Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2017, 12:35 PM

1,830 posts, read 2,152,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
The official count maybe... but I watched the game and there were plenty of empty seats...unless some of the fans come as disguised seats.

It's a big stadium. Even games with 70,000 people, which would be sellout in just about all of the NFL stadiums, will have thousands of empty seats.

It would look packed at Soldier Field.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2017, 12:40 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,496,886 times
Quote:
The official count maybe... but I watched the game and there were plenty of empty seats...unless some of the fans come as disguised seats.
Coluseum holds 93,000. So yes even 60,000 would appear not crowded.

Old 10-09-2017, 03:19 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,616,600 times
Quote:
I think in time, there will be more people in the seats. The problem with LA is there is a lot to do here, especially when it is still warm out.

Plus the Coliseum is an old stadium and one where as much as I like that old stadium, it is difficult to watch a game there. No shade, parking sucks and therefor expensive, even the bathrooms and concession stands aren't easily accessible.

With all that being said, I still think they will get more people in the seats because the Rams are fun to watch. Just as Los Angles more than supports the Lakers and Dodgers, so too will we support the Rams.

Now the Chargers, that is another question.

Old 10-09-2017, 03:34 PM

6,227 posts, read 3,411,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
I think in time, there will be more people in the seats. The problem with LA is there is a lot to do here, especially when it is still warm out.

Plus the Coliseum is an old stadium and one where as much as I like that old stadium, it is difficult to watch a game there. No shade, parking sucks and therefor expensive, even the bathrooms and concession stands aren't easily accessible.

With all that being said, I still think they will get more people in the seats because the Rams are fun to watch. Just as Los Angles more than supports the Lakers and Dodgers, so too will we support the Rams.

Now the Chargers, that is another question.
I wonder if the fans who follow the Rams thought the lost to the Seahawks was "FUN" to watch?

The Rams in recent games had the Hawks number but I wonder if going forward if that trend will continue.
The game next time will be in Seattle....

Old 10-09-2017, 06:10 PM

858 posts, read 1,145,907 times
I was at the game and have to agree with some of the comments here. The Rams didn't bring their A game (on offense) and basically beat themselves. Had they played with the same fire as they did against the Cowboys (IMHO that was a way tougher game to win than this one) a week earlier this should've been an easy win. Perhaps coming off that big win on the road against Dallas played a role in the Rams coming out flat. As poorly as they played offensively, they still had an excellent chance to win the game late but were unable to execute. They outgained the Seahawks 375 to 241, but the 5 turnovers hurt as well as the offense not being as sharp. The defense played really well, hopefully that continues.

Last edited by RCLL; 10-09-2017 at 06:25 PM..

Old 10-09-2017, 08:20 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,496,886 times
Quote:
I wonder if the fans who follow the Rams thought the lost to the Seahawks was "FUN" to watch?

The Rams in recent games had the Hawks number but I wonder if going forward if that trend will continue.

Or maybe the seahawks are about to fall. In recent years you could outplay us but we would win ion a trick play. Meanwhile we could beat almost nobody else. Yesterday we outplayed you but luck was on your side. Next time.

Old 10-10-2017, 08:33 AM

Quote:

When your team leads the league in scoring, I would say that is fun to watch. Now as far as the Seattle game, even giving up 5 turnovers, we still could've won, that was a close game. I still would say that was a fun game, we can't win them all, unless you are the 1972 Dolphins.

Old 10-10-2017, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Or maybe the seahawks are about to fall. In recent years you could outplay us but we would win ion a trick play. Meanwhile we could beat almost nobody else. Yesterday we outplayed you but luck was on your side. Next time.

Oh I bet the Rams are chomping on the bit to play Seattle again. I know they feel they should've won that game, and dare I say, I bet the Rams feel they are a better team than Seattle. I know I do.

Old 10-11-2017, 10:49 AM

Quote:

I was thinking about my comment about the Rams being fun to watch. To me fun is not about winning or losing, sure I would want the Rams to win, but fun is about a good exciting game.

Take last year for example, when we played Seattle at the Coliseum, that wasn't fun to watch and we won!!

Old 10-14-2017, 07:46 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,861,393 times
Yeah I agree, winning or losing doesn't necessarily define fun. As a Seahawks fan I've watched lots of wins that were very far from fun. haha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football