Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2016, 11:13 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,803,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
Yeah, I was at the Tampa game too. I wasn't going to miss these opportunities given how rarely Denver plays here.

There were a whole bunch of empty seats in Jacksonville (and several sections of seats are actually tarped off). Jacksonville has never been known for having a full stadium and the price of my ticket (under $70) reflected that.
Denver will play at Tampa Bay once every 8 years. They will play at Jacksonville once every 8 years as well, unless they both finish in the same spot in their divisions and the AFC West plays at the AFC South in the rotation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2016, 04:01 PM

18,220 posts, read 25,865,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
Jacksonville's defense is actually pretty good, and I thought our offense looked a little better than the stats show. .
Good call on that McB!

Yesterday I forgot to post the stat on Jacksonville regarding their ranking in the AFC on total defense. They're ranked 2nd!

Old 12-09-2016, 04:27 PM

14,327 posts, read 14,625,905 times
Jacksonville is a mystery, everyone was talking them up pretty big when the season started! I was worried when the Packers played them 1st game of the season. Pack won but not by a large margin and their QB had more yards than Aaron did.

I was looking at NFL pick watch, where they consolidate expert "guesses" every week. Broncos and Titans is a split, no number so that would be 50/50. The consensus on Raiders and Chiefs was 75% for Chiefs. I picked the Raiders as I thought they would be better than what they showed last night.

Old 12-09-2016, 08:43 PM

71 posts, read 44,713 times
Thank goodness Siemian is back!

Old 12-10-2016, 08:30 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,619,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Denver will play at Tampa Bay once every 8 years. They will play at Jacksonville once every 8 years as well, unless they both finish in the same spot in their divisions and the AFC West plays at the AFC South in the rotation.
I think it's once every 6 years at Jacksonville since they are in the same conference.

Old 12-10-2016, 07:50 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,069,940 times
MY.02 cents. Spanos wants out of SD. Rivers would fit right into the Denver O.

Old 12-11-2016, 06:46 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,008,095 times
Well that was disappointing.

Old 12-11-2016, 11:18 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,619,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Well that was disappointing.
What a weird game from looking at the box score. The game was on right behind me and I knew the Titans had like a 13-0 lead for what seemed like forever, but I was busy watching my Bills do what they do best so I didn't even realize the contrast in the game plans for the two teams. 51 pass attempts for Siemian and 9 rush attempts for Denver vs. 6 completions for Marriota and 42 rush attempts for the Titans.

Can you explain the 51 pass attempts and only 9 rushes?

I never really though Elway would seriously consider Romo, but if these two young QBs currently on the team are not going to be effective and the defense despite good efforts isn't going to get the team to the playoffs, then maybe it could actually happen?

Old 12-12-2016, 08:15 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,008,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
What a weird game from looking at the box score. The game was on right behind me and I knew the Titans had like a 13-0 lead for what seemed like forever, but I was busy watching my Bills do what they do best so I didn't even realize the contrast in the game plans for the two teams. 51 pass attempts for Siemian and 9 rush attempts for Denver vs. 6 completions for Marriota and 42 rush attempts for the Titans.

Can you explain the 51 pass attempts and only 9 rushes?

I never really though Elway would seriously consider Romo, but if these two young QBs currently on the team are not going to be effective and the defense despite good efforts isn't going to get the team to the playoffs, then maybe it could actually happen?
Patchwork O-line. Let's go back to late summer when everyone was saying the Broncos had the worst QB situation in the league. I think we can agree Siemian has proven those claims wrong. While he's not a top tier QB, he is a viable option for the team right now and even going forward. But while everyone else was focussed on the QB situation, a lot of Broncos fans, myself included, were saying the line would be the offense's undoing, not the QB. We hoped we were wrong. The line cannot consistently run block. They can pass block on an adequate level when that's all you ask them to do. Add to it our RBs were the disappointing booker and newcomer Forsett, and it's obvious our best talents on offense are in the passing game.

I really would like to see the Broncos get out to a fast start. Yesterday that malaise was ridiculous. They lead the league in 3 and outs, and between yesterday and last week's game went on an 0-17 run on 3rd down attempts. When you can't rush a single yard on 3rd and 1 or always have to rely on the pass in an otherwise run situation you get problems.

As for Romo, I'm pretty sure that would be a human rights violation behind this line. I also don't think Elway is interested in spending the money on a QB when there is a viable option on contract and a first round pick waiting in the wings. Siemian is not the problem on this offense. He can't quite shoulder the team, but he's pretty darn close. A fumble sabataged his shot at a game tying or winning drive yesterday. But he was playing pretty good in the 2nd half.

Old 12-12-2016, 08:22 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,069,940 times
We have the hardest remaining schedule too.. great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football