manziel (so did I!)... but it was Stephen (and he was probably the ONLY one who could veto Jerry) who said NO!!! At least that is the way i heard it listening to Sports Talk radio out of Dallas..
yeah, i know jerry was high on manziel at the time, and it might be that the kid vetoed the choice, i dont know. rumors from sportswriters dont interest me, most of them are just that, rumors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football