Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2012, 03:58 PM

14,327 posts, read 14,629,286 times

Advertisements

Wow, high praise from you guys, we'll have to see how it all shakes out in December!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 09:33 AM

1,580 posts, read 2,900,916 times
Huge win by the Falcons last night. Now they are just a Tampa Bay loss away from clinching the NFC South. Perhaps even more importantly, a win over the Saints has to be good for team morale. The Saints have had the Falcons' number over the last several years, and getting the win last night may help them believe that this season is "different".

Old 12-02-2012, 09:04 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,544,430 times
Falcons might just go all the way. Too bad my Saints crashed and burned this season. I hope the Atlanta Airport finds the employees who decided it would be fun to egg the Saints' charter bus while on the job on the tarmac. If an airport employee has the balls in this economy to bring eggs to work in order to egg a visiting NFL team's bus, I wonder what else they do on the job? Drug smuggling, weapons smuggling, theft?

Old 12-03-2012, 11:15 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,102,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Falcons might just go all the way. Too bad my Saints crashed and burned this season. I hope the Atlanta Airport finds the employees who decided it would be fun to egg the Saints' charter bus while on the job on the tarmac. If an airport employee has the balls in this economy to bring eggs to work in order to egg a visiting NFL team's bus, I wonder what else they do on the job? Drug smuggling, weapons smuggling, theft?
Chill with the go all the way talk, we going game by game down here. And you should let the egg thing go. You guys p****d on our logo in the Dome a few years ago after the game. A couple of eggs on the bus pales in comparison. At the end of the day we dont like each other so I would expect New Orleans fans to answer for the eggs next year when the Birds visit.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:07 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,970,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolChevy View Post
Chill with the go all the way talk, we going game by game down here.
I agree. Its best to see how it goes one game at a time. Falcons have yet to face Packers, Giants, Bears, 49ers, or even the Vikings or Seahawks. In fact none of their past NFC opponents this year have winning records. Denver is the only team they have played with a winning record.

The NY game in two weeks should give more insight into if the Falcons are ready for the post season

Old 12-03-2012, 02:30 PM

14,327 posts, read 14,629,286 times
I realize it must be frustrating for them as a team to have a good record and any discussion I hear always has a qualifier at the end of it. Can they do it? Beat a team like the Giants? They have added more receivers for their QB but that is not the only answer. Do they have all the pieces they need?

Old 12-24-2012, 09:33 AM

2,533 posts, read 4,605,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I realize it must be frustrating for them as a team to have a good record and any discussion I hear always has a qualifier at the end of it. Can they do it? Beat a team like the Giants? They have added more receivers for their QB but that is not the only answer. Do they have all the pieces they need?
Bumping this thread for all the Falcons fans out there.

It's time for Atlanta to make a run. We aren't in 2008, 2010, or 2011 anymore Dorothy.

The Falcons have new coordinators on both sides of the ball and new weapons namely Julio Jones to complement Roddy White and Tony Gonzalez. The defense is solid. Overall this is a much better Falcons team than in recent years.

Keep all the hate coming...

"We love the haters, man," said Falcons cornerback Asante Samuel , who had the first of two interceptions against Eli Manning . "The haters keep us going. So keep your hate coming. We love it. It makes us play with a chip on our shoulder."

Old 12-25-2012, 07:59 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,734,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
Bumping this thread for all the Falcons fans out there.

It's time for Atlanta to make a run. We aren't in 2008, 2010, or 2011 anymore Dorothy.

The Falcons have new coordinators on both sides of the ball and new weapons namely Julio Jones to complement Roddy White and Tony Gonzalez. The defense is solid. Overall this is a much better Falcons team than in recent years.

Keep all the hate coming...

"We love the haters, man," said Falcons cornerback Asante Samuel , who had the first of two interceptions against Eli Manning . "The haters keep us going. So keep your hate coming. We love it. It makes us play with a chip on our shoulder."

Kees, for most people outside of Atlanta, they won't believe in this story until they win a playoff game.

I think it would serve most Falcon fans well if they tone down the enthusiasm or predictions until they actually accomplish something...

Its not a dig....

You agree?

