Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2020, 10:38 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,989,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
If you want proof that the Broncos are no longer one of the NFL's power players, here it is. The league would've moved the game to Monday or Tuesday if they were still relevant as a franchise, but they're also-rans now.
NFL is using a team with a losing record to set an example. The QB's were not following mask protocol and the NFL talked about stiff penalties a few weeks ago. They also had one game already re-scheduled and the NFL will do everything to lower the odds of Week 18.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2020, 09:01 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
NFL is using a team with a losing record to set an example. The QB's were not following mask protocol and the NFL talked about stiff penalties a few weeks ago. They also had one game already re-scheduled and the NFL will do everything to lower the odds of Week 18.
I say the league was put into a box. That said I think the league should be allowing the Broncos to forfeit if they choose fit. I mean is the NFL really gonna lose from one game being canceled?

Old 11-29-2020, 09:38 AM

6,405 posts, read 8,989,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I say the league was put into a box. That said I think the league should be allowing the Broncos to forfeit if they choose fit. I mean is the NFL really gonna lose from one game being canceled?
A forfeit is considered a game. You would have 2 owners that would not want to pay players for services not rendered. From a cosmetic standpoint there has never been a forfeit in NFL history.

Old 12-06-2020, 07:53 PM

18,220 posts, read 25,865,369 times
The guy who's keeping the Broncos in the game against KC is Shelby Harris. He's been out be==of injuries but has swatted down 3 passes by Mahones. Credit Denver for hanging tough-am leading 10-9 at the half. Surprising--the Vegas line on this game was KC and 14. As dismal as the Saints game was--for a variety of reasons--credit the Bronco coaching staff for getting the club ready to play against the SB champs on their field!

Old 12-19-2020, 06:04 PM

8,606 posts, read 14,897,900 times
Another ugly game for the Mules. Josh Allen came into Denver and made John Elway look like an idiot for passing on him a couple years ago. Broncos have a ton of off-season needs to address. They need an owner, a new general manager, a better coaching staff, and a new quarterback.

Old 12-19-2020, 06:38 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,965,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Another ugly game for the Mules. Josh Allen came into Denver and made John Elway look like an idiot for passing on him a couple years ago. Broncos have a ton of off-season needs to address. They need an owner, a new general manager, a better coaching staff, and a new quarterback.
Look like? He is an idiot!

Old 12-19-2020, 09:30 PM

8,606 posts, read 14,897,900 times
Denver set an ignominious record today. First team in NFL history to win the Superbowl and then miss the playoffs for five straight seasons. They need an owner and a competent front office so freaking bad.

Old 02-13-2021, 08:01 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,008,095 times
I kind of sat out the 2020 season. Not that I missed much. I'm hoping the front office shuffling will help with some things. This was a horrible year for a team trying to rebuild. The best teams this year were a year or two or more into their lifecycles or they had Tom Brady. The Broncos were trying to break in a new QB with no off season. And at one point was forced to play without a QB while the league bent over backwards to accommodate other teams.

So...

I don't care about the 5-11 record. I don't want to see the team move on from Lock. (Unless they somehow bring in Watson from the Texans.) I think this year is just an unfortunate anomaly I hope we can all forget about soon.

Old 02-14-2021, 09:23 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,618,297 times
Glad to see you are back iknowftbll.

I’d like to see Watson end up in the NFC but if he landed with the Broncos or Raiders that would be cool too. Could you imagine Mahomes, Herbert and Watson all in the same division?

Old 02-14-2021, 02:08 PM

1,985 posts, read 974,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I kind of sat out the 2020 season. Not that I missed much. I'm hoping the front office shuffling will help with some things. This was a horrible year for a team trying to rebuild. The best teams this year were a year or two or more into their lifecycles or they had Tom Brady. The Broncos were trying to break in a new QB with no off season. And at one point was forced to play without a QB while the league bent over backwards to accommodate other teams.

So...

I don't care about the 5-11 record. I don't want to see the team move on from Lock. (Unless they somehow bring in Watson from the Texans.) I think this year is just an unfortunate anomaly I hope we can all forget about soon.
My guess is the team is going to take a close look at him in 2021. If he doesn't get it done, I bet they draft a QB in 2022. It's been since Peyton Manning that Denver hasn't had to worry about the QB situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football