Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2017, 11:41 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,011,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Horrible call on the pass interference. And the side judge was looking right at it! Oy!
Not only that but they had to look at it a few more times to confirm the turnover. I recall a couple years ago the Broncos had a penalty assessed on them between plays (for the previous play) because a member of the crew looked up on the big screen, saw a penalty and called a "delayed" penalty. I don't see how reviewing if there was PI can't be part of reviewing and confirming turnovers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2017, 11:49 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,678,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Horrible call on the pass interference. And the side judge was looking right at it! Oy!

Give credit to San Diego. Philip Rivers is the qb Bronco fans love to hate, but the guy never gives up. Never. I was pretty sure that this game was going to be close, it's the opening game, the Chargers are penciled in by a lot of people to finish last in the division. They probably will, at the same time they could also come in with a 8-8 season. The AFC West is one tough division.

That's true. I was waiting for things to go south the entire 3rd Q. Things are never easy with Rivers' team across the ball from the Broncos.

Old 09-11-2017, 11:53 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,011,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
That's true. I was waiting for things to go south the entire 3rd Q. Things are never easy with Rivers' team across the ball from the Broncos.
I hate to say this but I really like Rivers. Seems like his team is never out of a game.

Old 09-12-2017, 06:25 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,615,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I hate to say this but I really like Rivers. Seems like his team is never out of a game.
Yep. Rivers and the LA Chargers were a bit more than I expected as well.

Old 09-12-2017, 08:27 AM

2,798 posts, read 2,678,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
The difference between the Broncos and the Chargers has long been:
The Broncos usually have one BAD quarter in a game.
The Chargers usually have one GOOD quarter.

Both of them are usually in the second half.

Old 09-12-2017, 02:12 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,115,378 times
Trevor impressed. I think he looks better than last year. O-line still not that strong, but also looked better than last year.

Old 09-12-2017, 05:45 PM

18,032 posts, read 27,479,203 times
Good to see the Broncos beat the LA Clippers, barely.

Phillip Rivers sure don't give up.

Typical Broncos block-a-fieldgoal-at-the-end-of-the-game victory.

Old 09-12-2017, 08:55 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,227,947 times
Anyone else notice one of the refs refer to San Diego when announcing a penalty ?

Old 09-12-2017, 09:20 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,244,181 times
I expected a close game but not that close!

I'm encouraged by what I saw last night. The Bronco's running attack was excellent, at least against the Chargers, Trevor was pretty spot-on all night and played a smart game, while the receivers made some great grabs. The O-line suffered some, and that should get better. The defense as a whole looked as good as they have the past couple years. I just hope we don't continue with this late-game turn-around as we glide from a 3-score advantage to a near tie or loss.

The Chargers also played well, at least at times (as in during the 4th quarter). Given a little time, Rivers is about as good as any NFL QB. Last night he wasn't given enough time most of the game, and even when he did hit his receivers, they weren't catching them! Look for another tight game in LA.

Emm74 -- Yeah, I caught that one. I continually make the same mistake.

Old 09-16-2017, 06:10 PM

18,224 posts, read 25,871,803 times
Looking ahead to tomorrow afternoon---

The Broncos have made two moves yesterday and today. Starting defensive end Jerod Crick is facing back surgery and will be put on the injured reserve list. I'm assuming if he's physically ready by the seasons half way point he can be re-activated.

In the mean time, Denver has signed ex-Seattle Seahawk defensive tackle Ahtyba Rubin to fill Crick's spot on the roster. He's a nine year vet who spent six years with Cleveland and the last two years with Seattle.

Denver faces a tough club coming into Mile High. Dallas not only have an excellent young athletes in Prescott and Elliott but they have an offensive line that sent three players to the pro bowl last January. The latest line on this was Dallas as a two point pick. Gonna be a hell of a game!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football