Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2023, 05:37 PM

78,404 posts, read 60,579,949 times

Advertisements

1) Unlike a lot of franchises, the Broncos have Super Bowl wins....and well, that's what it's all about. (I'm not a Broncos fan).

2) Any given Sunday. *shrug* I'm a Chiefs\Bears fan and well, in 2 months I'll be looking at the Chiefs playoff route and the Bears draft route. Never get too high or low unless it's a major injury.

Congrats to Denver, remember the valleys make the mountains that much higher.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2023, 07:35 PM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
My morning email from The Athletic tells me this:

Mahomes entered Empower Field not feeling well, either.

I'm glad the Broncos beat the Chiefs, there were times not that long ago when the Broncos owned the Chiefs, game after game. Denver ended a 16-game losing streak with the Chiefs.

Not sure if the Chiefs' defense had the flu, but they did allow Russell Wilson to throw three TDs.
Mahomes flu, no matter. He put the ball into the rcvrs hands when needed, maybe their rcvrs got a problem.

Broncos did just enough with the running game and the defense stepped up to keep them in it. Also, special teams stepped up.

Oh, and props to Vance Joseph.

Mathguy, yup, Chiefs have been on a good roll dominating the AFC West for some time now.

Old 10-31-2023, 09:16 AM

18,216 posts, read 25,854,577 times
Well, after a while the message was getting old. Message? Locker room paperwork--"they've beaten us every game since the second meeting of the 2015 season."

The defense played well, very well. KC's running game was kept in check and a half going 62 yards total, Isiah Pacheco with 40 of it. the big stat here are KC's turnovers- 2 passing and 3 rushing. While Mahones didn't have bad stats (24 for 38 for 241 yards) his qb rating dragged down to 59% due to the one fumble he lost and the 2 interceptions he had. He was sacked 3 times. His receivers played ok, just ok, there were a few drops that didn't help. They are missing Tyreek Hill, long gone to Miami.

The Broncos still have a problem with sacks, Wilson going down 6 times. IMO two of them were coverage sacks. Gotta keep the qb vertical.

For as long as I can remember the Broncos 3rd down conversion % has been pretty poor, yesterday it was 6 for 14. Denver draws a bye for next Sundays games, we'll see what happens with player transactions for today.

Old 11-03-2023, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
The Broncos still have a problem with sacks, Wilson going down 6 times. IMO two of them were coverage sacks. Gotta keep the qb vertical...
Right.

I'm no Josh McDaniels (prior coach that beat Broncos' current coach), but if the offense could become just a smigeon more unpredictable with very random and unpredictable Russ Wilson designed runs, they would learn not to tee off on him every game?

Speaking of poor Josh, back to O coordinator?

Old 11-13-2023, 09:29 PM

Broncos beat Bills 24-22.

Makes total sense.

Missed field goal to seal the deal, but Buffalo penalty, 12 men on field, Broncos win 24-22, just like they drew it up.

4-5 now, wild game.

Old 11-13-2023, 10:05 PM

50,275 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Well, we'll take it. That was an ugly game.

Old 11-13-2023, 10:19 PM

8,605 posts, read 14,888,798 times
The ending of the game was something else. Will Putz gets a chance to redeem himself after missing an extra point, and he misses the field goal - but Buffalo bails him out with a middle school level mistake by having 12 men on the field. Broncos win. Denver's run defense, pass protection, and special teams were all bad tonight, but they won in large part due to Josh Allen. He has the most turnovers of any player in the NFL since he came into the league.

Denver needs to get a better kicker in the offseason.

Old 11-13-2023, 10:37 PM

13,411 posts, read 371,004 times
Not pretty, but still a W.

Old 11-14-2023, 10:08 AM

18,216 posts, read 25,854,577 times
Talk about winning ugly! Starting with the offensive line, Wilson got sacked 4 times. Well, 4 is better than 6 which is what it was the last game. And it was 4 each for the previous 2 games. Run wise, they weren't bad at all with the Broncos at 122 yards rushing and Javonte Williams getting 79.

On the other side the Broncos defensive line had no sacks and gave up 192 yards of it. But the secondary more than made up for it with a solid performance. Then again there is Stefan Diggs with that ugly drop. YIKES!! speaking of quick news--NFL Channel is reporting that Buffalo offensive coordinator Ken Dorsey just got sent down the road. That field goal kicker of ours--well, doinking one kick off the upright on the PAT, missing 2 easy field goal attempts but at least getting the game winner.

Old 11-14-2023, 01:41 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times
For sure, a game which got hit with the Ugly Stick.

Broncos had me spitting tacks last night, but what an ending. Missed a game winning FG but OOPS, Buffalo had 12 men on the field so Denver got another kick -- and made it. I got frustrated watching the Broncos run the same play on almost every first down --- Javante Williams up the middle for 2 yards, repeatedly.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football