Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2014, 08:36 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,229,847 times

Advertisements

I really disagree with most of this

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Coleman did not stop opposing defenses sacking Wilson 44 times last year. I know at times that Seattle offensive sets didn't use a back to block the rush instead depending on Wilson legs to get out of trouble, which he did a good job of. But 44 sacks is way too many compared to Mannings 20.
Seattle typically doesn't use a FB to block on passing plays - even on running plays they are going back to more 1 back sets ..... look at those sacks and pressure and it's not an issue of FB - not even close

Again, with Ware & Coleman and the option of bringing back Mike Rob I'd be really surprised if they went FB in the draft

Quote:
Seattle is too deep in the Offensive line and linebacker core to worry about it, unless they can't meet salary demands or are hit with injuries like early last year.
Breno is a FA and will want a lot of money, McQuistan is a FA along with 30 and a backup quality player, Okung has had trouble playing a full season, Carpenter is entering the final year of his deal and has battled injuries and highly inconsistent play ........... Lem is good depth at C and can bounce to G .... I like the young kids in Bailey & Bowie - however as the team stands today they don't have depth at T (which was shown when they had to bounce McQuistan out there this year) and if Bailey/Bowie graduate to the starting lineup that leaves no one behind them ......... The OL was the reason for the sacks/pressures last year and needs to improve quality & depth

At LB they have a pretty good 4 LB rotation with Wagner, Wright, Irvin & Smith ..... not much behind them though - Farwell is a good teamate and special teams guy, but he's 32 and a noticeable drop when on the field .... Schofield is a FA - Mike Morgan isn't impressive - I like Toomer, but there is a lot of risk there if he had to play

With Pete & JS talking about how they need to draft for depth and the future I wouldn't be surprised to see them grab a LB and let them develop and try to avoid paying big money on LBs

Quote:
Seattle will only draft people who they think will fit in to continue to approve on an already real good team...not some flashy overrated player who will demand money that could be spent on keeping current players.
What flashy overrated players could they even draft at #32 or at any of their other picks? .... with the CBA and their draft position that is just not possible

Quote:
As far as Thurmond...he had his chance and blew it. I hope the rest of the team looks at his situation and heeds the penalties involved in such conduct.
I really don't see any statement - other than it will cost you time & money ..... he's a quality player and if they can resign him cheap I wouldn't be shocked to see it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2014, 11:24 AM

5,147 posts, read 7,480,367 times
I think high finishes put a premium on perceptive shopping. I'm hoping they are going to continue what they've done so far. I always did believer scouts and other front office personnel are a big part of a perpetually contending team. No one seems to ever say "this season is courtesy of a great player personnel organization". Although a few analysts on TV, such as Amy Trask of the San Francisco 49ers. She's been front office with the Raiders and 49ers and brings those people into discussions.

Old 03-19-2014, 11:37 PM

95 posts, read 117,841 times
seattle is number 1 in the nfl. 12 man is epic. GO HAWKS!

Old 03-20-2014, 05:14 PM

Wonder how Jared would fit on the team.
Agent says Jared Allen will decide on new team this weekend - CBSSports.com

Old 03-21-2014, 09:18 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,114,351 times
Word is Allen left Seattle without a contract yesterday.

if he lands there, it is borderline unfair LOL. you're literally taking the #1 defense in the NFL, and adding one of the best pass rushers of the last 15 years. Even though he's old(er), he's still got a lot left in the tank.

I wish RG3 was fortunate enough to have that Seattle defense LOL. Every quarterback's dream to have the #1 defense in the NFL, makes their job SO much easier.

Old 03-21-2014, 09:31 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,074,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Word is Allen left Seattle without a contract yesterday.

if he lands there, it is borderline unfair LOL. you're literally taking the #1 defense in the NFL, and adding one of the best pass rushers of the last 15 years. Even though he's old(er), he's still got a lot left in the tank.

I wish RG3 was fortunate enough to have that Seattle defense LOL. Every quarterback's dream to have the #1 defense in the NFL, makes their job SO much easier.
Allen's play this past year would seem to indicate otherwise and judging from the lack of offers that meet his expectation, all of the NFL GMs would seem to concur.

Old 03-21-2014, 10:26 AM

Hey! "There's no FAIR in football!"

Old 03-22-2014, 01:33 PM

I hear the Seahawks are interested in Desean Jackson. What sort of deals has the team made on the offensive side of the ball? And any news on draft prospects? I wonder if teams ever show their cards on college players they like.

Old 03-24-2014, 06:59 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,114,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Allen's play this past year would seem to indicate otherwise and judging from the lack of offers that meet his expectation, all of the NFL GMs would seem to concur.
Because he didn't have much talent around him in Minnesota this year.

Can you imagine plugging him into Seattle's D? Opposing offensive lines have so much to worry about, Allen might see a lot of 1v1's

Old 03-24-2014, 09:47 AM

Allen and Matthews of Green Bay are both interesting. Have they been figured out? Or is it issues with their teams? That's why starting the season becomes important because only in games that count can you actually answer that type of question. 128 career sacks is nothing to sniff at. Matthews has 50. Not sure what active player has most, but Allen is elite in his position.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football