Old 12-25-2012, 06:05 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,605,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
I agree. Its best to see how it goes one game at a time. Falcons have yet to face Packers, Giants, Bears, 49ers, or even the Vikings or Seahawks. In fact none of their past NFC opponents this year have winning records. Denver is the only team they have played with a winning record.

The NY game in two weeks should give more insight into if the Falcons are ready for the post season
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I dunno... I'll say that we are better than the top seeded 2010 team with the biggest addition being Julio Jones.

I think after that 34-0 win over the Giants the Falcons are ready for the postseason.

Or was that just another lucky win against a team that didn't play good? I mean, after all, the Falcons can't possibly be a good team! They are 13-2 but if their opponents had played just a little better they would be 6-9 right? Hahahah!

That's what's really annoying about the media.... You hear about the close wins against inferior opponents and the Falcons aren't "for real" but if it were Tom Brady and the Patriots we'd be hearing about how the good teams win the close games.

Whatever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Kees, for most people outside of Atlanta, they won't believe in this story until they win a playoff game.

I think it would serve most Falcon fans well if they tone down the enthusiasm or predictions until they actually accomplish something...

Its not a dig....

You agree?
Yeah I agree I guess....

Still, it's getting quite old. Does anyone recall if Peyton Manning and the Colts took this much criticism when he lost the first 3 playoff games of his career?

The media will be the media and that's what makes it more annoying.

I'm looking forward to seeing which 4-5-6 seed is going to come into Atlanta and beat us... Washington? Seattle? Minnesota? Chicago?

I'd actually give the Seahawks (who are my 2nd team BTW) somewhat of a chance if they weren't 3-5 on the road this season and had a rookie QB AND had to win a road game first to get there... (barring a division win of course)

Anyway... the Falcons will have to win the Super Bowl to get any respect and it's kinda sad really. I don't think it's entirely based on going 0-3 in the playoffs though because they did lose to 3 Super Bowl teams (2 of which won it)... I think all the hate is mainly due to their 45 year reputation of losing... the same hate the Saints had till they won it.

Cya in the playoffs...

Last edited by Kees; 12-25-2012 at 06:14 PM..

Old 12-26-2012, 07:50 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,734,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
I dunno... I'll say that we are better than the top seeded 2010 team with the biggest addition being Julio Jones.

I think after that 34-0 win over the Giants the Falcons are ready for the postseason.

Or was that just another lucky win against a team that didn't play good? I mean, after all, the Falcons can't possibly be a good team! They are 13-2 but if their opponents had played just a little better they would be 6-9 right? Hahahah!

That's what's really annoying about the media.... You hear about the close wins against inferior opponents and the Falcons aren't "for real" but if it were Tom Brady and the Patriots we'd be hearing about how the good teams win the close games.

Whatever!

Yeah I agree I guess....

Still, it's getting quite old. Does anyone recall if Peyton Manning and the Colts took this much criticism when he lost the first 3 playoff games of his career?

The media will be the media and that's what makes it more annoying.

I'm looking forward to seeing which 4-5-6 seed is going to come into Atlanta and beat us... Washington? Seattle? Minnesota? Chicago?

I'd actually give the Seahawks (who are my 2nd team BTW) somewhat of a chance if they weren't 3-5 on the road this season and had a rookie QB AND had to win a road game first to get there... (barring a division win of course)

Anyway... the Falcons will have to win the Super Bowl to get any respect and it's kinda sad really. I don't think it's entirely based on going 0-3 in the playoffs though because they did lose to 3 Super Bowl teams (2 of which won it)... I think all the hate is mainly due to their 45 year reputation of losing... the same hate the Saints had till they won it.

Cya in the playoffs...
You will get alot of people who will say Atlanta's season will be a failure if they do not reach the superbowl. I personally don't agree with that philosophy. Having said that, you MUST win your divisional game whoever that is..... If you don't, all Atl fans will deserve the beating they get.

IF you play devil's advocate and assume all the favorites win, you'll have 1. Atl 2.GB 3SF 4Wash 5Sea, 6Chi.

If you make it to the championship game, it will be extremely tough whoever it is...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football